We flew into Orly airport from Venice following our cruise. We found it easy to get a shuttle bus from terminal to Charles de Gaulle airport which laws easy to find due to very easy to read directional charts around airport. Cost was 20 euros per person and took a little over an hour. We had to stop at another terminal which slowed things up a little. The buses are operated by air France but can be used by anyone. Very clean and good driver.
When we got to Charles de Gaulle airport it was harder to find the route to meet the hotel shuttle bus. Recommend you ring the hotel and let them know you have arrived and to get directions to meeting point (fifth floor from Train station). Hotels run these every 20 to 30 mins.
The girl on the phone was very patient with us and gave us accurate information. The small bus was very clean and the driver very competent. The reception staff were helpful too but I think our Australian accent took them a while to understand which is expected. The location is ok but road works didn't add to the image. The hotel is quite dated and had that air freshener smell that seems to live in older hotels. I would probably look for newer hotel nearby next time.
The room was clean though and definitely needs to have major refurbishment. The carpets and curtains were. Rey worn and if you had asthmatic issues I would look for something else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Away from all the airport hustle, the Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport offers a subtle combination between the quietness of its green space and Roissy CDG convenience. Located in the greenest setting of the airport, only 10 min from the terminals - RER/TGV train station, 20 min from Paris Nord Villepinte exhibition center and 40 min from Paris city centre, the hotel will seduce thanks to its numerous advantages. Thanks to its woody and warm atmosphere, our hotel is the perfect location for hosting all types of events or transit stays. Our assets: - Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel - Private courtesy shuttle to the airport - 240 cozy, spacious and soundproofed guestrooms with 12 junior suites and 73 superior rooms - A wide variety of meeting facilities with an extensive exhibition area: 19 multi-purpose meeting rooms spread over more than 1000m² with natural daylight for most of them, accommodating up to 300 people and 200 people for a wedding - Terrace surrounded by our garden to enjoy sunny days - Wellness center with a swimming pool and sauna, opened on the park - Pool table and table tennis at disposal - Private car park with 200 spaces With a quintessentially Parisian atmosphere, the Terminal R extends an a la carte brasserie-style dining inspired from traditional French cuisine. Gather at Le Cockpit bar, where you can pair an expertly prepared cocktail or your favorite drink with a light snack. The restaurant's Super Breakfast Buffet helps you start the day right and in case of early departure prior to 6am; a Grab & Run with cereal bars, fruit, mineral water and hot drinks is served in the lobby for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport Hotel Le Mesnil-Amelot
- Le Mesnil Amelot Radisson
- Radisson Le Mesnil-Amelot