“Just average”

Ranked #16 of 70 Restaurants in Sandnes
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Mathuset Charles & De opened its doors in 2005. The name tells of exquisite taste and the importance of good cooperation. Teamwork & Passion is the secret to a good working environment. If you visit us often, you know that we like to renew the concept periodically. We like challenges and loves to dream up new and improved ideas. The menus changes 5 times a year. It gives us the opportunity to focus on the best seasonal ingredients and prepare them according to etiquette when they are at their best. Our values ​​are reflected in what we serve. We are concerned with honesty and purity - pure flavors, pure ingredients, clean employees and clean kitchen. We believe in transparency. We are popular, but snobs with cigars are of course also welcome with us.
Berlin, Germany
“Just average”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Busy and understaffed. The food was ok, the wine recommandation downright silly so we had beer instead. Toilets not checked/cleaned for hours.

Visited November 2013

Sandnes, Norway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty upscale kitchen”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Owner Charles Tjessem won the Bocuse d'Or some years ago, in other words he is one of the finest chefs in the world. This restaurant is run according to his standards, training young and aspiring people to provide excellent food with top service. The restaurant is not really luxurious, but if you are interested in food and wine, it is one of the best in the region.

• Visited November 2013
Voorschoten, The Netherlands
“Excellent lutefisk”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Went there with my wife and sister just before Christmas because we knew they had lutefisk on the menu that day. To appreciate this fish you really need to be Norwegian. I have never met a non-Norwegian who actually likes it. But here it was excellent. My wife had the homemade hamburger as she is a little skeptical to lutefisk. The burger was also first class and the recommended wine fitted the bill nicely.

• Visited December 2013
Stavanger, Noruega
“Managers must be helpful”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Even I have a bad experience but I could eat I would give 2 stars. If I could not eat at all I must mark one circle just, right? That's pretty much the case.
I couldn't even eat a toast.

I came to the restaurant, no one received me, and so I went straight to the women in charge. She seemed in charge because she wasn't wearing the uniform like the other girls, and look way much older, but not wiser. She keeps a severe authoritarian perform, but she also was bad skilled for end solutions like one had to happen before my eyes.
One of the youngster waitresses came to talk to her after I made my question to her (- what are the specials of the day?). She couldn't answer me, but she tried to help one of her new employees (2 mistakes in one, two unskilled performers, I must say). When she let me waiting instead answer me, I noticed the plate that dominated the entire picture was hard to swallow. Some client refused to eat the food. For sure, the pasta they tried to serve was too cooked, the whole thing looked like a red porridge.

After she sends away the little waitress, she turns to me without any smile, or sound, she CAST the paper menu. I took a look in all the dishes and the prices. Absurdly (!!!) they were the highest prices for a café place. It is more expensive them night dinners in the big cities. Wake up! There's no moon outside, nor attractive scene view, the food looked awful and worst, the manager is impolite as a primate.
Soon I realized that, I hear:
- Are you made your mind?
- Sure. – I answered, turned my back & went away from this pan demon coffee bar.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank flaviaviland
Sandnes, Norway
“Good food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Expencive but good food from one of the best cooks in Norway. The menu could have some more options, but in all a place to go for special occasions.

• Visited August 2012