“Very pleasant stay in the hotel”

Auberge Les Myrtilles
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Foix
Jerusalem
“Very pleasant stay in the hotel”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We arrived without checking the map, and were surprised to see the location relatively far away from Foix.
The room was clean and very cozy. It was spacious, with great light from the ceiling. Equipped with nice furniture.

The food in the restaurant was great in the morning and on dinner, and they served us dinner even beyond opening hours.

The staff of the restaurant and of the hotel were very very nice, with great English and good vibes.

The view is spectacular to the mountains, and the general place is quiet and nice to be in.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank gojanny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Pershore, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The auberge is some ten miles out of Foix at Col des Marrous. When you reach a sign saying Le Bosc to the left ignore it and continue for another couple of miles. It is a great location in very wooded hills some 1,000 metres high up. The bar had an open fire which was warm and inviting. The room we had was perfectly adequate, in fact my wife found it easier to use having large sliding doors for the storage area. The dinner we chose was menu du terroir which was 3 courses for 25 euros and was good food. The wine was fairly priced. The breakfast was nothng special at 9 euros each. It is a great location if you are hiking. It was better than average overall but not in the very good category.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bishtraveller
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The auberge is in a very calm and peaceful location with clean and cosy rooms, charming owners, beautiful views of the Pyrenees and excellent food and wine...about 1 hour 15/1 hour 30 from Toulouse airport...highly recommended for either a weekend or part of a longer stay in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank nicholas171
Berkeley, California
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was given a room with no window , could not sleep at night. Dinner was mediocre and expensive. The pool was small and dirty. If you want to enjoy the Mid-Pyrenees don't go there. Go to Seix instead or Foix.

Room Tip: Do not bother to stop there
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Alexander L
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was so happy with my recent stay at Auberge Les Myrtilles. I arrived on a rainy, cold weekend and their cozy restaurant/bar was so inviting with the delicious food and fire going all day long. The owners are lovely people -- happy to provide me with ideas for hiking and very warm and friendly in general. I also spoke at length with one of their waitresses and the sous-chef -- lovely young people. The cabin was cozy and clean. . .I couldn't have been more pleased. Hiking was just out the door, charming little towns a short distance away. I will definitely return to their little piece of paradise.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed June 27, 2012

As a Canadian, I love beautiful scenery and friendly people. So when my family decided to join me on a business trip to Toulouse, I decided that afterward we must experience the countryside and culture of the Pyrenees. I flew over the region with “Google Earth”, and landed at the Auberge les Myrtilles. I could not have made a more perfect choice. The website promised views, comfort, and gastronomy, and they delivered exactly that. I had just spent 4 days in a luxury business hotel, but ‘les Myrtilles’ was far better (in my opinion) for a fraction of the cost.

A few details:

Food: We opted for the half pension (breakfast and dinner). The food was traditional for the region, and very different from what I am used to, but that is part of the experience. There were a variety of salads and hearty country ‘stews’ which were very nicely seasoned. For me, it was delicious. The owners clearly have a passion for food. The restaurant had other options, but we were very happy with the daily specials.

Rooms: The rooms were very clean, spacious, modern and comfortable. When my room opens onto a garden overlooking a pristine mountain valley, I could be happy with anything, but our double room was honestly the best we had on out trip.

Language: I know a smattering of French, and I think this was appreciated, but the proprietors were friendly toward everyone and willingly spoke decent English. There were a few guys from England visiting at the same time as us, and they seemed to feel completely at home too. If you don’t speak French, don’t be intimidated (but do try a few words if you can).

Scenery: I am an avid runner, so the first morning I ran to the top of the biggest mountain I could find (Cap du Carmil, 1627m). After running through several types of forest, I came out of the early-morning fog into a rolling alpine meadow full of wild horses. The peace and tranquility was perfect. I hiked up a second time that day with my wife, and it was a good 5 hour walk. The trails were well-marked and nicely varied. There seemed to be many other trails in the region if you were more (or less) ambitious.

Pool: The pool, hot-tub, and sauna are in the loveliest setting on the hillside overlooking the valley. I spent hours there just admiring the view while waiting for my daughter to finally get tired of swimming.

In summary, I highly recommend this place to anyone wishing for a comfortable escape to a real paradise. The proprietors state that they fell in love with the place, and I did too.

Room Tip: Our room was double and faced the valley.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Nick T
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stopped at the restaurant during our hike. We found the place gorgeous but experienced an awful service. A group of 6 adults arriving after each other greeted the hostess with a jovial Bonjour and never received any answer. We ordered drinks and desert and clearly annoyed her. To add to it, a man, apparently the owner, when asked questions about the area was plainly rude and not welcoming. Menu seems ok but nothing plainly original or strictly local.

• Stayed July 2011
9 Thank FredStephanie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foix
P'tit Dej-Hotel Foix
#1 of 4 in Tarascon-sur-Ariege
Hotel Lons
Hotel Lons
#5 of 6 in Foix

Been to Auberge Les Myrtilles? Share your experiences!