“Brilliant value for Money”

Disney's Hotel Santa Fe
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Marne-la-Vallee
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
“Brilliant value for Money”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as part of our coach tour package in December 2013. The hotel was very clean, the staff were very friendly and our room was wonderful. Upon arriving, we found that our TV wasn't working. One quick call to reception and the hotel handyman was there in a few minutes. The free shuttle service was incredibly handy and frequent. The gift shop was also very handy and the staff were happy to help.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank littlemunchkin15

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed April 27, 2014

8 of my family spent 4 nights in the Sante Fe returning last night. The hotel is split into several blocks, each block is called after a car in the movie Cars. Tip..some are closer to the reception block than others. Rooms are well decorated in the Pixar movie, Cars theme too. They are basic but clean. Prepare for long queues for check in, breakfast and the buffet dinner in La Cantina restaurant. For breakfast you grab a well tray, wet crockery and queue for breads, tinned or puréed fruit, meats and cheese, limited selection. Queues from 8pm are v long. The advantage of staying in a Disney hotel for us was the ability to enter the park at 8am, 2hours prior to general admission and you can walk to the parks. The shuttle bus does not restrict anyone from piling in and terrified the 3 children with us. It was scary for the adults too. We walked every other time. This hotel caters for 1000's every week - be prepared for that. It's a conveyor belt hotel, don't go for service or 5 star treatment but enjoy the location and the daily visits from the characters! Enjoy!

Room Tip: It can be a 10/15 minute walk to reception from some rooms. Rooms in the Luigi block had a bad smel...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Margaret17294
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here April 2014 with the husband and two children age 9 and 5.

Firstly I should say that we did arrive on Easter Monday - and although I was expecting a certain amount of queuing-having to queue for over An hour and a half to check in with two tired kids was hard work . I really think this is something that they need to look at - if it had been raining we would have been totally stuck as we were outside queuing for sometime before we even made it into the building.

Upon checking in - everything was explained clearly and we were asked to pick a breakfast time. After reading reviews on here, I was intending on opting for the earliest possible - only to be given a card for 8.45am for the first two days and 7am (which was what I wanted) for the last two. The member of staff then said - come whatever time you want - don't worry about the time on the card.

Breakfast is one of the major things that lets this hotel down. Taking the member of staff at her word, we ignored our allocated time and went at 7. All I can say is - thank heavens we did - we managed on all occasions to get a table although it was still very, very busy despite the early hour.

The breakfast was adequate - standard continental with juice/coffee vending machines. The queue for breakfast after 8am was horrendous - there was one morning after a late night watching the fireworks that we didn't make it early. We walked in and straight back out - it was awful. Mcdonalds was our preferred choice on that day.

We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant at night so can't comment on that.

The rooms were standard but perfectly clean, it was cleaned every day. Used towels were replaced , as were the Disney
Toiletries that the children loved. If you like big towels though - take your own - the ones provided by the hotel are tiny.

Santa Fe worked for us as a family in some aspects but not in others - we don't mind walking and the 10
Minute stroll by the river every morning was nice to prepare you for what was coming. The hotel is quite a way from the park and the buses were always very busy.

I think you get what you pay for - and probably if we were to go again I would book somewhere different.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank misskatied990
Kent
Reviewed April 24, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed in this hotel as I had visited 6 years ago, it has been largely updated since then and we had an amazing time. The room was themed with Disney pixar's cars and my partner and I had a great time being big kids (as we are 24 and 27). There was huge choices for breakfast in the buffet and did not go hungry. We did have the evening buffet one night, it is relatively expensive but this was to expected at a Disneyland resort, and cost no more than any of the other Disneyland restaurants. The food was delicious, Mexican buffet and there was plenty of choice for us fussy vegetarians. The shuttle buses are very regular, only 2 mins away from the Disneyland parks and they run for good hours, as some evenings we stayed in the Disney village til late. Staff were very helpful and friendly, and I had the most magical time. I would definitely come back again here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RhiannaUnicorn
Centurion, South Africa
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My sister and I took my grandaughter to eurodisney in March 2014.....we stayed at Sante Fe..it was basic, clean and comfortable...she celebrsted her 5th birthday at the mickey cafe....which was extraordinary...loved every bit.......worth a visit......magical experience.....Pam G

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Pam G
Chessington, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Having visited Disneyland Paris a number of times over the years I had always been advised to avoid Hotel Santa Fe and go with one of the other Disney Hotels. When visiting last November, there was a good value promotion available and working to a budget instead of re-visiting one of the other properties, I thought it was time to get my own opinion. I had read the hotel had been fully refurbished a few months prior and the money saved staying here would pay for the half board meal plan (which I recommend) so I went ahead and booked. On arrival we were checked in quickly, provided with everything including meal vouchers and sent on our way to find our room, following the signs to our designated Cars character! The room was great and clearly fully refurbished with nice touches such as the traffic cone mirror and bedside lights. It is only a 20 minute walk to the Disney Parks, similar to Hotel Cheyenne, although there is a bus that shuttles between the parks and hotel, the walk is pleasant enough. Dependent on circumstances, I would stay again, although as a Hotel guest you can only use the facilities in your own hotel which means no access to a swimming pool which will be the consideration on a future booking! Whilst I cannot comment on pre-refurbishment experiences, I would say this is now just as good as Hotel Cheyenne and would happily stay again. Would recommend the half board option, the vouchers can be used across a number of restaurants, including the Silver Spur Steakhouse in the Disneyland Park and if you do fancy something different they can be used towards an upgrade at face value towards restaurants not included in the plan such as Blue Lagoon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ricky F
Oostende
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The Santa Fé hotel is basic, but it was ok because we didn't spend a lot of time in our room. If you're here to visit Disneyland, why would you need more luxury? The breakfast was pretty crowded, but there was a lot of choice. Disneyland is a 20 mins walk away, but there are shuttle busses every 15 mins.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Heidi S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marne-la-Vallee
Disneyland Hotel
Disney's Sequoia LodgeR
Disney's Newport Bay Club
Disney's Hotel New York
Residence Du Parc Val d'Europe

Been to Disney's Hotel Santa Fe? Share your experiences!