“Decent hotel”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Vejle
Bellshill, United Kingdom
“Decent hotel”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

The hotel isn't the most modern hotel but it was clean, tidy and the continental breakfast was very nice.

The young girl who works in the breakfast room in the morning spoke better English than me and I am from the UK! haha. She was very helpful with telling us what buses to get to the airport etc.

Would stay again if i was in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank rangersgary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed January 28, 2011

This sprawling rather dated hotel is a fair walk from Vejle city, and whilst the rooms are large, furnishings are basic and tired- although the plumbing is powerful and efficient. Breakfast was poor - rock-solid cold scrambled egg, stale bread, stewed coffee. In an t to get something a bit more appetising I asked for toast. This first mThis sprawling rather dated hotel is a fair walk from Vejle city, and whilst the rooms are large, furnishings are basic and tired- although the plumbing is powerful and efficient. Breakfast was poor - rock-solid cold scrambled egg, stale bread, stewed coffee. In an attempt to get something a bit more appetising I asked for toast. This succeeded on the first morning, but on the second was met with a firm refusal, which became very truculent when I pointed out that only the previous day it had been possible. Not recommended.

• Stayed January 2011

Travelers are raving about these Vejle hotels

Mount Gambier, Australia
Reviewed August 26, 2009

Room OK but basic, staff friendly and helpful but I never saw any hotel in the world that ran out of jam and tinned fruit at breakfast and would not refill them for the guests. You get there after other guests have eaten and you miss out.
I wrote an official complaint 48 hours ago by email but no response.
I was in this hotel as part of a legoland package and it was horrifically expensive. Denmark has VAT at 25% and the whole country is bad value for money. I think their economy is based upon revenue gained from car park charges!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Bomoh
Mumbai
Reviewed June 22, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past and dont find a good enough reason to avoid staying here. The name has changed to Vejle Center Hotel but the staff seem to be as friendly and helpful as ever. Ms. Mette Bonde at the reception is an absolute delight. She recalls me as a guest every time I visit and is very accomodative and helpful.

The rooms are just about average. However, the hotel has free breakfast (including organic options), free wi fi internet, free tea / coffee in the lobby as well as in the rooms.

The smallest requests to print emails / receive faxes etc is done with the compliments of the hotel and without any fuss whatsoever.

Being a convention hotel, it seems pretty occupied all the time so you can request for a quiet room so that you actually have some peace. I was there when the Danish Handball Team was also staying there so there was extra security (which of course made me feel safer).

The only downside was that my room was not cleaned properly during my stay, or else it would have been perfect.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Bialystok
Reviewed September 18, 2008

I stayed one night in this hotel. I booked a room with their website. I noticed special offer for weekends - room with dinner and that they have free swimming pool and fitness. So I booked room for 3 adults - my wife, daughter and myself. We arrived to the hotel some minutes before 6PM. I asked for swimming pool. Receptionist said that is in other building nearby and they close on 6. I asked about next day morning she said thet start at 10AM. No info about it on their website. So next we enter the room. First of all room was very smelly of chlorine and there was no third bed made and no 3rd set of towells. We went to the reception and inform about it. Receptionist said that they will make bed or change the room if there are other. So we went to the restourant. There again surpise. I said to waiter that we have special offer dinner. So she said that dinner for us is already chosen but only for two persons. Why I was not informed about it? The service in the restourant was very slow and guests with special offer were treated as second class guests. After dinner we come back to the room and nothing was made. I came back to the reception and the lady said that cleaning staff already gone and she have bed linnen for us and we can do it by ourselves. 4 star hotel. It was late we were tired so we did it by ourselves.

This hotel it shouldn't be definitely 4star. Service on the reception very bad. I was there 4 times and lady always started speak to me danish, not helpful and not informed. Even swimming pool working hours she had to check someware. Room terribly smelling with chlorine. Bathroom clean in general but shower with calc and rust. Hairdryer never cleaned covered with something white dust. Minibar not working. Additional bed was a kind of sofa.

Old, needed refurbishment and change of staff hotel. Service is like in communist countries in 80's

• Liked — brekfast
  • Disliked — room, staff
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
Stavanger
Reviewed August 16, 2007

Needed a base to visit Legoland, and waited too long to book a hotel in Billund. I thought Vejle would be nice, and the Park Inn advertised a swimming pool next to the hotel. With a great deal of optimism, I truly hoped for a positive experience but from arrival we had problems. I had to visit the front desk twice to get towels, linens for the spare bed for my child, and a television remote. Though we booked a package with Legoland travel where the tickets should be provided by the hotel, I only noticed just before departing that I had to pick this up from the hotel - this oversight would have cost an extra hour in travel back and forth. Another oversight was the odd hours for access to the adjacent swimming pool in August. We did visit on Monday for a half hour or so before everyone was sent out of the pool (closing time 8 pm which seems very early). Wednesday we picked up passes from the hotel desk and went to the pool only to be told they were closed for summer holidays (so beware that you probably will miss the chance to use the pool in the summer except during the day). This information also surprised the staff at the hotel desk, so don't rely on them for useful information. For "bad luck" we had a room on the side of the hotel just above the kitchen back door. Since there is no air conditioning or apparent ventilation, we opened the window rather than swelter.....the result was an enjoyment of the staff's cigarette smoke and conversation. Early morning deliveries and garbage tossing was no fun either. We slept, but not well, and were always woken up at 6 am. As for the room it was basic Ikea-ware ie functional but not cosy, however the bathroom was really sub-standard. The shower was completely missing grout and had severe mildew accumulation. The toilet was badly stained and smelled - attached is a picture together with the banner the cleaning staff proudly placed on the toilet to declare it sanitized. You can be the judge. Speaking of the cleaning staff, the effort on the room seemed minimal. On the positive side, the breakfast was very nice and the the dining area was also very attractive. The staff were friendly and helpful with my requests for things, but I would not normally expect to have to ask for linens and towels or tv remotes, or to be given a pass for something that was closed. I can only hope that our experience was exceptionally bad. We survived and had a great time at Legoland, but I think next time we will stay at Propellen in Billund.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — the room
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank tinman3
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 16, 2007

Arriving by car and after checking out the downtown hotel scene, the sight of the Park Inn, located on a quiet green belt and next to the Vejle Exhibition Center, prompted a " this is it" reaction. Check-in was smoothly managed by friendly staff, as might be expected from a hotel catering to business travelers and airline flight crews form SAS and other carriers. Ample parking was available in front of the hotel. Our room was comfortably furnished with ample seating area, a couch/over stuffed chair group, fridge, a desk, comfortable beds, and a nice bathroom. Wifi INTERNET access is free in each room. Although there is no A/C, sleeping with an open window is possible, since the hotel lies in a very quiet area, yet within easy walking distance of the center of town. The nice restaurant offered only a buffet dinner on the day of our visit, and being rather hot without A/C, we passed and went to a waterfront restaurant with patio dining in the harbor. The buffet style breakfast left nothing to desire. All in all, the Park Inn is a hotel were a weary traveler will find a quiet night of sleep in comfort. We would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank silvergate