All reviews inter hotel evening meal night stop one night lake investment sachets reception parking hallway euros stopover balcony waitress spain facilities
Selected filters
Reviewed November 1, 2018

Small hotel next to the lake with secure parking opposite. Rooms a bit old fashion and basic but ok for one night. Bar prices very high but the hotel next door within walking distance is much cheaper.
The evening meal was very nice and plenty of it. Staff very welcoming.
Breakfast was rather basic but you are in France!
Would stay again if passing through

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2018

Good sized room, shower was OK but that's about it really, nothing much to say about it, OK for a stopover. Breakfast was a bit basic but the evening meal was better than some we had.
No draught beer but found some in the hotel next door.
All a bit too basic.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2018

Inter-Hotel du Lac, Labarre,
Is nearer Labarre than Foix, not far
From the "lake" off the D919.
Finding it took a little time,
Turn at "Foix Plage" you'Il be fine.
This is an excellent hotel
With a very good restaurant as well.
The room was comfortable and spacious,
Good English spoken, staff gracious,
Parking outside without stress,
Set in grounds by the lake, I would guess
Popular in high season, a success.
We are there I had meat "a large boucher"
I was told , but it tasted like butcher.
The rest of the food was superb,
"Tagliatelli with gambas" the blurb,
Four prawns and sauce of great flavour.
Plus fois gras and pickle to savour.
The delicious "tiramasu" I surmise
Was nothing Italians would recognise.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed August 13, 2018

Overall, Hotel du Lac is ideally located and convenient when travelling up from Barcelona. A good mid-way stop. The rooms were spacious and the beds comfortable. As for our dinner, there was a wide range of dishes and the food was delicious. Apart from that, the staff were friendly, helpful and professional. We'll definitely be back.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Inter-Hotel
Reviewed May 8, 2018

We arrived just before the heavens opened after a very long 9 hour drive. The receptionists were welcoming, but called the 'English speaking' member of staff once they realised we were English. We were shown to our rooms and everything was explained to us. Our room was lovely and on the ground floor, a stone throw away from the restaurant/bar and a lovely Koi pond and partly maintained grounds. The bedroom was quaint and was perfect for our single, overnight stay. It would have been nice for two sachets of coffee instead of one though. The evening meal was quite disappointing. Once again, once the waitress knew we were English, she spoke very rapidly and then called over the English worker. Although my partner and I are not fluent in French, we know enough to get by. But she did not give us a chance and we were left waiting for a long time. Upon hearing the female waitress speaking to the other guests in French, who were themselves French, we noticed that she had slowed her speaking down and had explained everything to the other (French) guests at a pace that was suitable. We noticed that this was not just once, but on three separate occasions to three other French speaking guests. My partner had finished his meal and she almost removed my plate but I told her I had not finished. I got rather annoyed when she 'hovered' waiting for me to finish my meal and then quickly took my plate away. Not once were we asked if our meal was OK or if we wanted any more drinks. I was not overly impressed with the meal of the evening either. A 'normal' risotto, and a very bland chicken. The other guests were charming and friendly and we all made the effort to speak to each other. It was a shame that the (French) staff did not.

Date of stay: May 2018