“Good value for money buffet in the Disneyland Park.”

Plaza Gardens Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 387 Restaurants in Marne-la-Vallee
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Forest National Park Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Good value for money buffet in the Disneyland Park.”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I ate in Plaza Gardens buffet on 12th June with my adult son and his fiancée. Although I visit Disneyland Paris quite frequently I had not eaten in this restaurant since it changed to a buffet some time ago, so was keen to try it and see the choices of foods on offer.

Plaza Gardens is in prime location just off Central Plaza in the Disneyland Park so very popular. Advance reservations are recommended to get the time you want to eat unless you are going at a very quiet time of year when the parks are not busy. We wanted late lunch on our last day, so I made a reservation by phone a few weeks before arrival. Reservations can be made from 60 days in advance for up to 10 persons.

Plaza Gardens has pretty Victorian style theming, with wooden tables and comfortable chairs in the central part of the restaurant where the buffet is situated. At each end of the restaurant is a conservatory area, with large windows and white cast iron garden type chairs (with cushion seat) and tables, so quite different from the middle section.

Plaza Gardens is Standard category, and you pay on entry, including for any drinks. The other Standard buffets have the same procedure, but in Plus and Premium buffets in the Disney hotels drinks are waiter service at your table, and you pay at the end of your meal.

The current Plaza Gardens buffet price for adults is €26.99 with soft drink refills, or €22.99 without drinks. Child price is €13.99 which includes one drink – bottle of water, orange Minute Maid or milk. I paid for two adult buffets with coca cola refills, and one adult buffet with a glass of Merlot (€6.99). My Club Actionnaires Shareholders card gave me 15% off the total bill.

I asked for a table in the middle as I think it is more comfortable and closer to the buffet, and this was not a problem. Originally I booked for 3pm but we then decided to eat a bit earlier so I changed it to 2pm at the Concierge Desk in our hotel (Sequoia Lodge). The restaurant was quite busy but not packed, and there was plenty of food on display. I noticed they replaced dishes with fresh ones when about ¼ was left.

My son and I like some of the good table service restaurants like Walt’s and Blue Lagoon, but his fiancée is quite fussy so I knew the buffets would suit her more and we wouldn’t have to worry about her finding foods she liked. The other advantage of the ‘all you can eat’ buffets is that it is up to you how long you spend eating, rather than depending on waiter service which can be rather slow sometimes. The French don’t tend to hurry their dining!

The food in Plaza Gardens is fairly similar to Restaurant Des Stars buffet in the Studios Park, (where we also ate on this trip) but PG is bigger, with more choices. Some dishes may vary from week to week, but essentially the buffets stay the same. I took some photos and made a list of the foods I saw on this visit – dishes were nicely presented and the cooked ones we had were kept hot.
COLD DISHES
Tabouleh, sea snails in shells, smoked mackerel fillets, ocean terrine, potato salad, hard boiled eggs, cold pasta salad, taziki, cherry tomatoes, vegetable salad, coleslaw, sauerkraut salad, mixed salad (with cucumber, olives, tomato ,red onion, peppers), Greek salad with feta cheese, sweetcorn salad, green beans salad, grated carrot, olives, parma ham, pate, mixed lettuce,
HOT DISHES
Soup, pork chops, mixed vegetables, cauliflower and broccoli, cannelloni, kebabs, ham carvery, risotto, mussels in garlic and cream sauce, pizza squares, fish in breadcrumbs, chicken in breadcrumbs, sliced meat in a tomato sauce, rice, chips, dauphinoise potatoes, frankfurter type sausages, fish in white sauce, spinach and ricotta tortellini in a creamy sauce, beefburgers (the French like their beef cooked quite rare, not medium, so don’t be surprised to find them pink inside. This is normal in France).
DESSERTS
Pancakes with different sauces, vanilla custard, chocolate tart, lemon meringue pie, various small cake type desserts, coconut tart, fresh fruit salad, apple tart, fresh fruit – pears, grapes, apples, oranges, bananas, plums. Selection of cheeses. I forgot to look but there is usually a freezer with ice cream and lollies in the buffets.
-----
We really enjoyed our meal and our drinks were served by a friendly Cast Member waiter from Athens, who asked occasionally if refills were wanted and cleared our finished plates efficiently. We felt totally stuffed when we left the restaurant 90 mins later which kept us going for the rest of the day, with just a sandwich from Waterloo station on our journey home.

The only grumble I had was the state of the ladies toilets, where inconsiderate guests had left loo paper on the floor in the cubicles. This seems to happen frequently in the ladies toilets in resort, and it really makes me cross. If ladies want to cover the loo seat with paper before use then that is fine, but they should then flush it away - not throw it on the floor. I reported it to a Cast Member in the restaurant, who thanked me and said they would send a cleaner in straight away. The toilets are checked and cleaned regularly, but it only takes a few quests to make a mess again - disgusting manners and total lack of consideration!

I have read some poor reviews of Plaza Gardens food on TA but we had no complaints and I will be eating here again on 1st August with some posters from the Trip Advisor DLP Forum. One thing to bear in mind is that the buffets in resort are generally better in their first hours of opening. As it gets nearer to closing time they are less likely to refresh or replace dishes if the restaurant is not busy, so there may be less choice and hot dishes may spoil. This could explain some of the poor reviews. When I was passing another table I overheard an American lady saying 'this buffet is worth every penny, and some' , which was nice to hear.

If you are celebrating a special occasion especially with a large group of people or extended family group, you may find it easier to book a Plus or Premium buffet so you can order more drinks & wine when needed and pay the bill at the end of the meal. They are more expensive, but the overall quality and choices of foods are generally better.

Opening hours for restaurants in the parks varies according to the time of year and park closing time, so dinner may not always be possible. You can check this with dining reservations for your trip dates. Plaza Gardens is also currently used for breakfast in the park for guests staying in some of the Disney hotels. It usually opens for lunch at 11.30am and stays open for the rest of the day with last seating time maybe two hours before park closing.

Agrabah Café buffet in Adventureland is very good with excellent theming, and we love eating there, but the Mediterranean/North African cuisine does not appeal to everyone, and there are no nuggets, chips, pizza etc for children. My son's Fiancee said she would prefer more traditional foods, so we didn't eat in Agrabah Cafe on this trip.

Buzz’s Pizza Planet is a cheaper buffet in Discoveryland, with pizza, pasta and salad, but sadly this is not often open. You can’t make reservations for Pizza Planet but dining reservations should be able to tell you if it will be open on your trip dates, or ask at City Hall when you arrive.

If you have questions about dining in Disneyland you can find me and other friendly posters on our Disneyland Paris / Marne La Vallee forums on Trip Advisor where we are happy to help with trip planning.

7 Thank Figgygirl

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nottingham
“Nice buffet restaurant”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Our family ate here and there was something for everyone. Lots of different dishes, all pretty good but nothing exceptional. The staff were friendly and helpful and everything was presented very nicely, a bit expensive though.

Visited June 2013
Hong Kong, China
“It's a great buffet place inside Paris Disneyland!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I think that having a buffet for 24 Euro per person (drink not included, it costs another 4 Euro) is more worthwhile than a 10 Euro burger set inside Paris Disneyland. I won't compare the food quality with other restaurants outside, cos I want to complete my meal and enjoy the park.

The restaurant is decorated in victoria-style, and provides buffet all day long. I love the ham, pate, salads, mussels, roasted pork and desserts there. Nobody mentioned about time limit, I think I can keep eating as long as I can. Service is fine as it's a real buffet.

If you want to have buffet during 6-10 pm, please remember to make a reservation first. I went there at 5pm, there were many seats available and no need to queue for long time.

1 Thank OlalaHK
bristol
“Not that great”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Buffet food can always be a bit hit or miss, unfortunately this was a bit miss.
Especially when you consider the cost.

• Visited January 2013
Romford
“Very nice food. Staff were the best I have ever encountered”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

As most folk on here, we have visited many restaurants. Some good, mediocre etc.

The food here for a buffet offering was tremendous. Normally buffet type restaurants feel me with dread. I had the pork, kebabs, fish cakes, chips, pretty much a little of everything that was on offer, which was actually a lot on offer. The pork was as succulent as anywhere that I have been to. The chips were regularly turned over and replenished, so they weren't the dried burnt out chips you associate with buffets. The buffet was as good as the Disney hotel and at half the price! Which is why I recommend you book, do not turn up on spec, chances are they will be booked, especially peek season. So the food is great and at a reasonable price, what about the staff?

I want to mention names, Istevn and Britney Spears, yep you read it right, we're our to servers and you could not wish for a warmer, enthusiastic pair of servers. They could not do enough.

They went above and beyond duty, even getting a couple of mini ice cream cornettos for the kids. They were an absolute credit to the restaurant and to the Disney spirit!

1 Thank Chumba C