“Great business hotel walking distance from airport”

Hilton Helsinki Airport
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Vantaa
London, United Kingdom
“Great business hotel walking distance from airport”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Flying into Hesinki late in the evening, I was able to walk from the terminal to the hotel.
Room was modern, clean and with reliable wifi.
Breakfast was of a reasonably high standard.
Whilst it is a bit soul-less, it provided everything I needed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Satu K, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Barry B,

Thank you for your amazing review. We appreciate your time to estimate our services and we value highly your wonderful feedback.

Enjoy the best of the fall and welcome back next time!

Front Desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed October 7, 2013

There is no soul in the hotel, used mainly by people passing by. That is also a main reason why I choosed the hotel - we had an early flight in the morning and you can not beat the location, as the hotel is just 5 minutes away from the Terminal 2. By the way, there is also a check-in machine in the lobby, which can be useful, if you leave Finland for instance with Norwegian (check-in is possible on the previous day + you can leave your checked luggage at the airport). Also airport's 24/7 open stores and cafés are close by.

The standard room was a bit of disappointment considering the brand and the price paid for the night. A bit worn down, some signs on the walls, old furniture, some cracks in the bathroom, terrible TV. Plus very weird design of the room, as you can actually see through the wall/glass into the bathroom (which has both shower and bathtub). The room is not big, but has everything what you should ever need for a short stay and the bed was big (king size) and very comfy. No problems to fit two adults and a toddler. No noise from the airport at all, but I could hear our neighbours early in the morning.

All in all, not very impressed - I will try another option nearby next time - even if I have to walk a bit more to the airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Iksu,

Thank you for taking your time to write some inclusive feedback. It is nice to hear your stay went well with your family although there where some notes about the room.
We are extremely proud of our scandinavian design and interior. I am sad to hear there were some remarks in your room. We will make sure this won´t happen again. I hope we´ll be able to offer a better and more valuable experience to you and your family next time you visit Hilton Helsinki Airport!

Best regards,
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My wife and I were traveling from the US to meet a cruise ship in Stockholm. Unfortunately, weather got in our way and we missed an east coast connection resulting in a diversion to Munich, then Stockholm and finally Helsinki. Oh, and did I mention no bags?!? The Hilton Airport Helsinki was a terrific salve to our over traveled bodies. Service was excellent, the room was perfect and everyone most helpful. The only thing another traveler should be aware of is that we were told to walk to the hotel from the airport. It is a good 10 minute plus walk which, if one had luggage (remember we did not!), could be a chore. In summary though, an excellent airport property.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Satu K, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your amazing review and appreciation towards our services, it is nice to hear you enjoyed your stay!

Warmly welcoming back,
Guest Services Agent
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed here one night, in October 2013, while making an overnight connection at the Helsinki Airport.

The hotel's location could not be better -- we were able to make the short (covered!) walk from the Finnair terminal to the hotel in just a few minutes. The signage on how to get to the Hilton was easy-to-follow. It was refreshing to not have to board a shuttle to get to an airport property.

The hotel's condition is excellent. The lobby was bright and airy, with high ceilings. The hallways had a lot of wood features, which gave them a nice appearance and one that rung true to Finnish design. The room was well-designed, with hardwood floors, a large bathroom with separate tub and shower, a nice desk, a small sitting area, and the bed. Closets were on either side of the bed, and side tables for the bed were cleverly integrated into the closet units. All in all, it was a well-designed, clean guestroom that worked fine for an overnight stay.

My only complaint concerning the guestroom was the mattress -- it was among the hardest mattresses I've ever encountered in a hotel! The linens, while very white and clean, were also a bit scratchy. Not a huge deal for a quick overnight, but if I were on an extended vacation here, I would be disappointed. I typically find Hilton beds much more comfortable.

I was given access to the executive lounge. Its offerings were decent, though nothing special -- the evening buffet featured a couple of hot appetizers, some fruit and cheese, etc. It was not substantial enough to substitute for a full meal, but if you're looking for a light bite after a long flight, it will suffice. I will say that the lounge should improve its wine selection -- there were cheap bottles of Yellow Tail available. Having cheap Australian wine in a European lounge was odd.

Kudos to the hotel for offering breakfast as early as 3:30a -- if only all airport properties did this!

My only disappointment with the hotel was the service at the front desk. The gentleman who checked me in while professional, but simply going through the motions. I later asked for assistance on identifying a restaurant in downtown Helsinki for dinner (you can get to downtown in ~30 minutes by taking a bus operated by Finnair from T2; it's a few Euro). I was handed a guide of restaurants and it was clear he wanted no part of making any real suggestions or helping to guide me around downtown. Check-out was equally business-like.

Overall, though, it fit the bill for an overnight stay for its nice rooms and convenient location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comprehensive feedback and review towards our services. We are extremely happy to hear that you have enjoyed the visit. Personally I am glad to hear that you have taken the extra time to really estimate different parts of our services. We value your comments highly and especially the parts where we have to improve on. I will make sure, your remarks will be noticed in the next crew meeting.
I truly hope that we will see you again in the future!

Kind regards,
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Situated on the airport...it is the standard, high cost, souless Hilton hotel. Could be anywhere in the world.

All the staff I spoke to were very pleasant and keen to help.

Room was a little on the small side...but for one night, for business right next to the airport...it was spot on.

Didnt score 100% becuase of the room and restaurant charges. Very, very high.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Satu K, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our services. I hope next time we can offer you more soulful and personal service because it is after all something that we aim for. Welcome back!

Sincerelly,
North Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed here twice during on emy way to and back from Kittila. The hotel lives up to the Hilton name had excellent facilities. The hotel is just a short walk from the T2 terminal (through an enclosed walkway), but my airline -- Lufthansa -- landed in terminal T1 and the hotel was about 10 to 15 minutes walk from T1. The room was very nicely furnished and the room rate included a great breakfast. On my second stay, I had to catch an early morning flight and it turns out that they even serve a limited breakfast from 3:30 am to 6:00 am for those leaving early. I really appreciated the early breakfast.

If you have time (as I did, on my first stay) and want to spend the afternoon visiting Helsinki city, just head over to terminal T2 and look for the Finnair bus that takes you to the railway station in city center in about 30 minutes.

All in all, this is an excellent airport hotel where you can get a great night's sleep before flying off to wherever you may be going.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Satu K, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review and kind words. We are pleased to hear your great experiences in our hotel services within two different occasions. I hope to see you next time when you´ll visit Finland again.

Guest Services Agent
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This hotel is the prefect hotel to stay should you have to overnight in Helsinki. It modern sparse decor gives it a specific "Fin" feel and I find it refreshing. It is an easy walk from the airport to the hotel and only about 5 mins. It is undercover ( roof only ) the whole way so you need not worry about the weather. You walk to the end of the airport and then there is a small lift to take you up another level. Stairs if you do not have luggage. Help with your luggage is non existent at the hotel so either take an airport trolley ( which I took to my room ) or ensure you have wheels on your bag. The rooms are comfortable and fresh and surprisingly quiet. The restaurant is okay and I did eat an excellent steak. Not being Finnish I could not eat Raindeer but it is on offer. I have stayed a couple of times and would go back again.

Room Tip: All rooms I have stayed in are equal in size and style and have stayed on both sides of the hotel.