1,277 results
All reviewsshuttle busclose to the airportclarion hotelper personoslo airportroom facingmodern designbreakfast buffetnice hotelother hotelstakes about minutesplace to sleepan early flightnice roombooked this hotelnice breakfastcosts nok
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We had an early flight from the Oslo Airport and found this hotel to be very close to the airport. It is not within walking distance, but there is a public bus that leaves every 30 minutes from in front of the hotel. The cost is about $10 for the 15 minute ride. The hotel also has a display showing the flight status for departures and arrival of all flights from the airport. The check-in was very fast and room was contemporary and small. The bed was firm and the lighting was limited for reading and working. I didn’t need much for the quick one night stay. The dinner buffet offered was pretty expensive ~$50 and the offering was not to my liking. We walked next door (as recommended by the front desk- thanks!) to the Clarion and had a ~$25 hamburger and fries. Yes everything is expensive in Norway. Upon check in I was given a password for the free internet and it was very strong. The early breakfast that is included in the room rate starts very early (4am?), was limited, but was enough to start the travel day.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Amanda B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Hotel RunWay, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Hi Kevin_WalnutCreek,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we appreciate it :)
Unfortunately we agree -Norway is an expensive country.

Hope you're having a great day.

Welcome back :)

Reviewed February 28, 2012

the room was clean, warm, and decent size. can easily reach with suttlebus (nettbus) and costs nok 70 each way. lot to choose from for breakfeast. seemed to be having problems with TV system since both parties needed to cahnge rooms.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Hi jrlmap,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Hope to see you again soon:)

Reviewed February 26, 2012

The hotel is very clean and tidy. The staff are very welcoming and happy to accommodate your needs. We arrived early at around 11.30am and they had no issues at all with us checking in without charging us extra for the privilege.

Taking into account the hotel literally overlooks the runway at Gardermoen there is hardly any noise at all apart from a very distance hum, hardly audible from the planes as they take off and land. We were in room 3075

The only thing missing as found in most hotels across Europe is a kettle for a cup of coffee or tea to have in your room.

The rooms have a big LCD TV with connections for HDMI, component and VGA inputs conveniently on the side of the desk in the room.

To get the shuttle bus to the hotel then it departs from stand B25 outside the airport and you need the S44 bus. The cost is 70 Norweigan Krone each way and you can buy a return for 140 Krone.

The buffet breakfast had a wide range of food from meats, cheese, fruit, eggs, bacon, sausages and you can eat as much as you like.

Taking in the prices for food in Norway and factoring in the price of the room it is very cheap for very comfortable accommodation with warm, friendly staff who are genuinely pleased to see you.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms face the runway and even number rooms face the other way
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AylesburyDucks

Hi AylesburyDucks,

Thank you for the great review - hope you're having an awesome day!

Liked your room tip:)

Reviewed February 16, 2012

In connection with a vacation in France I stayed at this hotel one night before departure from Oslo Airport, and one night after I arrived back in Oslo Airport again. The main reason for staying here was due to bad/non existing flight connections to my hometown in Norway the same day(s).

A couple of months earlier I was tipped about Choice’s “low price calendar”. I browsed the calendar on the Internet and found available rooms for the price of NOK 299 for a single room for both the dates I needed a room. This is amazingly cheap for a nice, clean and modern hotel room in Norway so I booked the rooms immediately.

I arrived in the hotel around 1 PM and check went fine. Without asking for it the receptionist gave me an access code to the wifi that was available everywhere in the hotel, and which is free of any charge. The wireless connection worked fine and I did not have any problems with it.

Hotel RunWay is a modern hotel. And both in the lobby, as well as in the dinner room and in your own hotel room you soon observe that there is a lot of modern design furniture and lightning. Typical brands such as Flos lamps, Bruno Matsson chairs, the Scandia chair etc. I like it, but some will probably feel that it gives a little bit of a “cold” atmosphere.

The first impression of the room was that it looked quite new, and as mentioned with a modernistic touch to it all. The bathroom has a shower niche with a glass door and everything else you need in a bathroom. Nice design, and also here some special design sink etc.

There was a nice bed that I enjoyed my sleep in as well as an armchair, a smart solution desktop (from Montana) and a chair for the desktop.

My room on both my stays had windows facing towards the runways at Oslo Airport. One of the runways is actually not very far away. I like watching airplanes take off and land so it did not bother me at all. And when I had the window closed I must say that there wasn’t much noise actually.

The room was very clean, as expected.

When evening came I became very hungry. So I purchased the evening buffet, and the evening buffet costs me more or less the same as the room itself; NOK 290 which includes soft drinks. I must say though that the buffet was a nice experience with 5-6 hot meals offered, a lot of cold meals, including some good seafood. And there was also a good variety of desserts/cakes.

The service from the people working there that I was in contact with was generally good on both my stays.

I cannot say anything about the breakfast as it wasn’t included in my room due to the low price.

A general conclusion is that it is a nice and a little bit stylish hotel with a good evening buffet, even though it’s a little bit expensive. Rooms are nice and clean. Free wifi is available. And there are good bus connections to the airport which takes about 10-12 minutes and costs NOK 70 for a one way ticket.

I liked this hotel and I will definitely recommend it. I stay quite frequently in this area, both privately and related to work. I have stayed in many of the so-called airport hotels but never in this one before. Now I am considering putting this one on my list as the “default” hotel of my choice here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Hi vibran,

We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you also for recommending us to your fellow travelers!
Hope to see you again soon:)

Reviewed February 12, 2012

stayed overnight at this superb hotel.
we stayed just supposedly for a place to sleep since our flight was moved
early in the morning the next day. but it turned out as a vacation
since we had a good stay at the hotel. the staff was very accomodating.
they even had good food that was really great and cheap.
and even a free shuttle going to the airport was a plus.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Hi michelle F,
This is such a great read - we're really glad you've enjoyed your stays here with us! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us:)