“The 2nd Worst Hotel ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Sverre

Hotel Sverre
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Sandnes
Leicester, United Kingdom
“The 2nd Worst Hotel ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

The room is sparse, no storage, no cupboards, no (advertised) mini bar, no tea/coffee making facilities in room. No restaurant only breakfast on the premises. It is run down my room has a bare patch where a headboard had been. I will be complaining.

Room Tip: Don't Bother
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

I stayed here on business for 3 nights. The room was ok in size but the bathroom is tiny. As others have mentioned it is difficult to shower with the curtain closed and so end up with a very wet floor. The heating was permanently on full as when I complained I was told to open the window! Fridge didn't work. No plug near a mirror. I can't understand why hotels in this day can't put a plug, mirror and dressing table in sensible places? Hair drier is straight out of the 70s but I had my own. Just nowhere to plug it in near a mirror :/ breakfast is good but not much in the surrounding area for an evening meal. Wifi is free but intermittent on the 4th floor. Tv selection is typical Norwegian ie not much English content.

• Stayed March 2012
Elverum, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

The location of this hotel is ok, but the hotel itself is very basic and pretty worn down. We got a room on the 5th floor with a nice view, but it had a very bad odour. The beds were comfortable but we got two singles put together instead of a double, although that is what we requested and were promised. We might have been able to change rooms had we asked though, as there were very few other guests. The bathroom was probably the tiniest I have ever seen and had no complimentaries. The breakfast room was nice and the breakfast good.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tronns
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2011

Single room, pretty dated, but clean enough. Given the standard of everything else in Norway, surprised the hotels are not of a better standard. Plus points were a powerful shower and wifi included in price. Negative points were shower curtain that wants to stick to you and faulty bedside light. Hotel a bit tired and would benefit from a refit, would have thought they could have easily recouped the expense in this country? Decent pizza place 100 metres down the road towards bus station with good Carlsberg and nice spicy pizza

• Stayed February 2011
Sevenoaks
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2011

I tried the Sverre as my usual Sandnes hotel was full. The receptionist was friendly and helpful. My room was typically Norwegian, sparse and boiling hot. Energy is cheap in Norway, so I shut the radiator off and slept with the window open, 0 deg C outside to cool down. Breakfast was ample and the breads superb. Internet is free and works well in the room. The tV is an old CRT unit with very few channels but most are English language in the evening. There is free coffee in the lobby all day.
There is no evening restaurant in the hotel and good eateries are some way off. This is a niggle. Also my shower leaked across the bathroom floor and they do not supply a bath mat, so you need to mop up with a towel. I do not like wet rooms as they never drain properly. Overall it is good value and am booked in again next week.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Trondheim
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2010

I stayed there with my two boys for two nights. We got the room through a Coop Coup (Norwegian) so the price was only around 190 euros. Expensive enough, but for Stavanger and around its ok.

The room was nice, and there was no noise from the outside, not at day or at night. (We stayed inside also a little bit in the daytime) I had booked a family room, i.e double room with extra bed. Unfortunately the extra bed was missing, and they hadn't gotten that info. That resulted in both boys sleeping in the same bed the first nite. Since we booked and payed for it I feel they should have provided us with the extra bed or simply a different room, but maybe they were full.. I was told to speak to the receptionist the next morning.
The next day they apologized and we got an extra bed.

That day we discovered there were a pair of jogging shoes underneath the bed (kids can find things other dont expect!!) that was a bit uncomfortable to find..and made me think the cleaners didnt clean well enough!! I mean under the bed should be a MUST at any hotel... Also I had to ask for extra pillow, extra toilet paper and I was hoping they'd ready the room for three people from day one, not just for two...

The breakfast was very satisfying, anything your heart desired it was there. And one receptionist was a lot more helpful and friendly than the 2-3 others. I dont mind foreign workers, but I wish they'd spoken more Norwegian or asked me to speak English to avoid misunderstandings. That was a bit unexpected at a Norwegian hotel, that the staff dont speak Norwegian.

Anyway the hotel room was ok, a lamp didnt work, and one cable for a lamp and a socket was ruined. The shower was dripping but it didnt matter much. The problem was taking a shower... The shower curtain kept gluing to my body so I had to put it further away which resulted in water all over the bathroom, and we were three people showering that morning...

I guess Id stay there again as I believe we were a bit unlucky. At least I hope its not common. The receptionist at daytime apologised and felt embarrased for the shoes we'd found and told me that the cleaners had stepped up and made sure rooms were cleaner from then on... smth like that.

The beds were great tho we slept very well. The only problem with the room at night was that it was quite hot with the sun coming in...and the window could only be opened a little bit.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
US
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for 7 nights straight. The staff was very helpful and friendly, breakfast was good and the atmosphere was pleasent. The coffee was especially good... and free of charge! I will be back!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandnes
Quality Hotel Residence
#7 of 8 in Sandnes
Smarthotel Forus
Smarthotel Forus
#6 of 8 in Sandnes

Been to Hotel Sverre? Share your experiences!