“Great food great service”
Review of Charles & De

Charles & De
Ranked #17 of 70 Restaurants in Sandnes
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Mathuset Charles & De opened its doors in 2005. The name tells of exquisite taste and the importance of good cooperation. Teamwork & Passion is the secret to a good working environment. If you visit us often, you know that we like to renew the concept periodically. We like challenges and loves to dream up new and improved ideas. The menus changes 5 times a year. It gives us the opportunity to focus on the best seasonal ingredients and prepare them according to etiquette when they are at their best. Our values ​​are reflected in what we serve. We are concerned with honesty and purity - pure flavors, pure ingredients, clean employees and clean kitchen. We believe in transparency. We are popular, but snobs with cigars are of course also welcome with us.
Sandnes, Rogaland, Norway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food great service”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The family went there for dinner and we had a wonderful experience. The food is so wellprepared, the meal so well composed and the waiters are so nice and competent.

Visited September 2012

Sandnes, Norway
“Is Charles biting over too much?”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Charles & De used to be good, but now it is, well, average. It seems Charles himself is no longer very interested in the place. He is busy in many other places, so he may be too busy?

Visited August 2012
Norway
“Good taste, but where is the value for money?”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I tried the "Summer Burger" and got a small (about 100-150gram) burger with some overcooked potatoes. If I pay kr 199,- I expect more than this. I think this resturant knows better. I would recommend it for the TASTE, but if you are looking for a plate with enough food on it, go somewhere else. This is a review for the burger, I do not know the other dishes.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank OishiiFooood
Oslo, Norway
“You must try Atlantic cod :-)”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Unfortunately I discovered Charles og de, a bit late at my stay in Sandnes.
But I did get a chance to taste the cod in this restaurant. And I can highly recomend Atlantic cod with; bacon, spring vegetables, puré of potatoes & tomato salsa. When you taste it, you will forget about the price. Its worth it!
Charles Tjessem (the owner) was titled World Champion in 2003. Tjessem has also been the Manager of Gastronomisk Institutt in Stavanger and the Captain of the Norwegian National Team of Chefs. Need I say more.. :-)

• Visited May 2012
Derbyshire
“Lunch venue”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Nice place if you're in Sandes and you're passing. I haven't been here on an evening so can't comment on that but the food is nice for lunch

Visited June 2012