“Rude staff”
Review of Selma Spa

Selma Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sunne
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night. We also had our dog with us. The checkin time was 15:00 but we where there 1 hour to early, I have never been talked to in such a rude and unproffessional way. We had palnned to stay 2 nights but cancelled. The room was ok, I bit oldfashion but clean.
The SPA facilities were very good, but pricey
The summer buffé was ok but not worth the money.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SCAndersson

Reviewed August 6, 2011

I and my daughter stayed here two nights and we are very satisfied with our visit. Despite from other hotels who called themselves spa this is a Spa! I will specially point out the nice and helpful staff in the spa-reception and Frida, trainer. The trainingprogram contains a various program as well as the treatmentprogram.
We had a budgetroom, it was clean but the view wasn´t the best. You have to lean out from the window if you would see the sea Fryken!
The breakfast was good and assorted. The staff in the restaurant were all nice. We had dinner at the restaurant once, it was grillbuffé, tasted good but it was enough once - not so affordable. The aircondition in the room was a bit noisy. Take earplugs with you. No traffic noise at all.

Room Tip: If you take a budgetroom choose a room as far south as possible (nearest the reception), they must h...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Paeonia76
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Good service with friendly people, english is a bit of problem for some of them and generally few things are translated from Swedish.
The choice of food isn't very extensive, no real choice for snacks, a bit expensive in the lounge and very expensive restaurant. Breakfast is only served til 10 a.m, no tea or coffee in the room.
Good spa facilities.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Funny how a hotel with a funny shaped pool can be called a spa! The hotel is nice and the staff friendly and helpful. The price premium above other local hotels I guess comes in the form of the leisure facilities, pool, jacuzzis, gym etc and in the well appointed public areas.

The rooms are pleasant, a little "boutiquey", and I missed some simple things likein room coffee facilities. The restaurant menu was a little limited in my view and rather heavy on sea food to boot.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2010

... then Selma Spa is probably your best choice. I have been to several other spas in Sweden before, but Selma is definitely the best for workouts. Good instructors, a variety of classes, a well-quipped gym, lovely trails close to the hotel, etc.
I also like the relaxed atmosphere, where it is OK to walk around in workout-clothes and have a glass or two of wine in the bar. Selma is not - like some other spas - obsessively healthy.
However, there are some downsides:
- there is no hair conditioner in the bathrooms (in a spa, where you spend a lot of time in water - unbelievable!)
- vegetarian choices are few and surprisingly bad for a spa
- it is not very handicap-friendly, for example there is no shuttle to the train station and no taxis in Sunne on Sundays!
Still, being a non-vegetarian and not handicapped myself, I will definitely go back (with my own bottle of hair conditioner) as soon as possible. And I can barely wait!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Resmama
Reviewed August 28, 2009

hotel situated in a small town but lovely area we stayed for two nights while travelling around sweden..got a great rate as its more expensive in winter.the food was excellent and staff were very good.very much enjoyed our stay and would definitely return.lovely hotel to relax

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank saz071
Reviewed October 27, 2008

I spent one weekend at Selma Spa in Sunne with my boyfriend and my parents. We had an absolutely awesome experience! I would recommend this spa to everyone.

Yes, it's bit a expensive but you recieve so much in return (and by the way most sparesorts are pricey).

We all had one treatment each. I'm pregnant and Selma Spa offers a special treatment for pregant women (which I gladly recommend, it was very nice) and the others had classical massage.

Apart from the treatments (which they offer a wide selection of) there's also a nice poolarea with jacuzzis (both indoors and outdoors, you may swim from the indoor pool through a floodgate to the ones outside) and saunas (both classical finnish ones and turkish steam saunas.

Close to the retreat lies nice walking paths and it's only a short walk to the closeby town of Sunne.

The hotel lies on top of a small hill and from the restaurant there's a nice view over lake Fryken. Food in the restaurant was a bit tasteless and there were only a few dishes to choose from in the dinner menu. But that's the only drawback I can think of. Breakfast was great (as in all Choice Hotels they offer ecological choices for a wide range of things).

Rooms were clean, spacious and nicely decorated. All rooms offer a nice view over the nearby lake. This is a nice touch as the other side of the hotel faces the parkinglot and beyond that the forrest.

Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Upon checkout we noticed that there was a bottle of really expensive champagne put on one of our room tabs. We never had any champagne so clearly it was wrong. The receptionist quickly sorted out the problem and appologized for any inconvenience.

All in all I'd strongly recommend this retreat to everyone interested in a nice, relaxed spa vacation. You should come here for that reason beacause other than the spa there is not much else in Sunne.
If you come during summer there's a waterpark with slides and such for kids and also this is the birthplace of famous swedish writer Selma Lagerlöf (and her home is now a museum).

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank LillaNilla
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunne
Scandic Arvika
Varmland Hotel
Varmland Hotel
#1 of 1 in Uddeholm
Sunne Camping och Sommarland

Been to Selma Spa? Share your experiences!