Radisson Blu Papirfabrikken Hotel, Silkeborg
Hotel Dania(Silkeborg)
Paarup Kro(Engesvang)
Kongensbro Kro(Silkeborg)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe rivernice locationrooms are niceshort walkparking placecar parkwould definitely stay here againjunior suitefavorite hotelsmoked salmona business class roomsingle roomnice breakfastfree of chargehotel is modernfirst floorbusiness hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Visited this hotel on a brief business trip unfortunetly spent very little time at the hotel, one night only. I had difficulty finding the hotel so called for directions but no one answered which was a pain and when arrived I had to wait at reception for 10 minutes for someone to arrive, I was in a rush anyway as I was being picked up soon so literally had very little time to spare, I went into the resteraunt to ask where the receptionist was to be told she was probably upstairs with a customer, this made me feel that the hotel was quite small and didn't have many staff, not what you expect for a Raddison, I checked in eventually and took the lift to the room which was nice with tea and coffee and a mini bar hidden in the wardrobe apparently, I didn't get to use these facilities as I never opened the wardrobe .The shower was a walk in type and water goes straight onto tiles so you need to be a little careful. Location looked good with lots of restaurants close by, when I checked my bill I discovered that I had been charged 31 krona which I had no idea about when I got home I translated the word to "Enviromental fee" which was automatically put on my bill with no explanation, as I only stayed one night I don't know if this a nightly fee or a one off , then I was charged 36 krona for using my credit card without explanation.
These are only small charges but I am unsure whether the credit card charge is a percentage of the bill or a standing charge either way be warned, I noticed 2 trip adviser awards on the wall obviously not for clarity of bill, otherwise hotel was modern and clean with free wifi

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
rosenbaek, Salgsdirektør at Radisson Blu Papirfabrikken Hotel, Silkeborg, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Guest

We thank you for you time regarding this review of your experience with us.

We appreciate all types of feedback because this can only increase our quality and service level.

We appologise for the waiting time you have experienced at our frontdesk at your check in. During the "slow hours" in the evening we have 1 person at the frontdesk. And sometime they have to help a guest with something which can contribute to your experience. But this situation rarely happens.

Regarding the enviromental fee we inform the guest about this when they book the room and it is also mentioned in the confirmation that we sent.

Regarding the creditcard fee for some of the foreign creditcards it is informed about the percentage at a sign at the frontdesk.

Again we thank you so we have above in attention.
We hope to welcome you again.

Best regards
Jan Frandsen Rosenbæk
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Arrived at 24.00
Got a business class room, was more then asked for :)
BIG room, with super soft bed very nice big bathroom.
minibar, coffee, safe available.

Room service !!!

Price was 1460 Danish kroner (€200,-) per night

Parking is very bad, although you get a ticket for free parking, it is terrible to find a place, parking place is shared with shopping center and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

The Hotel is as most/all radissonblu hotels of a very high standard. The city itsself is not for urban travellers but more for people adoring the nice easy smalltown scenario. Hotel is located next to the river w a lot if nice places to eat and/or drink. Also boat trips from point at river in walking distance from Hotel. Unsure how to evaluate value for money since always been here on business but I was quite amased first time I came here a sunny day in may how nice the envoroment here were!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed here for one night. Got upgraded to the Tower Suite. Be aware there is noise from the elevator shaft next to this room. Very clean and modern. Very comfortable beds. Superb breakfast with great range of high quality options and range of teas and coffees to choose from. Friendly staff and very convenient to some good restaurants and the centre of Silkeborg.

Room Tip: Be careful you're not next to the elevator shaft (tower suite) as its noisy
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in mid June on holiday, the welcome was not great as the receptionist was unhelpful regarding the parking arrangements although this was the only time we had any concerns with the staff.
Parking is an issue as they have limited spots and you end up having to park away from the hotel in public car park if you can not find one of the hotel spots.
Everything else about the hotel was excellent
When we left we had very start before breakfast and they arranged a breakfast to go with minimal fuss
Generally this is a good hotel

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple