“family”

Hilton Helsinki Airport
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Vantaa
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Location is ideal for a stopover before continuing your journey. Great to be able to walk to the hotel. Helsinki Airport a great way to get to the Far East rather than by the Middle East.
Connecting rooms were useful for our family of four. Rooms were small but very clean. They were well insulated and you could hardly hear any noise from the airport.

Wi-Fi was free in the lobby areas but not in the rooms. Breakfast was great with a good choice. Our children really enjoyed them. Food was of a very high quality.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Satu K, Guest Services, Front Desk at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

We highly appreciate your feedback and your time to review our services. We are very excited to hear about your experience, especially because you were travelling with your family. We like to offer convenient and comfortable stays for families by offering connecting rooms for example. I will mention to our restaurant department your kind words concerning our food services.

We hope to see you and your family in the future!

Kind regards,
Guest Services, Front Desk

There are newer reviews for Hilton Helsinki Airport

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've stayed at the Hilton Helsinki airport for a couple of times during layovers and I must say that it is one of my favourite airport hotels so far. The staff is always extremely helpful and upbeat, even when you are arriving in the middle of the night. The rooms are very clean and modern with big, comfy beds and a proper bathroom with a separate shower and tub. Breakfast is excellent, even the "pre-breakfast", which the start serving already before 5 am is already plenty. You never have to eave hungry! And let's not forget the location, as the hotel is in a building right next to the terminal building you never have to wait for a shuttle or anything similar. Stay here if you are arriving late to or taking off early from Helsinki airport, you won't regret it!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Linda N
Satu K, Guest Services Front Desk at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Linda N,

I am extremely glad to hear that we are one of the best airport hotels that you´ve visited. We are proud of our service level and I am happy that you recognize our effort. Thank you for taking some extra time and reviewing our services, specially our breakfast. We serve our "pre-breakfast" daily at 3.30am.

Hope to see you again soon!

Guest Services, Front Desk

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

As a frequent business traveler I look for that "home away from home"
When I step foot back into the Hilton Vantaa I feel as if I have arrived home. This is a fantastic place to lay your head before that early morning departure or even if you want to enjoy Helsinki Finland without staying in the city. The property is tucked amongst the periphery of the airport with convenient walking access to the airport terminal.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Guest,

So nice to hear from a frequent guest and a business traveler that we are a great choice. We want to make our guests feel as if they were "home away from home" as you perfectly put it. Thank you for recognizing this. Let there be many more stays like this.

Warmly welcoming you back "home",

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had a early afternoon flight in to Helsinki from Jyvaskyla. Short walk to the Hotel, changed and refreshed after the morning’s business arrangements in Jyvaskyla. Jumped on a shuttle bus going in to Helsinki (just a 100 steps from the hotel). Nice locations .Great service.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear Mr. Kobus,

Thank you for your outstanding review, your recognition towards our staff is very important and everyone in our team values these kind of inputs. I will let the staff know about your experience.

Hope to see you someday again in Hilton.

With best regards,
Guest Services

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Landed at Helsinki Airport, after a full day layover in Paris. Tired from the trip from DFW. Walked about 100m from the airport exit to the hotel lobby. Room included internet access and breakfast. Extremely friendly staff. Had dinner at the hotel, and tried reindeer! Amazing. The free breakfast was huge, and had a great variety of excellent items. I rented a van at the airport, so the next morning it was very convenient to pick it up. Did take a taxi a few nights to/from the downtown area instead of driving. Wasn't bad at all. There's a mall very close by too. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Satu K, Guest Service Agent, Front Desk at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Bkraman,

Thank you for reviewing us with the highest points! This means that we truly did an excellent job serving you, thank you again. This means a lot to us. I have to say, that I am happy to hear you tried Finnish national dish (reindeer) . Our restaurant is proud of the variety of the menu and the chefs are one of the best in the city. It is always great to live up for the guests´ expectations. Looking forward seeing you again in Hilton.

Warm sincere,

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Overall an excellent stay but severely let down by left luggage. Checked out early , went back to collect in evening and handed over ticket to retrieve them as I have many times before around the world.

Instead the male receptionist said 'no they're not here' cue panic. He then walked to the left luggage room and checked, and as if by magic there it was. If this wasn't enough, he then told me unprompted its left at own risk and I should be glad it's here for free! No pleasantries, no thanks for staying. Excuse me I've just spent nearly 500 euros at the hotel over the weekend and I don't expect the minute I'm checked out to be treated as if I'm some tramp.

Real shame because the hotel was excellent to this point. First time at a Hilton and if they are going to be so awful after checkout it will probably be my last.

I am angry hence my post less than two hours after the incident!

• Stayed: August 2013
Satu K, Guest Services agent, Front Desk at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Snowcat247,

I can understand why you were upset after this, we could’ve handled the situation with more professionalism and care.
I am truly sorry to hear that in spite of your overall excellent stay; clearly we haven’t been able to serve you satisfactorily. Thank you though for your feedback, we will definitely learn from our mistakes. Our goal is to provide excellent service to all our guests in spite of whether they are staying in the hotel or already leaving. We will make sure that in these kind of cases we will take better care in handling the situation. I truly hope behalf of all our front desk staff that we will see you in Hilton in the future.

Kindly,
Guest Services agent
Front Desk

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed for 1 night only. The walking from the airport is piece of cake, there were 3 staff at the reception it was already after midnight, very efficient, check in was uneventul. The room I got had 2 rooms actually, so nice surprice, the bathroom is very modern, everything you need is there. Short tea in the early morning (in room facilities of course) and off I go to check out, again efficient and pleasant experience. All in all I highly recommend the stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank AhogZ

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and your kind words. Thank you also for recommending our hotel, it is always great to hear positive feedback straight from our guests. I am pleased to hear you had a great time with us and that we could offer you a quick getaway from travelling.

I hope we can offer you a pleasant stay again the next time you visit Helsinki.

Guest services agent
Front Desk

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vantaa
GLO Hotel Airport Vantaa
#6 of 10 in Vantaa
Hilton Helsinki Strand
Hilton Helsinki Strand
#7 of 66 in Helsinki

Been to Hilton Helsinki Airport? Share your experiences!