See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

If you want the proper Norwegian experience, this is the hotel for you. The hotel is located just outside the city, this gives you a relaxing and comfortable stay. The staff was very accommodating and helpful. If you want a trip to Preikestolen, this is just a short drive away and the staff will gladly arrange this for you. I highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Sara N, Director of Sales at Kronen Gaard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

Dear DanielKLDahl

Thank you for rating us, and a big thank you for recommending us to our visitors on tripadvisor.

It is very nice that you got the feeling of a true Norwegian experience when you stayed with us. We are very proud of our historical and nature rich surroundings, therefore it is extra nice to read that this was something you appreciated. We have a high focus on accommodating our guests and giving them a personal customer service, so we are very happy to hear that we have managed to achieve this.

Thank you once again.
Hope we will have the pleasure of you visiting us again in the future.

Sincerely

Sara Nyheim

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Spent the weekend at Kronen Gaard Hotel, and had a wonderful time. The hotel has a old-fashioned look with a cozy atmosphere and the breakfast was delicious. For my car I had free parking, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended!!

Dear Vilde K

Thank you for rating us at tripadvisor.
Really nice too hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you had a wonderful time. Expecially nice to hear that you appreciated our cozy and historical surroundings and that you thought the staff was both friendly and helpful. It is also very pleasing to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast. Thank you for recommending us!

Hope to welcome you again in the future.

Sincerely

Sara Nyheim

Reviewed November 9, 2017

Stayed for 4 nights, three of the mornings we were served the same, dry, scrambled eggs, very poor selection , the two existing salads went from a 300gr size to a 50gr size in a small cup. very small rooms, no real space for luggage of a desk to work at.
Avoid.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Sara N, Director of Sales at Kronen Gaard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2017

Dear Andre K, thank you very much for your feedback, we appreciate it. It is very regrettable to read about your experience with us. This is, of course, completely unacceptable and we are sorry for the strong experience you are left with. I will follow up on this internally to find out how we managed to differ from our routines when it comes to our breakfast. However, I hope that we will have the opportunity to correct your impression in the future, and do not hesitate to let us know if we can help you in any way. Sincerely Sara Nyheim

Reviewed July 10, 2017

We were there to visit a friend and her family who are living close to Kronen Gaard Hotel. I did not know that this hotel is part of the historical hotels in Norway before I ordered. It is considered historical because it was built late 19th century. In our room, we found a brochure all about package trips in the different parts of Norway with hotels included. Kronen Gaard was included in the package this year if you are going to Preikestolen.

First impression of the hotel was cozy and if I will compare it to a lady, it is an old & elegant lady. I wanted to say "Javel" to the receptionist, a Stavanger greeting but I refrained as the lady in the reception appeared so formal. We got a big room in the 2nd floor. Slept well. They have these big pillows. The only thing which I did not like was that the room was a bit cold. I could have turned on the heater but it's July. Suppose to be summer. It was very hard to close a little opening on the slanted window. The tv control did not work. People cleaning the rooms should check if everything in the room is working. Especially if your hotel is a member of the "The historical" hotels & restaurants in Norway. Breakfast was superb. I consider it as the best breakfast and dinner in our 7 days trip in the Western part of Norway.

I highly recommend this hotel. Wifi works very well. I think this hotel is suited to those driving with cars.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2017

We spent a night here before hiking to Preikestolen. It is outside Stavanger on the way to Preikestolen.

The buildings are older and very nice and welcoming. It is a historical building, and the interior reflects that. The room was fine, the bathroom quite small and maybe somewhat dated, but no worries. The bed was very comfortable and we slept very well. It was warm so we had the window open and did hear some traffic from the nearby road during the night.

Breakfast was excellent and served in their dining room with candles and the table settings were very nice. Hot and cold dishes, very good fresh bread, juice, pastry etc.

Parking was free and easy to access just outside the building. The price for the room incl. breakfast was very reasonable and we were allowed to bring our dog for a small fee of NOK 150,-

All in all a pleasant stay and even though this is a little out of place for visiting e.g Stavanger or if you don´t have a car, it is perfect as a stop over for going to Preikestolen. It was just around 20 minute drive to the ferry from Lauvik to Oanes.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple