“Great airport hotel”

Hilton Helsinki Airport
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Vantaa
Reviewed July 7, 2008

If you accept this hotel being an airport hotel (no other restaurants, away from town center), then nothing is wrong with it; quite the contrary. I was greeted by really service minded staff (a change in northern Europe), my room was really good; modern and clean; and the hotel has really good amenities such as a good gym studio and sauna. I'll stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Write a ReviewReviews (2,154)

Reviewed June 30, 2008

Please note that this hotel is not located in Helsinki center area but next to the airport which is some 30 km away from Helsinki downtown - and in fact in a Vantaa - a town ship of greater Helsinki Area.

The area around the hotel is industrial - no facilities other that what are provided by the hotel.

I could choose this palce if I had to overnight close to the airport for cathing onwards flight - otherwise head to the centenr of the town - more close to the Central Railway Station you can get the better.

Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2008

I stayed overnight at Hilton Helsinki-vantaa airport in May 08 because I had an early flight. My room was spacious with a king-size bed, armchair, desk and tv. Wireless was free of charge so I managed to do some work before heading to bed.
The bathroom had a separate bathtub and shower, something which I have not seen much. There is a window between the bathroom and the room, which I am not quite sure whether I like it or not. Staying there by myself, it did not matter.
I had the early breakfast (bread, croissants, cheese, juices, coffee/tea and some fruits) at the lobby. It was nice so I would have loved to see the whole breakfast buffet

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2008

The Hilton at the Helsinki Airport was great! It's about a 5 min. walk from the terminal. It's beautifully designed - no surprise, being in Finland! - the lobby is simple and elegant - birch trees along the walls and a welcoming front desk. The staff was very pleasant. Our room was small but the details were wonderful - wood floors, nice linens with colorful pillows, the bathroom was very modern with etched windows looking into the bedroom. Breakfast was good and served in a bright, comfortable room. It was expensive but that's Scandinavia! I would recommend it if you are looking for a nice place to stay near the airport.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2008

The new Hilton at Helsinki's Vantaa airport is quite spectacular. The decor is right out of a finish winter and is very open and expertly decorated. The restaurant and bar are superb and the rooms are rather spacious and well laid out.

Service is nice and efficient and food was excellent. Very clean rooms. This is the best hotel anywhere near the airport and one of the best in town. It is also right at the terminal and has easy walk-in walk-out.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2008

We stayed at the Hilton because we had a very early flight the next morning and wanted to be well rested for our vacation. The deal we got was actually the same price (or even a little cheaper) than the rest of the airport hotels, which are further away and not nearly as nice. The restaurant was wonderful and the room was very comfortable. No sound could be heard from the runways, which are basically right outside the window. The bathroom had a separate bath tub and shower stall, which I haven't seen before, and everything was spotless and new. The only thing we found a bit strange was the window between the bathroom and the bedroom. A little more privacy would be nice, even for a couple. However, the overall experience was so good that we will definitely return if we ever get a room for the price we did this time.

At 3:30 a.m. we got the "early breakfast", which included juices, bread, cold cuts, coffee, tea and lots of fruit. We were sad to miss the complete breakfast, but the one we got was better than the actual breakfast at some hotels. You can even check in for some flights at the reception desk and the walk to the terminal takes 5 minutes...how can you beat that?

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2008

I stayed here for the first time in March. I first got a great rate on the Hilton website (122 euros), and got upgraded to the Executive floor since I have Gold status. Room was perfect, staff were very helpful. I will definitely stay here again. It's about 30 minutes to the city centre from the public bus system in walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business