“Luxury Airport Lodging”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Vantaa
West Chester, Ohio
“Luxury Airport Lodging”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

As a frequent business traveler I look for that "home away from home"
When I step foot back into the Hilton Vantaa I feel as if I have arrived home. This is a fantastic place to lay your head before that early morning departure or even if you want to enjoy Helsinki Finland without staying in the city. The property is tucked amongst the periphery of the airport with convenient walking access to the airport terminal.

• Stayed August 2013
Satu K, Guest Services, Front Desk at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

So nice to hear from a frequent guest and a business traveler that we are a great choice. We want to make our guests feel as if they were "home away from home" as you perfectly put it. Thank you for recognizing this. Let there be many more stays like this.

Warmly welcoming you back "home",
Satu K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had a early afternoon flight in to Helsinki from Jyvaskyla. Short walk to the Hotel, changed and refreshed after the morning’s business arrangements in Jyvaskyla. Jumped on a shuttle bus going in to Helsinki (just a 100 steps from the hotel). Nice locations .Great service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mr. Kobus,

Thank you for your outstanding review, your recognition towards our staff is very important and everyone in our team values these kind of inputs. I will let the staff know about your experience.

Hope to see you someday again in Hilton.

With best regards,
Guest Services
Dallas, Texas, USA
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Landed at Helsinki Airport, after a full day layover in Paris. Tired from the trip from DFW. Walked about 100m from the airport exit to the hotel lobby. Room included internet access and breakfast. Extremely friendly staff. Had dinner at the hotel, and tried reindeer! Amazing. The free breakfast was huge, and had a great variety of excellent items. I rented a van at the airport, so the next morning it was very convenient to pick it up. Did take a taxi a few nights to/from the downtown area instead of driving. Wasn't bad at all. There's a mall very close by too. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Satu K, Guest Service Agent, Front Desk at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Bkraman,

Thank you for reviewing us with the highest points! This means that we truly did an excellent job serving you, thank you again. This means a lot to us. I have to say, that I am happy to hear you tried Finnish national dish (reindeer) . Our restaurant is proud of the variety of the menu and the chefs are one of the best in the city. It is always great to live up for the guests´ expectations. Looking forward seeing you again in Hilton.

Warm sincere,
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Overall an excellent stay but severely let down by left luggage. Checked out early , went back to collect in evening and handed over ticket to retrieve them as I have many times before around the world.

Instead the male receptionist said 'no they're not here' cue panic. He then walked to the left luggage room and checked, and as if by magic there it was. If this wasn't enough, he then told me unprompted its left at own risk and I should be glad it's here for free! No pleasantries, no thanks for staying. Excuse me I've just spent nearly 500 euros at the hotel over the weekend and I don't expect the minute I'm checked out to be treated as if I'm some tramp.

Real shame because the hotel was excellent to this point. First time at a Hilton and if they are going to be so awful after checkout it will probably be my last.

I am angry hence my post less than two hours after the incident!

• Stayed August 2013
Satu K, Guest Services agent, Front Desk at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Snowcat247,

I can understand why you were upset after this, we could’ve handled the situation with more professionalism and care.
I am truly sorry to hear that in spite of your overall excellent stay; clearly we haven’t been able to serve you satisfactorily. Thank you though for your feedback, we will definitely learn from our mistakes. Our goal is to provide excellent service to all our guests in spite of whether they are staying in the hotel or already leaving. We will make sure that in these kind of cases we will take better care in handling the situation. I truly hope behalf of all our front desk staff that we will see you in Hilton in the future.

Kindly,
Guest Services agent
Europe
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed for 1 night only. The walking from the airport is piece of cake, there were 3 staff at the reception it was already after midnight, very efficient, check in was uneventul. The room I got had 2 rooms actually, so nice surprice, the bathroom is very modern, everything you need is there. Short tea in the early morning (in room facilities of course) and off I go to check out, again efficient and pleasant experience. All in all I highly recommend the stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank AhogZ
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and your kind words. Thank you also for recommending our hotel, it is always great to hear positive feedback straight from our guests. I am pleased to hear you had a great time with us and that we could offer you a quick getaway from travelling.

I hope we can offer you a pleasant stay again the next time you visit Helsinki.

Guest services agent
Epsom, UK
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I chose this hotel because I had meetings at/near the airport and was pleasantly surprised by the high standards. Needless to say all staff spoke perfect English. The room was a good size, great shower and toiletries and a very comfy bed. Wi-fi free (very fast) and excellent breakfast included.
On my 2nd night I was woken at 3am by children running up & down the corridor, playing with the ice machine. I called reception, who sent someone immediately to deal with situation and peace was resumed.
Gym (free) is well equipped.
Although this hotel is a great choice if you are flying or working near the airport, bear in mind that its approx 40EUR in a taxi to downtown Helsinki, but there is a much cheaper bus . Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The hotel is a square, so half of the rooms face internally. Ask for an even numbered room if you wa...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Satu K, Guest Service agent, Front Desk at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are extremely happy to hear about your great stay with us! We enjoy hearing your thoughts about the facility and amenities and excellent tips for our future guests. Thank you!
We take great pride in making sure all our customers would enjoy a relaxing and a comfortable stay with us.

Warmly welcoming you back next time,
Guest Service agent
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I reserved a room for 4 people (2 adults and 2 children). When I checked-in, I was told that my reservation was for 3 people and I had to pay an additional 30 Euros for my husband to stay in the room. I said I'd reserved a room for 4 people. The hotel asked for a printed copy of my reservation, which I didn't have. I said I would get a copy from my email and the hotel said wi-fi would cost me an additional 10 Euros. I went to the airport for free wi-fi, got my email, and provided it to the hotel. Not once did they apologize or acknowledge their mistake. If you're traveling with a family, stay at another hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Caroline M
Satu K, Guest services, Front Desk at Hilton Helsinki Airport, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and I am truly sorry for the confusion in the reservation. I hope I can give you a sincere apology and some further explanation. We hope you had a great stay in spite of the confusion.

I am assuming we’ve had wrong number of adults in the first place. Unfortunately the number of adults have some how been only 1 adult and 2 children and not 2 adults and 2 children in our computer system. For extra person in the room, we charge 35€ extra fee. To avoid any extra charges, we have kindly asked you to provide a confirmation of the reservation.

Unfortunately sometimes these confusions do happen, due to a technical problem etc. This is why it is always good to have a confirmation of the reservation; this is naturally customers’ backup. I am happy you had a confirmation but obviously sad to hear you had to go the airport for WLAN.

We offer free WLAN in our hotel lobby, so I am more than sad to hear that you walked to the airport for internet access. We must provide better information about our free WLAN for our customers.

I sincerely welcome you and your entire family back to Finland and to Hilton Helsinki-Vantaa, hope to see you again someday in our hotel!

Guest Services,