“Very good hotel in Scandinavian style”

Radisson Blu Papirfabrikken Hotel, Silkeborg
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Silkeborg
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My wife and I have stayed in this hotel a few times, last in July 2012. The hotel has all the things you'd expect from a Radission hotel. Nice, bright, funtional rooms and large bathrooms. Excellent breakfast. The hotel is in walking distance to the Silkeborg city centre. The hotel is in typical modern Scandinavian design, so if you don't like this you probably should stay somewhere else. The restaurant serves nices meals in the evening.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank tveste

Reviewed March 7, 2012

This hotel is part of the old paper factory in Silkeborg - now converted into a very interesting area with cinemas,concert hall, restaurants and the Radisson Blu.
Its is nicely situated next to the Gudenåen "river" and within walking distance to the town center and the quay with the famous excursion river boats.
The style is the well known minimalisme that you find everywhere on the World. Staff is friendly but especially the reception is undermanned meaning long waiting time when bussy.
During weekends the hotel seems very popular among holiday seekers, while business people take over during weekdays.
Breakfast is normaly included in the room rate, and the buffet is nice with a large selection.
Rooms are different in size but over all ok without being luxery. We stayed in af junior suite which all necessary facilities, ample of space and a nice wiev to the river. Only negativ thing was the soap dispensers in the bathroom, which to my opinion do not belong to a first class hotel but should be exiled to a public toilet!

Room Tip: Chose room to the river
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KurtEsbjerg
Reviewed February 19, 2012

This hotel is placed close to the city, resturants, cimema and next to the sea. I have visited this hotel twice.... Together with my husband and in a worklrelated matter. I can only recommend this hotel and the gourmet resturant located in the hotel: Michael D. The staff is helpfull and they will make sure that you have everything you need.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 206, business class room without view to the sea.... If we go again, i would pay f...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Okonom
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I stayed here for three nights while travelling on business in Jan 2012. The hotel seems to be quite new and the rooms are very modern. I had a single room which was compact but very well equiped. The free wired internet was very good. My only criticism of the hotel is that I did find the single bed to be rather small and if you like a big bed then book a room with a queen bed...so that was my mistake. The hotel is centrally located, overlooking the river...my GPS tool me straight there. I had no problems with noise. There are a number of restaurants adjacent to the hotel and it is just a short walk from the very attactive town centre where there are lots of shops and more restaurants.I did not eat dinner in the hotel but breakfast was very good. The hotel has a small (free) car park directly in front. If that is full there is plenty of public parking near the hotel which is free from 5pm to 8am. As is the case everywhere in Denmark, everyone speaks great English.

Room Tip: Boom a room with a queen bed if you like a big bed - single beds were small.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank timt1961
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Travelling on business meant I arrived late (9.00pm). Checked in and was given a lovely spacious, well appointed bedroom. First impressions were good. Got changed and went down to the restaurant only to discover it was fully closed... Reception informed me that I was too late (I know it is customary in Denmark to eat early and many restaurants to close the kitchen between 8 and 9pm), but common this is a 4* hotel of an international brand. Not to worry, I'll have room service.... Oh no I won't.... No chef, no kitchen, no hot food at all.... But I could have a sandwich :-( and after travelling for 6 hours I was after s'thing more substantial.
There are three cafes next door, all too had stopped serving food (after all they are local businesses serving local people so I expected this), yet Cafe Kik took pity on me and fired up their grill and gave me a burger. Ideally I would have liked more but I was not going to bite the hand that feeds me, so ate it with relish. It turned out to be very good quality and extremely tasty. These guys were very good and hospitable - eat at Cafe Kik and not the hotel...
Back at the hotel I was disappointed to find only wired Internet in the room which was no good for my tablet.... And the shower had no shelf on which to put your shampoo etc.
All in all I would not stay here again out of choice... Maybe for convenience of location only. For an international 4* hotel group, this was absolutely disappointing.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Very nice stylish and modern hotel. Definitely in the high end of the Radisson Blu chain of hotels in Europe. Great breakfast and very nice location right next to the lake and within walking distance of the pedestrian streets of Silkeborg.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CurlyRiga
Reviewed September 4, 2011

large rooms, great breakfast, very nice surroundings. OK parking in public area with pay machine on weekdays.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silkeborg
1 mi away
Hotel Dania
#9 of 10 in Silkeborg
Best Western Palads Hotel
Montra Hotel Sabro Kro

Been to Radisson Blu Papirfabrikken Hotel, Silkeborg? Share your experiences!