“Filthy”

Comfort Hotel Lagny-sur-Marne
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lagny-sur-Marne
Reviewed October 31, 2011

School trip, blood left on sheets and urine up wall. Toilets didn't flush correctly and awful stench throughout the hotel. Hotel staff left children to change the sheets themselves due to blood on sheet which had also stained through to the actual quilt. Scabby area but near paris centre.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Supersunseenker39

Reviewed August 7, 2011

After reading all the bad reviews on this website, I was dreading staying here whilst on my school trip. I was even contemplating taking my own sleeping bag to use.

Thankfully when we arrived it was clean and pleasant. The rooms were fairly basic, the beds were put together due to space issues and there was little hanging space but it served it's purpose and I have no real issues with it. There was a TV with the french equivalent of freeview and some programs could be set to play in English.

The bathroom was also pretty small, but it was clean and soap, beakers and towels were provided.

The meals were good quality, although there was no choice of what you had to eat. The waiting staff were very friendly and spoke good english.

Overall it was good and they have 'cleaned up their act' since some of the previous reviews (:

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank E4va
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We stayed overnight at this hotel and Im a firm believer in what you pay is what you get. This hotel doesnt pretend to be 4star deluxe, if you want that then stay in Paris at one of the swankey hotels ! What it is good at is being a very cheap hotel for Disneyland. Yes the rooms could do with updating, yes the rooms are small, but its all functional.

Id like to comment that the reception staff are exceptional. Morgan helped us with our restaurant booking and was exceptionally pleasant from the moment we arrived. We suggested another alternative to a restaurant that is mentioned ontripadvisor, but was closed Sunday evening. It was a great choice and you can see my write up on here.

The breakfast, though not a 5 star was acceptable. How anyonean compalin about a contienental breakfast I do know because in France Ive never had a bad one. French dont do poor waffles & croissants, more like the poor taste of people that stay there no doubt wanting their Tesco (plastic) croissants.

Yes it is stuck between a bus station and a recycling centre, but never causedus no harm. Its a good 30 minute drive from Paris, but easy enoigh to get to. Lagny Sur Marne is a cute little quiet French town.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank simoncroft
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Our room smelled bad. Apparently, the smell of bed bugs. That said, we found 3 bed bugs in the tiny bathroom when we arrived at 1am and some of us got bitten during the night.
Hotel personnel did nothing about it when we checked out except just take our room number.
Sheets had old blood stains. Corridor smelled like old smoke.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank GlobeTravel2000
Comfort77400, Directeur général at Comfort Hotel Lagny-sur-Marne, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2011

Hello,
After your departure, I went in the room... and saw bed bugs.
Since this day, we treat the room with the society Amboile Services Ecolab. preventively we treated all the rooms on the same floor.
As you can read in some web sites... bed bugs are not the cause of a poor cleaning but they are travelers who take it in their suitcases.
Unfortunately we become aware of the presence of bed bugs when customers report because these insects only come out at night.
Sorry that it was you,
Please accept my apologyze,
Bests regards,
Angélique DOMINGUES
Manager

Reviewed October 29, 2010

I recently stayed at this "hotel" with a group of 14 year-old school children. The staff were extremely rude towards them, expecting total silence at all times from 47 kids!

Dinner each night was extremely poor with NO CHOICE and extremely poor quality ingredients. A member of our party who was allergic to tomatoes was given a slab of ham on pasta instead of the (meatless) tomato sauce!

Despite the "hotel" being non-smoking, a blind eye was turned to French guests smoking in their rooms adjacent to the school children. Doors were so poorly fitted that there were gaps between the doorjambs and the doors themselves and the plastic cups in the bathroom were all split making them unfit for purpose. The hotel reception closed at 10.30 each night and no drinks (not even water) were served after this time. The manager turned off the drinks vending machine at the wall so that the only source of anything to drink was bathroom taps!

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and urge all former customers to complain to the head of the Comfort Inn chain in order to effect some changes at this establishment.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank WeiniMalo
Comfort77400, Gérant at Comfort Hotel Lagny-sur-Marne, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2010

I want to bring some details to your comment!
The tour operator you have booked your stay hasn't provided the diets, for this reason many children could not eat the dishes we had prepared the first evening. On the second night, I proposed a second service because we prepared too much food (lots of kids did not want more ...).
All the teachers thought of their comfort instead of watching the children, one teacher has even requested a room away from the rest of the group for not sharing his room with another teacher as the agency wanted.
We saw children climbing the walls of the hotel and enter through the window. I do not understand how you can allow children 14 years drinking sodas all night!
I had to change the room of a customer because he complained about the noise the kids made until very late at night !
This is the first time I meet a group as noisy, as you yourself admitted!
It's too easy to write negative comments on the internet, I preferred a dialogue from you before you leave ...

Reviewed July 30, 2010

I stayed in this little hotel for 4 nights with my school in May 2009. Me and my best friend shared a room for two, it had two single beds and a bathroom with a handheld shower and also some toiletries. When we got to our room (on the ground floor) we saw both duvets had brown marks on that looked like dried blood. We slept with sheets on top of us and blankets on top of that. Forget the yucky duvet! The girls in the room opposite us had a bad room too, so it wasn't just our room.

So I wouldn't recommend this hotel for its bedrooms. However it had a little restaurant with edible food which is ok, although if you like to choose what you have for dinner you couldn't do this here, as there is no menu. They give you your meal and if, say, the dessert has nuts in, and you are allergic to nuts, they will give you something else, which is nut-free. The waitress was nice. Back to the food, most of it was alright, however some of it was not good, and I couldn't eat it after trying it, as it was not nice. Also one night I wasn't sure if the chicken was throughly cooked all the way through.
One night it was another schoolgirl's birthday, and they brought her dessert out with a candle in and we all sang 'Happy Birthday,' which was a nice touch.

The good thing about this hotel is that it is very close to Disneyland paris.

Overall it was okay just for a stay with the school, but if you want a good hotel, with clean rooms etc, I suggest this isn't for you. Personally, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed April 17, 2010

The condition of this hotel is just dreadful. The mattresses and pillows were badly stained as were the carpets. The bathrooms were damp, showers did not work and some lights and electrical fittings did not function either.Location was isolated on industrial estate near recyling plant and depot for buses. There was little if any assistance from the staff and when complaints were made to them they pretended not to understand. The standard left a lot to be desired and I have never experienced anything like it in my thirty years visiting France

• Stayed: April 2010
2  Thank kildare88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lagny-sur-Marne
1 mi away
Disneyland Hotel
Disneyland Hotel
#1 of 3 in Chessy
Disney's Hotel New York

Been to Comfort Hotel Lagny-sur-Marne? Share your experiences!