Scandic Silkeborg
$110
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnice hotelbusiness tripfitness roomfree wifinice atmospherenice walkindoor poolsuper breakfastlakesswimmingpooldenmarknaturebillundlegolandforest
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I simply could not believe my eyes when I got to my room / bathroom ! Mold everywhere. It was so scary I thought "mold mushrooms" will fall on my head ! Thank God I stayed there for only one night. I gave evaluation card to the receptionist but I am not sure what she did with that .....
I expected more from that hotel and because of that cleanless issue I will avoid Scandic from then on.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 313 - extremly unclean bathroom
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Amy M
Birthe J, Direktør at Scandic Silkeborg, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear guest
I would like to say thank you for your feedback from your stay at Scandic Silkeborg.
I regret that we did not deliver the quality that
a hotel should be and it is not satisfactory that we do not take our guest comments seriously.
We have followed up routine on cleaning and also about the communication must be present when our guests turn to our reception.
I'm really sorry to read that you will not choose Scandic going forward, and would really like to have the opportunity to show that we can offer good quality and the possibility of a new stay at Scandic Silkeborg, I often like to deposition - please contact me for a new accommodation at Scandic Silkeborg - you are welcome to send my an email - thanks a lot.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed on business due to the location of the next days meetings. Hotel was really well put together and the gym and pool are a great thing at the end/beginning of a busy day. Free wifi and the staff are really helpful. The food in the restaurant and breakfast are both very good. Really quite as there is not a huge amount in the local area, so don't book if you are looking for a wild party town.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jonathan W
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Normal Scandic experience. Clean nice size rooms. Restaurant on site with general Scandic menu. Also a small bar. Breakfast had good choise of warm and cold dishes. Location is very beautiful, although slightly off from the central. However for that reason, hotel is pretty quiet so you'll get a good sleep. I would recommend this place if you need a place to eat, sleep and get ready for next day as you dont have to leave the premises after you arrive.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank drg313
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed one night in the hotel on a business trip. The room was nice and clean and they had just replaced the tv with a new model which could be connected to a computer using hdmi.
The breakfast buffet was fine would have liked the option of a fried egg but no people around to ask.
Lunch had a lot of options but could use some spices.
The surrounding nature/lakes are very nice but with no view from the hotel room.
Parking is available free of charge.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Having worked for a company in a city close by, I have stayed at the Scandic Silkeborg quite a number of times.

In general it is very family friendly, there is a swimmingpool, a playing area, also a pool table and fussball table. Most days the customers where like me travelling business men or police men so it is very secure. The police use the hotel, when the police officers recieve driving training on a nearby racing track.

The hotel is a bit away from Silkeborg city, so you would need a taxi or car if you want to visit the city. It is placed in very green surroundings, surrounded by forrest on one side, and one of the lakes on the other. The rooms are usual Scandic standard with Ikea style interior, some rooms are a bit worn.

There is free wifi, free parking and free breakfast. The staff is in general very friendly. Be aware that Scandic recetly removed the minibars from all rooms, and that cleaning is only every second day. Both for officially for environmental reasons, in reality for economic reasons. If you want cleaning every day you can get it, just tell it at check in in the reception.

As for all Scandic hotels, the same rule apply here. If you are not member of the frequent guest programme, remember to join it when you arrive. This will give you a voucher with a value of 7-8 euro, and will buy you a beer or some sodas.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business