“Great looking hotel”

Disney's Hotel Cheyenne
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Marne-la-Vallee
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've just come back from a 3 night stay at this hotel and loved it, its a wild west based theme and looks great. The rooms were very clean and had everything we needed, comfortable double bed and my 2 kids loved the bunk bed. My son felt abit cold on the first night so I called reception asking for another blanket and within 5 minutes one was brought to our room. The staff were also very helpful with information about the running of the Eurostar, I was worried about the weather but the staff had upto date information about delays and so forth. Breakfast was excellent and there were some well know characters there every morning, my daughter was over the moon to see Jessie from Toy Story on our first morning. Overall great value for money.

Room Tip: We stayed in the soaring eagle with a front facing room which had a really nice view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (8,715)

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Where do i start, i loved the hotel cheyenne, everything about it, i really have no complaints!
Rooms were lovely and warm, beds were comfortable in my opinion, bathroom had everything you needed and the shower was pretty good and powerful. And the whole room was spotless, maids came in each day to clean, make beds and bring clean towels. Although there is no way you could say it was luxury, i hadn't paid for that and so didn't expect it!
The restaurant was good, we ate breakfast there every morning, yes crowded but we always found a table and there was plenty food, and the evening buffet was LOVELY! Loads of meat, lots of choice, we loved it!
The reception and staff were great, really helpful, nothing was too much bother.
The shuttle bus came really often so you got to the parks really quickly but the walk round the back of the hotels was pretty nice too.
Overall i rate this hotel very highly, i honestly can't understand why anyone would pay more to go in the other hotels when this one is so good, reasonably priced and the cowboy theme is AWESOME!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Rachelroberts84
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We were a bit wary based on some of the reviews on here, but were very pleasantly surprised.
The staff were all very friendly and most spoke excellent English (although appreciated our attempts to speak French!) They were all dressed in the western theme of the hotel and some played up to the role for the kids.

The room was clean, warm and comfortable with TV with international channels. The en-suite, clean and in working order with towels and soap/shower gel replaced daily if needed. Only negative is the lack of hair dryer (although can hire) and kettle. We did hear the odd noise from other guests; but it's a family hotel full of excited kids so I'm hardly surprised if a few were a bit rowdy when they got into their rooms or woke up. It was no worse than other large family hotels.

Breakfast was a bit hectic - but what can you expect when it's a hotel full of families excited to eat up and get to the parks? Plenty to choose from in the unlimited continental buffet and
Visiting Disney characters were a lovely touch on some days. We didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening so can't comment on that.

The bus travelling to the parks came every few minutes, was free and took 5-10mins max to get there. Even with a 2yr old, it was so simple to get to and from the park, ( and easy to pop back for a nap or to get something.) We booked a taxi due to our late flight times and this was 70 euros each way (40minutes). I understand the shuttlebus is regular. TGV also is right outside Disney and you can then catch the free hotel bus from there to hotel.

Checkout was simple and we left our luggage free of charge for the day.

All in all, i'd recommend to families and groups for a Disney break. I'd certainly book again in the future.

PS Just a note on Disney - you will have a fab time, but be prepared to pay alot on food. Around 25E for buffet meals, 10-20E on main meals and 10-12E on fastfood meals (hotels and park prices.)

5  Thank mongoose246
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights December 2012. The decor of the hotel is lovely really does feel like youve stepped into a western and theres a big log fire in the lobby which smells absolutely gorgeous, staff were polite and helpful, the room wasnt very big but you get what you pay for, the bed wasn't very comfotable and only 1 pillow each, probably could of got more but there was always a huge que at the help desk. Breakfast was basic but nice, the hot chocolate was fabulous, dining room gets very crowded though and a lot of the other european guests can be very rude. I was expecting characters all the time but only specific meet and greets of a morning which is not very good when hyou are trying to get to the park, also they wont tell you which character until the day which I found frustrating as my little boy was desperate to meet woody and jessie and we couldnt find them anywhere. Overall it was a good stay well worth the money and I would return.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank linz_kearney
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Great stay . The room was on the small side and a bit dated but adequate . There were 4 of us . 2 adults and 2 children and it was fine. Breakfast was included and that was great- cereals, pastries, rolls and cold meats. Saw many many people make pack up lunches for the day at Disney ! We didn't do it ourselves but can understand totally why once we saw the prices in the parks!!! Reception was friendly and very efficient ! Lovely to the kids !! The biggest negative thing was that there is no wifi at all!!!!! Ridiculous - a very kind waiter let me use his wifi via the iPhone !! The other two minor issues I had is that there are no coffee making facilities in the room and no shop at all!!! I needed pain killers and there was no way of buying them and had to go into the park to ask at first aid as the only place I could buy them was a stop away on the underground!! Very efficient shuttle service to and from the parks so all in all we had a lovely stay and would def be returning but poss go more upmarket!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We spend 5 days in this hotel and it was great. I had expected the huge volumes of people at breakfast so that wasn't a shock but I'm sure if you haven't experienced Disney Paris before it will drive you mad. But once you get stuck in you will be fine. We travelled with a disabled child and Disney couldn't have been better. After getting a green card in city hall (take proof of disability blue badge or Dr letter) your child will be treated like royalty. Simply fantastic.
Back to the hotel it's like being on a film set in the Wild West we loved it if you are looking for luxury go elsewhere the rooms are very comfortable and the kids loved it. It is close 2 the park and the shuttle bus is handy only a couple of mins. Although can be difficult with a wheelchair people don't think at times and push through you. Great holiday had by all we will return.

2  Thank DubinDownSecret
Reviewed January 10, 2013

After reading some reviews on here before I travelled, I was slightly worried. After staying here, I'm thinking some people are only happy when they're not happy and just want to moan and complain to make them feel better.

I flew to Charles De Gaulle airport and took the TGV train to Disneyland, taking only 10 minutes, costing 51 euros for all 4 of us (2 adults, 2 children). The train station is right outside the Disney village gates at the Marne-la-Vallee stop. Jumping on one of the free shuttles outside here taking you to your hotel only takes 3 or 4 minutes and come every 10 minutes or so.

Check in at the hotel was really quick, everything set in a wild west theme. Staff all throughout Disneyland speak both English and French which was good as I speak no French at all. Whenever I went to the information desk in the hotel reception, everyone was polite and nothing was too much trouble.

As said in previous reviews, breakfast buffet is continental with much of the same throughout, but was very nice and when on the continent, expect a continental breakfast! As well as doing cereal.

Disneyland itself is very expensive as you'd expect to be. But if I went again I would definately stop in the Hotel Cheyenne as it's one of the cheaper hotels but nice, clean and friendly.

12  Thank mdee49pl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marne-la-Vallee
Disney's Hotel Santa Fe
Disney's Newport Bay Club
Disney's Sequoia Lodge
Disney's Hotel New York
Residence Du Parc Val d'Europe

Been to Disney's Hotel Cheyenne? Share your experiences!