All reviews inter hotel evening meal night stop one night lake investment sachets reception parking hallway euros stopover balcony waitress spain facilities
Selected filters
Reviewed September 15, 2018

Inter-Hotel du Lac, Labarre,
Is nearer Labarre than Foix, not far
From the "lake" off the D919.
Finding it took a little time,
Turn at "Foix Plage" you'Il be fine.
This is an excellent hotel
With a very good restaurant as well.
The room was comfortable and spacious,
Good English spoken, staff gracious,
Parking outside without stress,
Set in grounds by the lake, I would guess
Popular in high season, a success.
We are there I had meat "a large boucher"
I was told , but it tasted like butcher.
The rest of the food was superb,
"Tagliatelli with gambas" the blurb,
Four prawns and sauce of great flavour.
Plus fois gras and pickle to savour.
The delicious "tiramasu" I surmise
Was nothing Italians would recognise.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed August 13, 2018

Overall, Hotel du Lac is ideally located and convenient when travelling up from Barcelona. A good mid-way stop. The rooms were spacious and the beds comfortable. As for our dinner, there was a wide range of dishes and the food was delicious. Apart from that, the staff were friendly, helpful and professional. We'll definitely be back.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Inter-Hotel
Reviewed May 8, 2018

We arrived just before the heavens opened after a very long 9 hour drive. The receptionists were welcoming, but called the 'English speaking' member of staff once they realised we were English. We were shown to our rooms and everything was explained to us. Our room was lovely and on the ground floor, a stone throw away from the restaurant/bar and a lovely Koi pond and partly maintained grounds. The bedroom was quaint and was perfect for our single, overnight stay. It would have been nice for two sachets of coffee instead of one though. The evening meal was quite disappointing. Once again, once the waitress knew we were English, she spoke very rapidly and then called over the English worker. Although my partner and I are not fluent in French, we know enough to get by. But she did not give us a chance and we were left waiting for a long time. Upon hearing the female waitress speaking to the other guests in French, who were themselves French, we noticed that she had slowed her speaking down and had explained everything to the other (French) guests at a pace that was suitable. We noticed that this was not just once, but on three separate occasions to three other French speaking guests. My partner had finished his meal and she almost removed my plate but I told her I had not finished. I got rather annoyed when she 'hovered' waiting for me to finish my meal and then quickly took my plate away. Not once were we asked if our meal was OK or if we wanted any more drinks. I was not overly impressed with the meal of the evening either. A 'normal' risotto, and a very bland chicken. The other guests were charming and friendly and we all made the effort to speak to each other. It was a shame that the (French) staff did not.

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank SJ_Herts
Reviewed April 29, 2018

OK,this is part of a big group but our stay here was extremely comfortable and the staff were very pleasant giving the impression that you were very much an individual customer which is how you would want it to be !
Comfortable rooms, very modern with spacious bathroom & all facilities you would expect but at a very reasonable price,under 70 euros a night...you should ask for rooms with lake view and/or balcony as ours looked out over the private car park and was not a thing of great beauty...for a night stop, this was not an issue really...
Dinner in the restaurant was very good indeed,the 29 euro choice on the night was delicious as was the breakfast the following day...from the hotel, a few minutes drive to Foix centre and the chateau....a very relaxing stopover !

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

Based on reading other reviews of the hotel and our experiences of staying there, I think a lot depends which room you get. We stayed in the old part of the hotel which whilst it had really thick walls, was very dark as just a single window, with relatively dark furnishings. The lighting was fairly minimalist too.

Positive:

- extremely friendly staff, without exception
- nice location just outside Foix
- nice lounge area by the wood fire
- good bed - large and comfortable by French standards
- free parking close to hotel entrance

Neutral / negative:

- room dark and minimalist lighting, hallway furnishings looked pretty old fashioned
- breakfast is a bit too expensive for what is offered
- reception smells of cleaning products (I saw this in another review, but it was true)
- room could do with renovating - it could be possible to turn it into something really nice.

In summary if you get a new room or one with a balcony overlooking the lake, you could have a really nice stay here. We got a very competitive room rate, so maybe that is why we got the room we did (which is fair enough).

Would we visit again or put our friends up here? Yes - but we’d want to check exactly what room we would get. I’d like to reiterate that the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful so getting the right room, or doing up the oldest rooms would merit a rating of 5 quite quickly. As there seem almost none of the usual chain hotels in Foix - the hotel du lac may well be the best hotel choice in the low to mid range price category.

Date of stay: April 2018