“New Years Eve”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“New Years Eve”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

After having a reasonable meal on 31st October we thought that New Years Eve might be a good idea however the evening rate jumped up to 120 euros each which we couldn't justifiy.
Instead we went at lunch time which was 32.99 euros each instead of 27.99 euros . it didn't include drinks but we had a large bottle of water between us. The carvery was nice , sadly the number of starters seemed to be fewer than last time. The desserts were still yummy.
Yes there are plenty of choices for little people and the staff are slow but it is central in the park

• Visited December 2012

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Durham, United Kingdom
“Wouldn't rush back”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Our least favourite Disney dining experience! The staff weren't anywhere near as friendly as in other restaurants and the decor and food average. As a vegetarian, I enjoyed the salads but had very little choice of hot food. My husband quite enjoyed what he had but was disappointed that some of the main meat dishes weren't replenished eg a pork joint that he never got to try. Or children (4 and 18 months) enjoyed it best, if just for the vast amounts of fromage frais and marshmallows they ate for dessert!
Toilets weren't that clean and had to queue for ages as there was only one in working order - ridiculous for a big family restaurant. We won't be desperate to return here.

• Visited January 2013
“Terrible food and horrendous staff”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had initially 'erm'd and ahh'd' over spending €54 for 2 people on a buffet but decided to treat ourselves. The restaurant was very art deco with a traditional English theme. Although impressed by the layout our table was cramped and wobbly with dozens of children running about - but hey, it's disneyland.

We weren't expecting a high class of food but it was in edible, miles below the standard of macdonalds or any fast food eatery. After attempting and failing four plates of the different slob they offered we had had enough.

Speaking to front of house they offered to refund 1 meal which we settled for. At this point, an arrogant French head chef approach me and my girlfriend and immediately intimidated us. He demanded I came to the buffet with him to show him the problem.

I pointed out errors, such as the horrendously over cooked pasta or the cold beef. He refused to listen, and lent close to my face and threatened me, announcing I was a thief. I tried to explain but he stormed off and told front of house to not give me the refund.

At this point we left and went to the main information point at Disneyland and spoke to the very lovely Christoph who phone the restaurant and got our refund.

As a young 20 year old I felt extremely intimidated by this chef and appalled by his behaviour. Do yourself a favour and do not eat here!

Not to mention the lack of promised free drink re-fills, the saucer sized plates, the disgustingly smelly toilet or the poor quality of the meat and fish - 100% not fresh!

5 Thank MCEdinbro
South Lake Tahoe, California
“Excellent Food!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I visit Disneyland in Anaheim, CA several times a year and will tell you the food at the Anaheim version of this restaurant is garbage compared to what Chef Ong and his crew serve up at DIsneyland Paris.

I had lunch and my only two complaints were the service was dismal, but the server only had to get me drinks and it was very overpriced €27.99 for lunch and coffee is not included, but cokes are. Go figure? However, the food was excellent.

I ran into head Chef Ong and complimented him on his food and explained I was a frequent guest at Disneyland USA in Anaheim. With this, Chef taught me how to eat Escargot the correct way! WOW! An over the top event,even in Paris.

• Visited September 2012
UK
“Stay Away - Terrible Food and Service”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Visited on 28th December after making a reservation in advance. It took some time to seat us and we had to ask twice for our drinks. Having visited in 2010 when it was excellent we thought it would be a safe choice, oh how wrong we were.

The restaurant looks very tired, dated and dare I say dirty. The choice of food was appalling and looked very bland. They had steak on the buffet but there was none left we asked for some and were told to eat what was there. After speaking to the manager, she said it would be sorted and we were served a hamburger which was raw.

We pointed out the issues to the manager and she agreed, we request a full refund and left.

The restaurant is very over priced and certainly not up to the Disney standard

• Visited December 2012