“One of the best choises in Førde!”
Review of Restaurant Bambus

Restaurant Bambus
Ranked #8 of 19 Restaurants in Forde
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Chinese Food in Norway is not my thing, and I very seldom go to Chinese restaurants. If you enjoy Chinese I guess this one is as good as any of the others, maybe better.

In Forde you don`t have that many restaurants to choose from, therefor Bambus is actually one of the best. They have a small international menu in addition to the Chinese one. The desserts are good, I especially enjoy the fried banana with vanilla ice-cream. The owners are very friendly and helpful. The staff often consists of young girls, a bit shy, but smiling and eager to please.

I have visited this restaurant several times, and followed their development from they opened many years ago. They are now situated inside a shopping center, with high standard authentic Chinese furniture and a view over the river/town center. The prices are not bad at all. Lunch menu with even better prices. Clean. Ok - good service.

1  Thank Ukjenten

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Walked around Førde searching for a place to have a quick/small dinner and found Restaurant Bambus. We where happy with our choice, as the food was good.

1  Thank micmm
Reviewed May 15, 2012

The service good be better, its the only foreignfood restaurant in town, and they have some good things for me on the menu,
I use it mostly as takeaway, than I have no border with the service...

Reviewed February 10, 2012

much as you'd find anywhere else in western europe. The menu will be familiar, the standards familiar, the prices a bit higher but cheap by Norwegian standards. One of the few restaurants I bother going to around here. Now I think about it, the only one I've used round here for a few years.

Reviewed October 25, 2011

On the inside, this restaurant is surprisingly stylish in a very Chinese way, the kind you would never expect inside a dull and boring shopping mall like this. The owners did a good job to prepare this place. However, they completely failed when they hired the staff. The waitress had obviously never been trained to do any kind of waiting, though she did her best with what she had. Far worse was the fact that the food was tasteless, slimy and full of cheap ingredients that never ever should be included in Chinese courses, like cauliflower. Avoid.

1  Thank kjartana