“Basic but clean”

Disney's Hotel Santa Fe
Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Marne-la-Vallee
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Just returned from 4 days staying at the Santa Fe - there are 5 of us 2 adults and 3 children and we got 2 connecting rooms. Check in was quick and efficient and the staff were very helpful. However the lobby is very bare and sparse and not very welcoming and not a place where you would want to hang about. Our rooms were on the first floor of block 32 so half way between reception and the walkway to the park. Our rooms were clean and the beds comfortable - no kettle but we had our own anyway. The bathrooms were spotless and suited us well.
We took the earliest breakfast option to avoid the queues and had no problems with getting food - we knew what to expect and as I don't eat cereal or bread I had took my own individual porridge pots. We also took zip lock bags and made sandwiches and croissants and pan au chocolate for the park. Everyone was doing this and this may be why so many people had so much bread at breakfast! We also took kids drinks bottles and filled them with water and juice to take with us into to the park. To get to the park we walked over the bridge and into the village then on to the park - we found ducks and big fish in the river and the kids had great fun feeding them with crumbs from the sandwiches etc. The park was as usual great and we really only used the hotel to sleep in and for us it was just right.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Laura C

Reviewed April 4, 2014

So welcoming and friendly real buzz about the place my daughter loved it here which was the most important thing all part of the disney magic! characters being at your hotel fAb food fab great gift shop all we wanted from out disney hotel

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ColeenD07
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for 2 nights in April. Check in was easy. Got our room as early as 10am. A bit disappointed with the room facilities. No fridges. No kettles and you have to walk to the lobby to ask for it. We got a lousy and dirty kettles. Buffet breakfast was ordinary. You only get bread, croissant, ham etc. The staff there are very friendly and helpful. Good free wifi internet at the lobby too. Overall experience was pleasant

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Nicholas_289
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We had chosen this hotel according to its price and we were very surprised for the services we got for our money. Yes, it was a little bit crowded but one should expect this as it is a very big hotel. In spite of this fact we didn't wait neither at check in nor for the breakfast. the room was very nice, decorated in "the cars" style and our children loved it. It was quite big for four of us. It was clean, the towels were changed everyday. there were also shampoos and soaps. We had also a kettle in our room, but there was no fridge. Breakfast was basic but tasty. There is luggage service, so you can let your luggage in the hotel for the last day of your stay and you can enjoy the time in Disneyland. The hotel is connected with Disneyland by shuttle service which is maybe every 10 minutes. Although the bus is always full, it is not a problem as the journey to Disneyland park is very short - maybe 1 or 2 minutes.

2  Thank evik33
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My family and I had been considering a visit to Disneyland, France along with the Paris sites. The Disney UK website had an offer for 9 nights at the Santa Fe with park tickets everyday at an incredible price, so I simply booked it. I wasn't expecting extravagance but was assuming accommodations on par with those of Disney value resorts at Disney World in Florida. These expectations were unhappily not met.

First, the VEA shuttle from CDG required me to load my own luggage. I believe the bus driver only left his seat to shut the cargo door. Nonetheless, the shuttle dropped us off at the hotel's front door without incident. Of course, we still had to unload our own bags.

Inside the lobby, the front desk staff was very friendly. They spoke both French and English as displayed on flag emblems above the counter. Although we arrived earlier than check in time and requested to be near our accompanying friends, they worked diligently and found us a room of which we were grateful.

The walk to the room was probably the greatest letdown at the hotel. The surface of the walkway was very rough, making it hard to pull our bags. Also, many areas were adorned with weeds instead of cacti or desert fauna that you might find in a simulated New Mexico setting.

Our next difficulty was ascending to our room. Although our room was only on the second floor, an elevator would have been nice. Other buildings at the hotel reach up to three floors, but I didn't investigate whether they were without elevators.

The room itself was relatively small, a tad smaller than value resorts at Disney World. However, the Cars theme was carried out very well both in the bedroom and bath. I'm sure the hotel's website has pics which can attest to this. As for the beds, the mattress was not a pillow top. Actually, it was virtually topless as I could feel the coils as I lay. The saving grace was the comforting duvet and down (possibly imitation) pillows. Meanwhile, our shower had excellent water pressure and drained well. The only hindrance was a large step up to the shower/tub.

Activities at the hotel were non-existent. Florida offers movie nights, mini parades, etc., but nothing similar was offered at the Santa Fe. We were fortunate one day to run into Mickey Mouse for a photo op. Also, they do have an arcade, but it is pretty pricey. I guess the onsite gift shop could be considered for leisure. It had a good collection of Disney Paris memorabilia.

The Continental breakfast consisted of butter croissants, chocolate croissants, French rolls, slices of white bread, cubes of cheddar and white cheese, apple sauce, fruit cocktail (canned), two types of ham, and 4 types of cereal. Serve yourself drinks were apple juice, orange juice, milk, and a coffee machine that also made hot chocolate. Overall, the food choice were fairly basic, but the real problem were the hotel guests. Perhaps it was the unlimited offerings that made for absolute pandemonium. Each morning we visited the buffet, people were shoving and struggling about to accumulate as much food as possible. Many even bypassed plates altogether and stacked trays with countless croissants. And the frenzy for the Nutella portion servings was a site to see. I witnessed a family of 2 adults and 2 small children return to their table with no less than 25 items of bread! I thought it was Armageddon. Even with all the chaos, the Disney staff did a great job of keeping all of the food items stocked. And I must say at this point that I found no rude French people on my vacation per se, but I encountered rude tourists of all sorts.

The last thing I must mention is getting to the parks and/or train station. Note: the train station and parks are right next to each other. One has the choice of walking or taking the shuttle. They usually took us about the same length of time overall all. The walk to the park consisted of a nice stroll along a small river and passed a few other Disney hotels until passing through Disney Village. The shuttle consisted of waiting in a sometimes unorganized and chaotic line with an abundance of visitors smoking. After 5-10 minutes of waiting, people typically push and shove each other without any consideration until you board - if you are fortunate. After that it is a short 7 or so minute drive to the drop-off. This is most convenient if you plan on boarding a train (FYI, it usually took us about 40 minutes to travel by train into Paris - not too convenient). If you plan on visiting a park or Disney Village, you must then pass through security for another slight delay. And if you plan to return on the shuttle later in the day, many of the fatigued tourists are ready to push and shove again. My advise would be to walk.

Overall, the Santa Fe had some fun aspects, but I would place it well below my experience at value resorts in Disney World.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank humu1
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My brother booked this hotel for us (2 families = 4 adults, 4 children) to stay 2 nights near Disney's Park which we intend to visit. It's 2 stars hotel for masses. I had no expectations. We needed only bed, we planned to stay all day in Disney land. But this hotel was surprise for me: lot of people everywhere but everything worked perfectly. Receptionists on the front desk do very good work. Standard room for 4 people (two double bed) was very clean, new furniture in Disney's style (including bathroom), electric kettle, lcd tv set, shower gel, ... very nice.
Shuttle bus to the park is included in price of accommodation.
Breakfast is really mass matter but it has system and it goes quickly. Food selection is not too various but tasty.
We were very satisfied with accommodation in this hotel and it's services (e.g. baggage service). :)

Room Tip: I would prefer the room in building near the main building
Reviewed April 1, 2014

My husband and 19 month old went with my brother, sister-in-law, and their 19 month old. We got two standard rooms. They were adjoining and they provided "cribs" (pack n plays with a super thin mattress. Since we were only staying for one night we figured we would save money on hotel and spend it at the park instead. That being said we knew we weren't going to be at the Ritz. Even so, this hotel is not great. It looks and feels like a truck stop. The pictures online are completely edited to make the hotel look bigger, nicer, and more fun. Reception was fine. The staff is nice, but the whole place needs an update. The rooms are small and the beds terribly uncomfortable. Our TV didn't work properly. They only give shampoo/body wash. No other toiletries. The breakfast is awful. Its like a cattle call and the food is limited to canned fruit salad, bread, cheese, and cereal. Nothing is hot. It is very disappointing. We would not stay here again and would not recommend it to family or friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marne-la-Vallee
Disneyland Hotel
Disney's Hotel New York
Explorers Hotel
Explorers Hotel
#2 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre

Been to Disney's Hotel Santa Fe? Share your experiences!