“Great steak house”

Big Horn Steak House
Ranked #20 of 45 Restaurants in Haugesund
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Great steak house”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of dining at the big horn steak house if a recent trip to Norway and I was very satisfied with the quality of the service and food that I received there.

My steak was professionally prepared and presented. The meat was well aged and tasted very good.

The restaurant offers a wide selection of local and imported beers and wine which peers well with their dishes to satisfy any palette.

I would highly recommend this restaurant to my family and friends

• Visited October 2013

• Polish first
Kopervik, Norway
“Things not all quite right at Big Horn?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Not visited Big Horn for about a year now, but have dined at the restaurant 3 times before. I must start by saying that had I written a review for my previous visits, they would have been rated at very good or excellent. I hope this night was a one off for the restaurant.

It was a busy saturday night with most/all tables occupied. Me and my wife were seated at a table for 2, almost no space for moving the chairs but we were happy enough to get a table this busy evening. The table was a bit sticky so we asked the waitress to clean the table again - but it didn´t really get any better. As we expected this busy saturday, it took some time before we got the menus. We ordered a combo main course (Medium rare Sirloin steak, spareribs, chicken wings, scampi and onion rings - served with bbq sauce, béarnaise sauce, garlic dressing, mixed salad, our choice of potatoes and extras of our choice).

From the time we ordered to the time we got served, we waited close to 80 minutes. Luckily my wife is good company so even this was not anything we wanted to complain about. What surprised me was that as we were waiting, I noticed at least 2 tables that sent the food back to the kitchen, and one time there seemed to be a confusion which table had made a particular order. When we finally got our food, it looked exciting and very instagram friendly. But as we started on the different courses, we realized the food was cold. Who knows how long it had waited to be delivered to our table, but even the menu item "warm corn" could just as well have just been pored directly out of the tin-can. We decided we were just going to enjoy the meal, as the long wait left us short of time so complaining and waiting for getting served again was really not an option.

On the positive side, the food tasted good and we managed to enjoy our evening despite everything. Would actually rate this visit as quite terrible, but knowing they can do so much better I award them an extra point.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Einar S
Kristiansund, Norway
“Bankers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

If you want a steak in Haugesund, the safest way to get it is at Big Horn Steak House. The food is excellent, but the service is average. Great location and great scenery.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank thorsgaard
Genoa, Italy
“Great steaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Recommended by a colleague, did not disappoint me, actually the steak was excellent. Price was aligned to quality and the place had a good athmosphere. Overall a place to visit again, big time!

Visited December 2012
Aberdeen
“A very good steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

The steak was first class and cooked to perfection, however the chips and onion rings were cooked from frozen and while they were ok, freshly made on the premises would have been much better. The desert was was very good too, Waitress was very good and overall service was good.
Atmosphere was quite lively and the place was quite busy for a week night in January!

• Visited January 2013