“Cosy Hotell”

Thon Hotel Saga
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Haugesund
“Cosy Hotell”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel is very central. close to the nightclubs and the shopping streets. The breakfast was very good and the hotell is very quiet and clean. On Thursdays they serve "Komla".. a Norwegian dish. This is very good here. so the resturant gets a big + from me!
The rooms are big and cosy, and the bathroom is very nice!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Staying at Hotel Saga in Haugesund was very nice. It is situated in the middle of town, close to ecerything. The personnel is very kind and serviceminded, it was like coming to the family, a warm atmosphere. The rooms were clean, but they need to be painted. Some of the furniture was from the hotel was new in the 1950ies. An excellent breakfast was served, and again the personnel was very pleasant and professional.
I can recommend this hotel, not because of the high standard, but because of the friendliness and service, and of course the breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stopped for two nights in march for a business trip. Rooms nice, clean and comfortable but not for the claustrophobic. In general the staff were friendly and helpful but did not have an adapter when I asked, but to be fair this was my fault for forgetting mine, however in other hotels I have known them to hold a few just for such eventualities.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RichardB191
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Perfetctly okay hotel, nice rooms, with a pretty good size for one person. Probably a bit narrow for two people in a standard DBL. VERY nice staff, and a good breakfast buffet. Good, quiet location. Nice exercise facilities.
My biggest issue with this hotel, is that I had to keep the water running for AT LEAST 5 minutes, before I got hot water in the shower! This was every day, for FOUR DAYS! The other people I was travelling with, experienced the same thing.
There was also a lot of dust in the room, especially on the hair dryer, for some reason..
I stayed on the 5th floor, wich has a lot of smoking rooms. For a non smoker, this was not very pleasant.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in a non smoking floor!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Oleanne S
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed April 12, 2012

This hotel is a bit like an old lady... showing some wrinkles, but still going strong. I stayed at the hotel perhaps a dozen times. I especially like the friendly staff are.Central location.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I really stayed here in june last year, but that option was not available for me to choose. I stayed her solo as I was attending a course in Haugesund. I stayed for 2 nights. The staff greated me very nicely and helped me any way they could. The room was clean and well kept, as was the rest of the hotel. And the beds were great, cant remember sleeping that well anywhere else. I had an excellent view to the water. The only downside I can think of is that it was quite som noise at night, but thtas what you get for a good location. You could see that the hotel kept the original style from when it was buildt, but I found that cozy. The breakfast was great and I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: View to the water. 3rd floor or up.
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Southern Norway, Norway
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We stayed here one night because I had a one day treatment at the local hospital and it was very important to have a good night's sleep. Our room was separated from the lift by one room and still we could hear noise from the old-fashioned elevator. We checked in around 18:00 and could hear it would be a problem right away and called the front desk to change, but no other rooms were available. We were woken up several times until 12:30 and then again starting at 04:45. Breakfast was just ok. Our room faced a brick building which may have been a school. Location was good for us because it is close to the hospital.

Room Tip: several rooms away from lift, front of building
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haugesund
Scandic Maritim
Radisson BLU Hotel Haugesund
Park Inn Haugesund Airport
Park Inn Haugesund Airport
#1 of 2 in Avaldsnes

Been to Thon Hotel Saga? Share your experiences!