“The best massage! Very professional service and clean!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jasmin Villa Ayurvedic Resort

Jasmin Villa Ayurvedic Resort
Offenburg, Germany
“The best massage! Very professional service and clean!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

Luckily, I was able to go to this place for great massage before daparture. During the whole trip, this is the best place which I have ever seen. This was recommended by the RANI BEACH RESORT that I also liked very much.

The full boby oil massage was awesome. Very professional, 75 minutes fully good techniques.
The flower/herbal bath was wonderful. Beautifel flowers with candle light, totally relaxing atmosphere.

The price was surprisingly reasonable. I will definitely recommend it to as many people as I can.

Beautiful garden and tasty tea after the therapy.

Free transport which was really nice of them.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Forrestchen

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Jasmin Ayurvedic Village is such a great place to be- very friendly staff, everything clean and the best massage I ever got so far.
Pick up from your hotel is included.
Best place to relax before or after your flight!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Wolfi1611
Arnhem, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Service is good
Wifi and food needs improvement

Far away from restaurants bars and beach

You will need a tuktuk or transport organised by the hotel

We've had a good mani- and pedicure for a good price

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank willemhammer
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

We were staying in a rented house not far from the spa, I noticed an avert on a tuk-tuk and thought I'll give it a go. I checked the reviews on trip advisor first and they all seemed good. I took my sister there for a treat and we were not disappointed. The spa is in a very quiet part of the town, and from the second you walk through the gates you can feel the tranquility. The gardens are full of wind chimes and bowls of seeds and spices, with trees full of flowers ( they pick these in the evening for the flower baths) it all leads to an atmosphere of peace. We both had a face massage and a face pack followed by the hot oil treatment. The face massage and face pack took around 45 minutes, then we sat outside and they brought us some really good tea! After we had the tea they led us to another room for the hot oil treatment. This entails lying down and a bowl hanging above your head which they pour the oil into. The oil runs across your forehead in a pendulum type motion while the hot oil runs through your hair. The attendants massage you hair with the hot oil while the oil continues to run through the bowl that is swinging above your head. It is supposed to be good for migraine and psoriasis along with a host of other things, not sure about that bit but it felt good nevertheless and my hair feels really good now. Not only are the treatments good but the prices are next to nothing, for the treatments i paid 3,600 rupees that was for me and my sister! That worked out about £14! I am going back myself before I go home for the one day treatment, head,back,foot,and leg massage, steam bath, flower bath and hot oil treatment, a fruit platter, tea and mineral water is included this is all for 4600 rupees (about £18) . If you stay on this side of the island you HAVE to try this place it's incredible!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Rachael B
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed at Jasmin Villa at the beginning (2 nights) and at the end (1 night) of our SL backpacking trip and this was by far the most luxiourious place we stayed. Being in SL I wanted to try for the first time some ayuverdic treatments to relax and recover from intensive travelling. We had a beautiful, specious and clean room (5500 LKR per room; 6500 with breakfast; 7500 with HB) and we had several treatments including 3h package (full body massage, shirodhara, steambath, flower bath), I also had facial in beauty salon there. The ayuverdic treatments were done very professionally by a well trained personal. We both with my husband enjoyed them very much and felt new born after them! The usual set-up is that the a woman takes care of a woman, and a man cares for a man. As a pair we shared the same room for the steam bath, shirodhara and flower bath. The staff is very caring, and we did not have a feeling a tip was "obligatory" - it was our good will to give or not to give.
We had HB - nice but a bit overpriced breakfast with omlette, toast with jam and a fruit plate and great Mackwoods tea. Dinner also nice and healthy, but do not expect massive quantities. First dinner, and curry it was, we got with no spices, a bit dissapointing - when discussing this issue they were afraid we are not used to spicy food, but then the next dinner was fine.
The place is outside of Negombo but still in a very near localization to the airport. We were offered a pick up from the airport for 2000 LKR, but we decided it is a bit too much, and we went by tuk-tuk ~25 min ride. (One way we paid 1000, on return we paid 800 and most probably one could pay even less).
Being outside Negombo makes the place very quiet, so you can relax in peace (only some dogs barking in the night) but you are always dependent on the transport to get to the town/beach, especially if one would like to eat out (a very basic small shop nearby but nothing else). Staying 2 nights, once we were dropped at the beach, however we were asked to come back on our own by tuk-tuk, which in comparison to all other customers being picked up and drove back I felt a bit unfair.
There is free Wi-Fi, however it does not work in the rooms.
On our return we had a chance to meet Mr. Sunil, the owner of the place - a very friendly and most helpful person. He speaks perfect English and German, and he is quite used to "demands" of European customers. He also does the tours - as advertised on their homepage. It is obvious that Jasmin Villa is a very popular spot for treatments in Negombo area, and for a good reason.
Overall, we enjoyed staying and having treatments at Jasmin Villa very much and we would highly recommend it. Great place to relax after/before travelling. It was our most expensive place to stay in SL, but you pay for a high standard in a peaceful surrounding. Only one thing, I also mentioned to Mr. Sunil was, that staying overnight does not give to any discount on the treatments.

Room Tip: There are only 5 rooms, and the ones upstairs have a bit more privacy.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Kristina P
Barcelona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed at this resort on the first day when we landed in Negombo. We had a treatment and we thought it was good but when we came on the last day before leaving the country, we did come back because we realized it was the best treatment we had in 20 days!

Highly recommendable: Friendly staff, nice location, professional services!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank Linusbcn
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Negombo was our first stop in SL so a treatment here was our first experience of its type in SL hence we had nothing to compare against.

Writing this review well after our trip, in hindsight I would have loved to stay here and have more treatments including the full packages which includes the room, food and the consultation with the doctor.

After experiencing most of the Ayurvedic treatments across SL, I was definitely say that our first experience here was indeed the best - pity we didn't know then what we know now. They sent a driver and a van to pick me up first as they were fully booked and couldn't fit both my husband and I. I had a full body massage and Shirodhara. 30 mins later they came back to the accommodation place to pick my husband up! (they were't too far away but that's besides the point - it was a lovely gesture). As it was a last minute booking, I had a male therapist as all female therapists were booked - but my husband wanted a female therapist hence he had to wait 30 mins (and 30 mins later, they could not fit both of us in anyway). Usually male works on male and female works on female.

My husband had the full body massage which includes head, shoulders and face. He is very fussy about his massages but complimented her on her touch - so that is saying something!

There's overhead fans and each "room" is partitioned for privacy. The shirodhara treatment is in another room specially set up for this so I had to move from room to room. Being so oily, they offered a shower after the treatment.

The entire place is very clean. The surrounding and environment tranquil. The gardens simple but calming. Sitting area has a little shop to browse for all sorts of creams, lotions, potions and teas. I bought a box of the herbal tea that they served up after the treatment - inexpensive but later on found all the same stuff in a supermarket for less.

This was the only place that I had that I would say is authentic and professional. They are also hygienic! They were also the only place that served a drink after the treatment! So I had started my trip on a high note and soon to follow, it was all downhill since. Not only in terms of the practical treatments, they were also the cheapest for the treatment and the longest in terms of length of time. So a 75 mins full body massage was still cheaper than what I had paid anywhere else in SL during my trip for a 60 mins full body massage! I am spewing I didn't have more treatments, more often!

They give you a small locker to put your valuables in, usher you to the traditional room, leave you to undress and then come in. You sit on the chair to have your head massaged first then onto the table for the rest of the full body and face. You then go to the other room for the shirodhara and then onto the shower and then back to the first room to change back into your clothes. They do expect a tip. They discreetly hang around. You unwind with a cuppa in the garden, then wander to the shop area, but they are still around (only just). Then you get your belongings from the locker and pay at the counter, they are just behind or near you :)

The driver and the van took us back together to our accommodation. It was a very lovely experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tweetcoz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kochchikade
Dalmanuta Gardens - Ayurvedic Resort & Restaurant
Eden Resort & Spa
Eden Resort & Spa
#2 of 11 in Beruwala
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,484 reviews

Been to Jasmin Villa Ayurvedic Resort? Share your experiences!