1,283 results
All reviews shuttle bus close to the airport clarion hotel per person oslo airport room facing modern design breakfast buffet nice hotel other hotels takes about minutes place to sleep an early flight nice room booked this hotel nice breakfast costs nok
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed there 2 nights. I like this hotel a lot, everything is good about it, the price, the value for money, the breakfast, the dinner, the staff, the cleanliness. It has ice machine in the hallway, free tee and coffe, free internet everywhere and computers and printers as well for those who need. Even though the hotel is close to the runway it is so well soundproof that the air traffic is hardly noticed. I have already decided to stay there one night again soon when I have to be in the area.
Well, the fire alarm woke us up very early in the morning on our second night but since I am very happy with this hotel I think of it as a positive sign that fire security is taken good care of.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Amanda B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Hotel RunWay, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Hi jplindal,
I am grateful for your good comments and recommendations.
Hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

As mentioned in the other reviews a straightforward budget hotel. Good staff, good rooms, fast internet. In the rooms no minibar, breakfast is fine.
But it is not so close the airport as the name might make you expect. The bus will cost you 70NOK a taxi close to 300NOK one way.
Make sure you add these charges when you compare against other airport hotels.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Hello Scirocco-frk,

Glad you think we have "Good staff, good rooms, fast internet."
Unfortunately, you have to take a bus to get to our hotel. We are located right on the runway - but you have to get around security area.
We at Comfort Hotel RunWay dreams of a small tunnel under the runway so all our gjster could have come down here by foot. ;)

Reviewed September 6, 2012

The hotel was very modern and designed in a very practical way. The set up in the rooms and bathroom showed a good eye for detail and practicality with the furniture and hanging space both in the bedroom and bathroom.

Check in was efficient although I had to ask about Wi Fi before I was given a code. It would have been good if this was offered. There is no opportunity to dine anywhere else other than maybe the other hotel next door and the dinner buffet was not especially pleasing for the price paid. You can get sandwiches and curries etc which you can microwave but you are quite stuck for variety

Our biggest issue that dragged my opinion of the hotel down from very good was the fact that the girl on the desk told us absolutely that there was No other way to get to the city other than by catching the Airport shuttle which was 70 Kroner per person each way (equivalent of almost USD $12 for 1.5 kilometres or the other side of the airport. There was also no money exchange she said except at the airport. On checking on the website of the next door hotel I discovered they had a currency exchange and I was also informed that not 100meters up the road from our hotel that there was a local bus that went to the airport every half hour until 4pm and then every hour until later for 30 kroner per person!

We stayed one night and then went to the Arctic for 10 days and before we left we asked to confirm our 2 nights we had booked in 10 days time.

We had to leave the hotel at 4.15am to go to the airport for an international flight when the girl on the desk said I needed to pay. I informed her that I had booked the room 6 months earlier and had a confirmation number etc. She accused me of lying and booking it 10 days before. I was extremely annoyed as she argued with me and I ended up putting it on my credit card. As it turned out when I had booked it on line it seemed they had not for some reason charged the card but what really upset me was the accusation. Had these two things not occurred I would have rated the hotel higher but i think their staff need further training in how to handle situations such as this.

Room Tip: WE were on the opposite side to the airport and it was not at all noisy and it was a basic but comfortable room at a very good rate considering how expensive Norway is.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Cecilia G,
Regrettable that our receptionists did not informed well enough.
It should not be so here at the Comfort Hotel RunWay. Appreciate your feedback and we will of course provide better information in the future.

Thanks for the response.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I attended a conference at this hotel, and it was a very nice experience. The hotel is beautiful, modern, and the rooms are very nice and clean. Double windows makes sound not an issue, but i had a room facing the runway, and I slept with my window open. No problem!
The breakfast, lunch and dinner was also good, although I did find the sushi to get a little tough and dry. But the fact that a hotel serves sushi for lunch makes up for that!
Cant say anything about the price since it was paid by my organization. But the hotel worked well as a conferene hote. We had aprox 200 participants.

Its an 8 minute drive with shuttlebuss from Gardermoen Airport, and the shuttle goes every 15. minutes.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Børge J

Thank you for your great review Børge J!
Nice to hear that you had a nice conference with us.
Hope to see you and your friends again soon:)

Reviewed August 30, 2012

This is a VERY modern, no-frills overnight stay, hotel alongside the runway. Modern, efficient and remarcably quiet.
As for comfort - as the name implies - there is fairly little of it. The rooms are basic with tv but no minibar, and clean. The rooms on the runwayside of the hotel lhas - of course - very small soundproof windows. The lobby, restaurant, bar and lounge area on the ground floor is one, long, open space, and devoid of any charm or comfort. Very noisy. It is surely a very efficient lay-out, from a management point of view, but the opposite seen from the customers side. The shuttle to the terminal is reliable and with short interwalls. The pay-parking outside the hotel is a robber. There is no mention of the fact that a visit to the receprion can save a customer almost twenty dollars a day in fees. No sign that says that paying guests are free.

Room Tip: Ask for an extra pillow.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Hi Andreas B,

Thank you for your stay with us and your comment.
We must apologize that your stay was not as comfortable as you wanted.
But very nice to hear that you thought we were "Modern, efficient and remarcably quiet."
And welcome back any time:)