We had read all the reviews, for a long time, for this hotel most of them telling it as it was. What didn't come across though was that in most cases, if not all, the reviews for the food were for the a la carte menu. We 'put all our eggs in one basket' and booked for two weeks. It is true to say that the hotel is in a beautiful spot and is very clean throughout, with very kind helpful staff. The table d'hote menu we found to be very disappointing. Some things on the menu were good such as the entree and soup but the main course never was enough for anyone over twelve or under seventy,with only one vegetable served and only potatoes once. The dessert was very below par. I was assured that they could accommodate a coeliac diet and to be fair they did buy some cereal and rice cakes and biscuits but there was never a dessert I could eat in the two weeks which could have been creme caramel, meringues or fruit and cream to mention but a few.We had paid a lot of money for a superior room for two weeks as we have done in other hotels in Italy and were truly disappointed in their menu. They had a very strange table plan situation in that if you hadn't booked a superior room then you weren't shown to a table by the windows where there was a superb view. We had, as mentioned, a superior room but I felt the system to be very unfair there. With a little tweaking this hotel could surely get four stars but they certainly need a more enthusiastic chef to meet the family's aspirations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The three star superior Hotel Giardinetto has been within the Primatesta family since Luciano Primatesta founded it as an Inn in 1930. Its continuous evolution has made it a point of reference for the hospitality industry on Lake Orta, as well as further afield. The hotel lies directly on the beautiful shores of the romantic lake in an oasis of nature, it's the ideal destination for relaxation and enjoying the surroundings. It has all the standards of a modern hotel, but with its own charm, a breathtakingly view and the thoroughly romantic environment of the lake. The hotel has very comfortable rooms, an outdoor pool (for those who don't wish to swim in the lake) along with a little private beach. The restaurant with its unique terraces directly on the water, has become famous for its regional and creative cuisine as well as for its wine cellar with over 450 Italian, French and International labels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Ristorante Giardinetto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ristorante Giardinetto Hotel
- Ristorante Giardinetto Pettenasco