“Should be number 1!”

Tortilla Flats
Ranked #11 of 126 Restaurants in Vejle
Cuisines: Mexican, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tortilla Flats is proud to have been serving locals and visitors of Vejle since 1987 with our Mexican cuisine and steaks. We attract a mixed crowd of people to our restaurant and everybody is welcome! We have become a multi-cultural workplace and currently employ more than 14 different nationalities. Most of out staff have no experience in the restaurant industry prior to joining our team. We hire for attitude and train for skill. Weekdays are happening, but more quiet than the weekends that can get very loud and wild as our famous cocktails start flowing! We look forward to welcoming you! Tortilla Flats Loves You!
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I cannot praise this place enough. Every time I visit Vejle I make a point of eating here: it has never failed to disappoint! Even though very busy mid week (word must have gotten around) they were able to make me feel welcome as a lone traveller on business. Love the guest wireless access and the chocolate pyramids that come with the coffee :)

TortillaFlats, Manager at Tortilla Flats, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Bunji,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am both happy and proud that my co-workers day after day continue to excite our guests.
You're right - wifi is free and fast and the chocolate pyramids are homemade like everything else.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Vejle!

Best regards,

Patrick & The Staff, Tortilla Flats - Vejle

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Ate hear while staying at the Australia hotel down the road for a night.

I was alone but the friendly staff found me a nice table, spoke perfect English (as all Danes do to my shame).

The place was pretty full on a Wednesday night with a nice buzzy atmosphere.

Would strongly recommend.

TortillaFlats, Manager at Tortilla Flats, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Hello AnimalThatSwims!

Thank you very much for your visit - we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your evening in our surroundings and that our people treated you well!

You're right - we do get quite busy - even on weekdays, so a reservation in advance is always appreciated!

Happy New Years from Patrick Spanfelner & The ever-smiling Staff at Tortilla Flats

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We ate at tortilla Flats as one person from Vejle recommended it. We were 4 friends, very happy with the atmosphere and the service but disappointed with the food. I had enchilada con cheso which was really small (one roll and some beans), a lot of cheese on the top of it instead of inside the roll. I believe It is written that it comes with guacamole but there were just slices of avocado...My friend had the same and was also disappointed.
My friends ordered margarita strawberry and it was like icecream instead of a drink.
The very positive and unusual touch was the free dip and bottle of fresh tap water on all tables.
The service was really good, all the staff is very friendly.
What I would recommend is to improve the quality of the food and place would be perfect!

TortillaFlats, Manager at Tortilla Flats, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Hi Sveew,

Thank you very much for your visit and your time taken to write this review.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit, the service and snacks despite a few misunderstandings:

Our vegetarian Enchilada de Queso (queso means cheese in Spanish - that's why the dish included a lot of cheese) does not include guacamole as you may have recalled from the menu (see menu at tortillaflats.dk) - we roll them with fresh slices of avocado on the inside. That being said you are always welcome to ask your waiter for some extra guacamole, and we will be happy to serve you. Next time if you are very hungry, ordering a Combination (with two enchiladas) should fill you up. In fact, we have a policy that no-one is allowed to leave our restaurant hungry, in which case we always supplement, if needed - just ask!

Our strawberry margaritas has a very filling, slushy consistency - the main reason being that we use real frozen strawberries, unlike most places that use a sirup and therefore achieve a more fluid texture. Our guests have always loved them - the thickness also allows us to put 30-40% more in the glass, making a cocktail-peak on top! But, that being said, a regular margarita might have fitted your taste better.

Once again thank you for coming, we hope to be able to advise you better, should you ever stop by in the future!

Enjoy the rest of your stay in Denmark!

Cheers,

Patrick Spanfelner & The Smiling Staff at Tortilla Flats, Vejle

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant where the waiters were so attentive, friendly and welcoming! As was the gentleman I believe was the owner - he sounded a bit like Paul McCartney when he spoke! The table was laid out meticulously, with nachos & dip for free, and you don't even have to ask for tap water. The restaurant was cosy, busy (I can see why it's number 1 on Trip Advisor!) It's a good place to go if your vegetarian like me, as they do have a page with just vegetarian options on it - which is great. The portions were generous, and delicious. I had the crispy tortilla (I think!) with Pinto beans, guacamole, cheese, salsa, sour cream, lots of different salads - it was yummy. My boyfriend had the Chimichangas, which he would have eaten all over again if he wasn't so full. I'd definitely visit this place again and again.

TortillaFlats, Manager at Tortilla Flats, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

After a review like this, you sure live up to your name: You are our new friend Sam!

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much for your visit and the time taken to write this review. This kind of review is like poetry to our soul and I have made sure the entire staff saw this.

Everything is made from scratch everyday, including the salsa and the tortilla chips, which we fry in olive oil and serve as a welcome snack to all tables.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your evening and sincerely hope that you should happen to cross ways with Vejle again one day.

BTW - to the other vegetarians out there - the dish she is mentioning is called a Tostada de Frijoles!

Best regards,

Patrick Spanfelner & the Staff at Tortilla Flats, Vejle

Reviewed September 20, 2012

The restaurant has a delightfull ambience and was pretty busy on a wednesday evening. Even multiple shifts of people on a single night, so this must be one of the best places in the area. Good food and excellent Beer, Negro Modelo, It's from the Corona Brewery.

Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for your visit and this review as well!
You are correct - we are very busy and it is alway a good idea to make a reservation in advance!
Ahhhh.. the amazing Negra Modelo! - It compliments our food very well. We are the biggest ontrade seller of this beer in Denmark and we're happy you enjoyed it!

We hope to see you in the future!

Salud,