It's located in an industrial park area west of Caen center with plenty of parking and easy road access to exit 5 on the Peripherique (autoroute). The decor is a bit tired and dated (bright orange accents in the room) but the room itself was just fine. It's average in size but does have air conditioning, a flatscreen TV, and a modern bathroom. The desk staff was excellent, spoke perfect English, and were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was generally good although the eggs were not always hot. We selected this location to use it as a base for the Normandy area and it worked out very well so we were able to get to the various sights in 60 minutes (the beaches) to 90 minutes (Mont St. Michel). As with all European hotels, book the room with breakfast included. Really only one restaurant is within walking distance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With great road transport links, and close to the tram station, this 4-star hotel offers spacious, air-conditioned rooms. Ideally situated within easy reach of the D-Day beaches, a stay here is a great opportunity to explore the pearls of the Côte de Nacre. This is a perfect haven of peace and relaxation for business travellers and families alike. It is also a great venue for events and business seminars as well as for leisure activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Caen Cote de Nacre Herouville Saint Clair Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Caen Cote De Nacre Hotel Herouville Saint Clair
- Mercure Herouville Saint Clair