Scandic Helsinki Aviacongress
Great 4.5/5
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsrantasipi airportclose to the airportairport hotelfree airport transferswimming poolreception staff arebus stoptwo nightsbreakfast is servedfree breakfastporridgeearly checkfinnish hotelsrooms are cleanone night stayjumbo shopping centrearriving late
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have been in this hotel already a couple of times and it's really a good choice if you want to stay close to the airport. The rooms are clean, maybe nothing fancy but overall my feeling was positive. I really like the quality of the wifi connection in the rooms. I would improve the choice and overall quality of the breakfast buffet, but again, for a quick stay is more than enough. Good hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Hotel-Rantasipi-Airp, Manager at Scandic Helsinki Aviacongress, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear customer,
Thank you for your good review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you also for noticing our free Wi-fi. I also send thanks to the housekeeper, from good job with the cleaning.

Welcome again. Have a nice summer.

Taina Jukola/Rantasipi Airport managment

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Finding a reasonably priced hotelroom close to the airport can be a little tricky nowadays, so when I found a room in Rantasipi for 75€ I was more than happy to book it right away. I have been there once before so I knew what we would get and therefore was not disappointed. Check in went smoothly and we got a quiet and comfortable room on the 7th floor. Beds were fine, I was missing for a small light to be able to read in the bed. Breakfast was good but I only had some toast and coffee as I am not hungry at 4am :-) The restaurant was once again not that impressive, it was not a very busy night but still there was only one waitress who was in a hurry and obviously stressed about it. The food was mediocre, but as it was already late there were no other options to dine elsewhere than there. Overall, this is a good option for a short stay and the shuttle service to airport was very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I´m happy to hear, that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Thank you for your feedback, so we can improve our room product.

Welcome again to Rantasipi Airport hotel. Have a nice summer.
Best regards

Taina Jukola/Rantasipi Airport managment

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Overall - Slightly out of the way from town. Limited dining options. Functional. Might stay again only for quick transit to airport.

Service - Within expectations.

Location - 10mins via FOC shuttle bus to airport. Some confusion or walking in between the construction area to the other buses to get to town/train stations. Ok in summer but I'm not so sure during the Finnish winter....

Facilities - Basic as in the Hyvinkaa Rantasipi. Simple old design but functional.

Food - Not much choices around the neighborhood. Since I stayed only 1 night, I didn't try the hotel restaurant. Seems like "classic pizza" in the Jumbo mall is very popular though. Long queue to get in so I went to the steak restaurant beside instead. Should have just queue up for a good dinner....

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Maxim_Lee
Hotel-Rantasipi-Airp, Manager at Scandic Helsinki Aviacongress, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having your stay in Rantasipi Airport Hotel while in the area and your feedback.
Have a nice summer and welcome again.

Best regards Taina Jukola, Hotel Manager

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We had two rooms on the top floor, so our rooms were pretty quiet, especially as close as we were to the airport. Front desk staff were friendly and efficient. Bed was double, so quite comfy, and bathroom had plenty of space for a woman :) The bar was large and well-appointed, but the bartender was a little gruff with our questions. The restaurant is the only one nearby, so it's necessary for dinner, but expensive-- 16 Euro for a hamburger! Breakfast buffet opens very early (4am) for early flights, as ours was, which was very convenient. it was about standard for most Finnish breakfast buffets with both hot and cold items. There's a small grocery (really just some shelves) but at least you can get a pair of underwear if you need :) The shuttle was on time and quick to the airport--about 10 minutes with all the pickups. All in all, a good value.

Room Tip: Request an upper floor. Beware the "blackout curtains" don't fully block the light.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Hotel-Rantasipi-Airp, Hotel Manager at Scandic Helsinki Aviacongress, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Guest,Thank you for your good review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologise for our staff behavior and our restaurant prices. Welcome again!Best regardsTaina Jukola, Hotel Manager

Reviewed May 18, 2014

This hotel was my favorit hotel 10-15 years ago and now i wanted to test it again.It was small disapointment because other reviews ranked it higher....
I thought that its now renewed but no ...i think exact same old and used furnitures like 15 years ago...bed itself was ok exept some dirt spot on sheets.Breakfast also same like years ago...just standard Finnish style.I think 3 stars is enough !!

Room Tip: Ask renew rooms.....if they have
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Hotel-Rantasipi-Airp, Manager at Scandic Helsinki Aviacongress, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you that you took the time to leave us feedback. We are sorry that you were a little dissaponted to the outlook of our hotel, and the cleaness of the room. We are trying to aprove our rooms and cleaning, thank you for your important feedback.

Welcome again to Rantasipi Airport hotel. Have a nice summer.
Best regards,Taina Jukola, Hotelmanager