Looking like a fairy-tale castle, this one was originally built as hotel early XXth century. The interiors are charmingly old: painted walls, wide staircases, and all the rooms have got windows of various shapes, overlooking the forest and the river.
The rooms facilities are mostly basic (I would like to have a bigger wardrobe although it is not that crucial if you come for a weekend)
Breakfast is terrific, very "Scandinavian" :) I would also recommend local restaurant
SPA zone is not big but cozy, and you can reach it from the castle as well through the underground corridor.
Shops area starts just from the hotel entrance so you can choose from the options of shopping or walking by the river bench (there are some trais available even in winter).
Overall quite a nice place for a weekend relax :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern, restored Congress Hotel, dating from 1903, connected by tunnel to art nouveau-style Castle Hotel of the same name. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cumulus Resort Imatran Valtionhotelli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rantasipi Valtionhotelli Imatra
- Rantasipi Valtionhotelli Hotel Imatra