“Worst hotel ever!!!”

Ranked #52 of 52 Hotels in Marne-la-Vallee
London
“Worst hotel ever!!!”
Reviewed August 26, 2009

We went to Paris for a city break intending to stay for 5 days. However as soon as we got out of the taxi and entered the reception we regretted the decision. The rooms were in a terrible state, the dirt and grime everywhere was disgusting and unsanitary. The smell of the rooms was unbearable, the carpets was stained and dirty, the bathroom was filthy and the dust everywhere was shocking. I would not rate this hotel 3 stars, it doesn't deserve any. DO NOT go by the website it is very misleading, the pictures on the website could be from another hotel. My mother was in tears it was that terrible, we checked out after just one night. If you are thinking of going here I would seriously recommend that you do not, you will honestly regret it.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank btp_92

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London
Reviewed August 7, 2009

Not far from the "Convention" Metro station hotel this small 3 -star hotel is conveniently located near touristy spots in Paris with Eiffel tower about 15 -20 minutes away.

Good points:
Friendly staff
Children friendly
small lift / elevator
Nice location , approx 50- 60 minutes to disney land by metro and RER train
fairly clean compact sized rooms
Approx 200m-300m from metro station with KFC, MacDonalds, Tunisian halal takeaways, restaurants, shops , etc close by
Cheapest hotel I could find at short notice
Nice airconditioning
clean towels provided every day and bathroom has hair dryer
seperate toilet and bathroom in the triple rooms we occupied
staff will help to arrange excursions / transport ( which we didn't take up)
24 hour reception with no problem communicating in English
small fridge

We stayed 6 nights and can't find much to moan about:

Bad points
Noise from outside with windows open can disturb your sleep
Very basic breakfast : bread rolls, cheese,buuter, jam ,ham slices, corn/bran flake ,orange juice, grapefruit juice, tea and coffee , buffet style.
Carpet was a bit smelly and needs a good wash
Bathroom / toilets lacked proper vents

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Opp, Alabama
Reviewed March 26, 2008

We were in 33. A group of person from a university. I got a room with my girlfriend at 6th floor.
Bathroom: dirty dirty dirty. We had to clean it. The water was broken. There was no shower but a small "bathtub" unable to be used because of the wall that, starting from cm. 40, got slanting.
The first two days we had no hot water. They said it was because of the 6th floor (IT IS TOO MUCH HIGHER...THEY SAID!!!!!!!). We realise they did not change the towels. They used to dry them with the phon.
ROOM: in the wall in front of the bed there were some holes. One of them had electrical cables coming out (!!!). They said it was because of the old applique...
No wardrobe. Just a hole in the wall with 4 hangers.
We couldn't close the door from the inside.
The sheet in the room of another friend were sully (blood).

We leaved the hotel after the second night after discovering that a friend of us (staying in the 3rd floor) got the louses. We went in the hospital during the night. He got a treatment (we got the certificate). Doctor said: "leave the hotel as soon as possibile". We went back from the hospital at 3 0'clock in the night. I called a taxi. I took my lagguages. I changed hotel. At that time (3 a:m) there was no one at the reception. My key was on the desk. The door was open.

Please, do not go THERE. IT IS NOT A HOTEL, BUT A HOVEL!
SEE PICTURES
RRAA ITALY

• Liked — moving to another hotel
  • Disliked — the way the owner and receptionists treat us
  • Stayed March 2008
1 Thank gabbahey70

Travelers are raving about these Marne-la-Vallee hotels

Hong Kong
Reviewed January 21, 2008

It's a small and warm hotel. The staffs are so helpful. Very near the exhibition centre where I need to do my presentation for my company. Hotel gives the good price. And they are just renewed!!

• Liked — Warm room
  • Disliked — rooms a little bit small
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Leciestershire
Reviewed December 17, 2006

Their web site said 'renovated' - not room 31!!!!!
Grubby, dirty, I have a long list of things that need putting right, these are just a few. A good steam clean and painting would help. Child size box instead of a wardrobe, so nowhere to hang winter coats, carpet very old and stained, anything wooden was chipped, radiator and bathroom tiles all dirty. Radiator in hall was equally unclean. All so sad as it was a birthday treat for me and my partner spent a lot of money. I was so looking forward to this trip. Thank goodness the Paris buildings were just as beautiful as ever.

Stayed November 2006
1 Thank alfie-cat
Bristol
Reviewed September 20, 2006

Stayed in the Comfort Hotel Convention Paris for one night, on a Business trip to Paris.

Reception - Small and smokey, with just enough room to handle a scatty receptionist behind a small desk too busy to take my Credit Card as her boyfriend was on the phone. Also a glamourous young lady in reception, whom my colleague assured me was not a lady at all.
Room - 6th floor, bendy walls, shower falling apart, previous guests shampoo and 'hair' still there, TV with 6 inch screen, Birds nesting in gables, door that didnt lock
Lift - precariously opens mid staircase

Advice? Dont go there......

• Stayed September 2006
2 Thank Orange_Simon
New York, NY
Reviewed July 23, 2005

I stayed in a room with a single bed. But it's important to know that you are unable to strech in this room. It's way too small. The room had no drawers, (only a small closet with 5 hangers), no room safe like they said, my shower was broken and they refused to fix it, and the door could not lock from the inside. We had to turn in our room keys whenever we left (to keep track of who was there and who wasn't), the tv had 7 chanels, the room had no clock, and a lousy a/c that did not work well at all! All you hear at night were pipes bumping. My friend upstairs said that there was a mouse in her bed and no one did anything about it. This hotel was nothing like I acpected. The only good thing was that the staff was very kind and friendly.

• Stayed July 2005
12 Thank SC203NewYork_NY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marne-la-Vallee
Pavillon Porte de Versailles
Mercure Paris Vaugirard Porte de Versailles Hotel
Hotel Lutece
Hotel Lutece
#1,378 of 1,797 in Paris

Been to Auriane Porte de Versailles? Share your experiences!