“Great airport hotel”

Hilton Helsinki Airport
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Vantaa
Reviewed May 5, 2014

A rare find! A good hotel at an airport. The Hilton Helsinki Airport is very comfortable and very convenient, being just five minute walk from the terminals. The breakfast buffet is excellent and the executive lounge has a good range of snacks and drinks. Surprisingly the food in the restaurant is excellent and not that expensive (for Finland). Clearly there is nothing to do here, but it's a great location if you arrive late, or depart early from the airport.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Satu K, Guest service agent at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear FoodieScotland,

Thank you for taking the time to write this ecxellent review! I have to say that I appreciate your kind words and I am happy that you enjoyed staying with us. I hope you remember us the next time you have plans to visit Finland :)
Until that, I wish you the best of spring time!
Satu-guest service agent

There are newer reviews for Hilton Helsinki Airport

Reviewed April 30, 2014

This hotel is part of the airport complex, a short walk from terminal 2, perfect for that early morning departure.
The hotel is very modern with comfortable, spotless rooms in the Finish style. The bathrooms have both a separate shower and a full size bath.
The restaurant was both convenient and served nice food. All if the staff were very friendly and efficient.
Unfortunately they charge €10 for in room internet, it is free if you work in the lobby / bar areas.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Satu K, Guest service agent/Front Office at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Dear Kenneth S,

Thank you for your excellent review. I am happy that you took the extra time to write about your stay with us. I am very glad to hear that you had a great time staying with us. I hope we will see you also in the future!

SIncerely,
Satu/ Guest service agent

Reviewed April 28, 2014

This Hilton hotel is one of the best I did ever stay. Then have great service, excellent meals and nice, quiet and comfortable rooms. Crew people are well trained and service customer oriented. Shower bath water pressure is pretty wood and it is very nice decorated. I felt pity just staying one night there. I would also recommend the hotel is you want to have a place to rest.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Francisco M,

Thank you for your excellent review. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed staying with us. Also I am extremely happy to hear you would like to stay with us also next time. Mr. Francisco, I am warmly welcoming you back to Hilton Helsinki Airport.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Since February I have made several business trips to Helsinki and each time opted to stay at the Helsinki Airport Hilton for convenience sake. Its location right on the airport property is unbeatable because no taxi or car service is required. It takes less than five minutes to walk from Terminal 2 to the hotel. The lobby is modern, the staff is helpful and the restaurant and bar have good food and service. I do not write many reviews because I travel quite often and am usually fairly easygoing but I am writing one about this hotel because I believe it has the potential to be a five star business hotel but is falling short in one area: cleanliness. The first time I stayed the desk had something that looked like orange jam or soda all over it which required me to wipe it down with a washcloth from the bathroom. The second visit I took a shower and stepped out with body hair affixed to my feet. I also looked into the tub and saw hair near the drain. The third visit I reached for a tissue and found hair underneath the Lucite tissue box. I also tried to make tea and found hair on the small tea and sugar tray near the hot pot. The fourth visit I ordered room service for breakfast and there was hair on my napkin and silverware. The fifth visit which prompted this review I found body hair in the bed stuck to my bedspread (and not a small amount). Please, please Helsinki Hilton this is an easy fix. Please have your housekeepers wipe down all surface areas including under the lamps, tissue boxes, and the little cubbies next to the bed where the alarm clock is, and vacuum all floors including inside the shower. Also, a simple lint roller with sticky tape will work on the bedspread and sheets. No guest wants to see evidence of the guest before them. The rooms are quiet and functional and quite comfortable but sticky surface areas and body hair can make even the most relaxed business traveler uncomfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Attorney1973

Dear Attorney 1973,

Thank you very much for your feedback towards the cleaning service. I have talked to our housekeeping supervisor about all the things you kindly noted in your review. It is unbelievebly unfortunate that everytime there has been something out of order in your room. I can not even begin to say how sorry I am about it and I am truly happy that you took the time finally and told about this.

In our hotel particularly the cleaniness follows very high hilton standards and every year it is being tested several times on behalf of our own quality systems and as well the brand´s own guality formats. Your review and feedback will be noted in our future housekeeping trainings. I can assure you, this has been addressed with several managers already. I truly hope you will continue to choose our hotel in the future and I could tell you have a great attitude towards this issue and our hotel.

I would recommend you to continue to give us feedback about the cleaniness to us personnally or in our own customer satisfaction inquiry. In that way, we could react to your future stays by double checking the room everytime for example.

Yours sincerely,
Satu-guest service agent (front office)

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I booked this hotel because we arrived late in the evening 10pm so did not want to go searching somewhere far from the airport. The hotel location is great only 5 minutes from Terminal 2, the check-in was fast and efficient. The room size was decent and could have looked bigger if the sofa wasn't made into our daughter's bed, a bathroom with a sauna in it! Our beds were big and very comfortabe. The buffet breakfast was just excellent and plenty of selections. We checked out early to explore Helsinki, as it was raining we were offered umbrellas. So glad we took the offer as it was raining all day!!

Room Tip: All rooms are soundproof room, no worry about noise
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Satu K, Guest service agent-Front Office at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Dear Siree B,

I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed staying with us and you were pleased on our service. Thank you for taking the time to write this great review. Nice to hear you had some extra time the next day to explore Helsinki. I hope we will see you and your family also next time here at Hilton Helsinki airport.

Best wishes

Reviewed April 19, 2014

great hotel, all perfect, 5min walk to the airport, Would have loved to have an alternative (and cheaper) choice to the buffet breakfast (~30 EUR). Something quick (coffee & croissant). Only breakfast alternative is the airport...

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Satu K, Guest service agent at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Dear Paxelpix,

Thank you for reviewing our service here at Hilton Helsinki airport. I am glad you enjoyed staying with us and I will forward your request and a good suggestion about the breakfast options to our restaurant manager. I hope you will choose our hotel also next time you are visiting Finland and also, I hope you have a great spring time!
Sincerely

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed here for one night since I had to catch an early morning flight out of Helsinki. The following is my review:

Checkin: Quick and very pleasent

Rooms: Decent size as per European standards. Modern TV with some English channels and mostly Swedish/Finnish channels, clean bathroom and comfortable bed.

Room Service: Can get food 24hrs which is good. But there is a 10 euro additional charge if you get room service, which is very annoying.

Hotel to Airport transit: takes around 5-8 minutes of walking.

Summary: Will definitely stay here again and will recommend to colleagues/friends without hesitation.

Room Tip: 5th floor rooms have access to club house for drinks/breakfast.
1  Thank goadude

Dear goadude,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and taking the time to write this excellent review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed staying with us and I am even happier to hear we will see you also next time at Hilton Helsinki Airport :). I wish you the best of spring and welcome back to Helsinki-Vantaa! Sincerely: Satu-Guest service agent

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vantaa
GLO Hotel Airport Vantaa
#6 of 10 in Vantaa
Hilton Helsinki Strand
Hilton Helsinki Strand
#7 of 64 in Helsinki

Been to Hilton Helsinki Airport? Share your experiences!