“Exceeded my expectations!”

Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Marne-la-Vallee
Birkenhead
“Exceeded my expectations!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

After going to Disneyland a few times before and having stayed in the Sequoia Lodge and Newport Bay, and reading mixed reviews here I was a little nervous coming to one of the lower budget hotels. The moment we arrived however all my worries disappeared. The hotel was lovely, reception staff very friendly and first impressions were very good! Our room was extremely clean, spacious, included a safe, and disney toiletries. I really couldnt fault it. The room was cleaned every day, and the beds were very comfortable, which were well needed after all the walking around the parks. I was also worried about the distance of the hotel to the parks, but again there was no need. There was a shuttle bus at the hotel every 10-15 minutes, which was about a 5 minute drive or the walk is just 10 minutes, and you get to go through Disney Village. After comparing this hotel to the others, i think for the lower price you really are getting good value for money! I will definitely be returning to this hotel, and would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Billy The Kid building, it seemed to be right by the path to get to the parks. Nice...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Nick C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
North Shields, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

When looking to book up for my 2 daughters (2&3) first trip to Euro Disney we where looking for somewhere that was value for money, close to the park, clean, safe, comfortable and of course magical.
Thankfully the Hotel Cheyenne ticked all of those box's and more.

When we arrived check in was quick and easy, we arrived at about 13:00 on 11th March 2013 and there was about 4 staff available to serve, the lady on the desk was helpful and friendly telling us in details what we had available, from breakfast times to how our meal plan would work, they also gave the little ones a badge and a sweet to there delight. In addition they asked me where about in the hotel I would like to stay ie upstairs or downstairs and also found me a room to check in early.

From this point things only got better, the room was spacious and clean, the bathroom included a bath and shower and in addition Disney themed toiletries, towels where clean and a plenty.
There was room for the travel cot we hired from the hotel, this was free by the way. A big double bed with a very comfortable mattress and a set of bunk beds.
A TV was available however not a lot of choice available, Disney channel, playhouse Disney, Eurosport and news channels where all that where available in English, however having the Disney channel made the little ones happy.
The rooms where cleaned daily and the beds made up by the maids, fresh toiletries and towels where also left each day.
Finally in the room there was a safe that was free and easy to use, I simply had to enter a code of my choice and that was it.

We chose to have Breakfast at 07:00 each morning and it seems this is the best choice as any later and the place gets really busy, this on the plus also allows you to take full advantage of the early pass to the park.
There was plenty of breakfast available from Party's, cereal to cheese and ham, plenty of tea and coffee and juices where also on offer.
On the Monday evening we choose to eat at the cheyanne for our evening meal, like breakfast there was plenty available, ribs chicken, chips and plenty more and all great quality.
On other nights we tried the Plaza gardens in the park and the buffalo bills in the village both buffet places and again plenty available.

The hotel is only a 2 min bus trip on a 10 min walk to the park so getting there each day is really easy as it is getting back.

Deffinently each morning at 08:00 you get to meet a Disney character, get there early however or you will be waiting a while.

Fantastic hotel and one we would stay at again.

Room Tip: Building 18 are the best for getting to the faculties, bus and walking to the park Choose the meal...
6 Thank Mark W
Amsterdam
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here march 10th-13th myself and 3 children ( 15,13 and 7) the room was ok small but ok for sleeping in cause lets face it when ur at Disney that's all u need a room for and my son loved the bunk bed.

Breakfast was ok I read reviews saying that it was hectic but we never had a problem but we never showed up till after 9 each morning so cud b busier before then.

We also went half board which I thought was well worth it.We ate at the hotels buffet for dinner 2 nights and thought the food was excellent a good choice of food and deserts but u can also use the vouchers at the parks and Disney village where we ate at Annette's diner and must say the food was good there too.

The buses where great constantly back and forward to the parks they did get busy at times so be prepared its survival of the fittest lol I felt sorry for people with prams so if I had a pram and the weather was ok I wud walk along the canal to the parks as it only takes 10 mins max.

All in all had a fab time and wud defo return to the cheyenne.

BTW there is only really flat pillows on the beds so phone reception ASAP and they will bring u more no problem.

4 Thank Linda M
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed March 17, 2013

After reading decidedly mixed reviews, I was quite unsure before going on my annual trip to Disneyland Paris. But my fears were unfounded.
You get what you pay for, and I mean it in a good way. The room was warm and really clean (also cleaned every day whether I wanted it or not - I was unable to find the "do not disturb" tag), with enough of towels for me and my 2 children. The safe worked perfectly, the electronic locks did not - but after a few (or more) tries we were always able to open the door - while our next-door neighbours had to call maintenance.
The dining hall filled extremely quickly in the morning, but there was enough food for everybody, and the food itself was ok.
The shuttle bus to the park comes and goes every few minutes, you never have to wait long. The check-in was really slow (very long queue), but the check-out on the other hand extremely fast (we used the luggage room service - also a nice point).
If I come to Disneyland again, I will definitely start looking for a package from this hotel.

Room Tip: Doc Holiday building seems a bit loud, Jesse James is quieter.
1 Thank Agata D
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We booked 3 rooms close together, 2 of them adjoining. The rooms were very clean and tidy, with an excellent Wild West theme. We stayed in the Butch Cassidy block. The double beds were a bit hard but we actually slept OK. Check in was a simple pain free process and the staff are friendly, helpful and speak very good English. Reception is chaotic but it is a very good opportunity for the children to meet the characters and get their autographs and photos. Breakfast is a crazy affair, total chaos, trying to find a table after collecting your food. A great tip is to find your table first, especially if you have children with you, get them settled and then take it in turns to collect the food. Excellent souvenir shop but as per all Disney outlets, very expensive so take plenty of Euros with you. Clean towels, soap and toiletries were provided. The free bus shuttle service was superb, and very frequent. The weather was terrible, snow blizzards and below freezing so we were really pleased to return to very warm rooms. All in all this was a very good budget, standard hotel and we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Take your own adaptors, kettle, tea, coffee, sugar etc, as there are none available in the room. Als...
2 Thank laineyb1964
Leeds UK
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Just recently stayed here for 4 nights check in was fine rooms were fine only things that could be improved in is tea/coffee facilities in all rooms. Breakfast is a bit crazy but that's more a fault of other guests rather than the hotel. Would defiantly stay here again tho.

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Seen as this is the 'value' Disney hotel it's really not to bad, some people forget that they have paid to stay in the budget hotel and no you don't get a fry up in the morning, but there is mountains of Pastries, rolls, hams and cheese. Selection of cereals and spread. We see a lot of people making up rolls to take for lunch, and fair play, the food is so expensive. The rooms were clean and tidy. We only caught the free shuttle once to say we tried it. I find it pointless because the village and parks are literally 10 mins along the canal.
The only complaint I have is the bed was uncomfortable small and hard. And if I was really picky the shower curtain could be replaced and there could be more Disney factors to the hotel apart from a photo opportunity outside the breakfast hall each morning but you do get what you pay for.

• Stayed March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marne-la-Vallee
Disney's Hotel Santa Fe
Disney's Sequoia Lodge
Disney's Newport Bay Club
Disney's Hotel New York
Residence Du Parc Val d'Europe

Been to Disney's Hotel Cheyenne? Share your experiences!