“Functional but old”

Airport Hotel Pilotti
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Vantaa
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stayed here for an overnight visit to Helsinki.

Used the free airport shuttle which was ok. The check in was quick , although due to a late evening arrival there was no food options except the use of the mini bar which was very expensive. Also, simple things like soft drinks were highly priced at euro 3.5 per drink.

Knowing that the hotel is away from basics, I would have expected the hotel to be more accommodative towards visitors.

The rooms are ok. I would not call them very small. They also have a single seater comfy chair to relax. The bathroom yes was very small but clean and functional. The bed was comfortable. The shower area is way too tiny. The flow of hot water was ok, even with minus 15 outside. The free wifi worked perfectly.

The breakfast buffet was adequate and had an acceptable choice.

The reception was very responsive in calling me a cab and also the wake up call.

It's not luxurious but quite functional. Can't really find fault except the tiny but clean bathroom.

I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MumbaiIndiTraveller

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Very efficient wellcome at the reception. Near the airport - only 4 km but very quiet at night. The rooms were clean, small bathroom but that is ok if you only stay for the night. The breakfast was healthy with a lot of choice. I can recommend it if you have a late arrival at the airport and you want ASAP to go to bed.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Dirk R
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We spent two times one night in this hotel. The free shuttle bus operates every half hour, but in the morning unfortunately only until 09:00 am! Staff was friendly and helpful and the included breakfast buffet is ok. First time we stayed there, the room we had was shabby, small and needs a renovation. The second time we had a room in the newer part of the building and the room was fine. WiFi was available in all of the rooms and free of charge.

If you only stay for a night and don't have cheaper offers from other places, it's ok.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2014

When you are to spend a night in Helsinki to change the flight the BW Airport Hotel Pilotti is the best way for me. The room was large. The bed is comfortable and clean. The shower was small, but do you need a huge bath room for a night? Very close to the airport. It is very important for early flights. The breakfast you can have starting from 4.30. No problem. Very tasty food in the restaraunt, good home service. The reception officials are very professional, they try to answer any question. If necessary they phone to the airport to clear the problem. As for me, the next time I have transit through Helsinki I'll stay at the hotel. Really Best Western quality.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank IraRussia
Petteri T, Front Office Manager at Airport Hotel Pilotti, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear "IraRussia",

greetings from Finland and thank you for sharing you kind comments regarding your latest visit to our hotel here at Tripadvisor.

I am very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us! I'll also forward your special greetings to my front desk colleague who helped you with the matter concerning airport services; we're happy we were able to assist you.

We'll be looking forward to see you soon again here in BEST WESTERN Airport Hotel Pilotti!

Best regards,

Petteri Turunen
Front Office Manager
BEST WESTERN Airport Hotel Pilotti

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Rooms are very small , overall bad but good service by staff, clean room, good thing is free airport shuttle, near to airport, if ur alone then its ok to try if not try to adjust, i didn't like my stay. House keeping guy was so helpful, and early morning front office guy very good service

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank chiis
Petteri T, Front Office Manager at Airport Hotel Pilotti, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Dear "chiis",

many thanks for sharing your comments with regards to your latest stay in our hotel.

I wish to apologize for the fact that you had not been satisfied with your visit. Our standard rooms are roughly 18 square meters in size and I'm sorry this has not been satisfactory for you. We do have larger Family rooms and Junior suites available as well which I recommend you to reserve should you stay with us again, which I naturally hope is the case. However, I'm delighted to hear that our personnel has served you well; excellent customer service is our priority number one and I'm happy that we have succeeded in this while you were staying with us.

Despite the disappointment regarding the room size during your latest stay I hope we may be given a new chance and welcome you again to BEST WESTERN Airport Hotel Pilotti.

Kind regards,

Petteri Turunen
Front Office Manager
BEST WESTERN Airport Hotel Pilotti

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel as a stopover to get an early flight the next day. So luckily it was only one night. There where some positive things, like the bed which is very comfy (but way too small for 2 persons). And there is a free airport shuttle (as most other nearby hotels offer).

The overall appearance of the hotel is really outdated. This starts already at checkin, where you have to have to squeeze yourself and your luggage past a huge ice cream freezer (moneymaker with 0 deg outside) which blocks access to the reception!

Then the room, it is very small and the bathroom is even smaller. Unless you like to shower while going to the toilet, the bathroom is nowhere near today's standards. Further it is extremely noisy, you can hear everything around you. Also, the window is surrounded by metal so when it rains, raindrops slam into this metal producing a very annoying sound (which is the reason I'm writing this review in the middle of this rainy night)

So I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. For this kind of money you can definitely get a better hotel near Helsinki airport.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Boot04
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Our room was a very small twin room and our bath room was really tiny. Most inconvenient though was really cramped parking facilities; this hotel advertises, that you get 1-2 weeks free parking, and it is a good advantage neat airport, but parking spaces are really cramped, and if it is full you have to park 1 km away.
Breakfast was okay, not really a Best Western quality, but it was okay.
Free shuttle bus to airport and back goes every 30 minutes in the morning and in the evening. We arrived at 3 pm to the airport, and there was no free shuttle to pick up our car from parking, so this really was no cheap option for us considering room price, taxi etc compared to airport parking.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple