This hotel was chosen as a stop-over whilst driving en route from Calais to Brittany, as well as serving as a base for visiting the Caen Peace Memorial/Caen City centre. Major criteria at the time of booking were to have a quiet peaceful location as well as having adequate car parking facilities (not often possible with a city centre hotel). We were pleasantly surprised and delighted by our choice, with both of these requirements readily being fulfilled – the latter providing spaces for approximately 100 vehicles. The Caen Peace Museum was easily reached by car (10-15 mins). We were aware that the hotel catered for both coach parties as well as conferences, but during our two-day stay neither of these activities detracted from the excellent service and attention given to normal paying guests.
The hotel was easy to find, being only a few minutes off junction 5 of the Caen North périphérique with the impressive CHU University hospital building serving as an easy landmark when approaching from the ring road. On arrival we were greeted by very helpful and friendly reception staff (Victoria) who assisted with our local travel issues as well as our specific dietary requirements. The Twisto tram service (the stop into the City was located just a few minutes away on Boulevard Henri Becquerel), provided both a convenient and frequent service into Caen city centre (€1.20 single for a 15 min journey) up till nearly midnight. The hotel provides an extensive buffet breakfast (€14 per person, but well worth the money) together with a traditional French/International cuisine in the evening. Room service is also available. There is also a Carrefour hypermarket with its associated shopping complex only 5 minutes drive away, for any of those forgotten holiday essentials.
The hotel does not have a room safe or mini bar, but these minor omissions are overshadowed by all the other positive features. A highly recommended hotel. Reservation was made through Booking.com which was a trouble free and very efficient service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With great road transport links, and close to the tram station, this 4-star hotel offers spacious, air-conditioned rooms. Ideally situated within easy reach of the D-Day beaches, a stay here is a great opportunity to explore the pearls of the Côte de Nacre. This is a perfect haven of peace and relaxation for business travellers and families alike. It is also a great venue for events and business seminars as well as for leisure activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Caen Cote de Nacre Herouville Saint Clair Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Caen Cote De Nacre Hotel Herouville Saint Clair
- Mercure Herouville Saint Clair