“Not the place to have a nice dinner”

Captain Jack’s - Restaurant des Pirates
Ranked #93 of 405 Restaurants in Marne-la-Vallee
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We went to the Blue Lagoon Restaurant during our Disney Vacation in December and were quite upset.
We had a reservation for 8pm and the restaurant was quite busy, so the assigner was fairly overstrained. When we came to the table we had to wait more than 15 minutes before the waiter stopped by finally took the order.
After a short wait he served cocktails, water, a bottle of wine and the starter in one go.... You should have at least some time to enjoy your cocktail before starting to eat.

Shortly thereafter he already got us the main course without saying any word.
Everything was a complete rush at all the tables, waiters were running around and we had the feeling the whole staff was only interested to get the guests out asap.
The food was fairly cold and the quality was rather mediocre.

The other evening we had dinner at Inventions and Walt's - so much better with great food and perfect service.
We would absolutely not recommend the Blue Lagoon!

1  Thank Route66
Write a ReviewReviews (2,699)

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I'm not a great seafood lover so the menu was some what limited for myself. For my wife and son however, the Blue Lagoon was fantastic and my daughter enjoyed spending her meal seeing how many people would wave back from the ride to her.
The food we had was very nicely presented, although the starter did come out suspiciously fast after ordering. Everything we did have however tasted very good.
The service was definitely the only thing that lets this restaurant down, waiter could have been a bit more visible and attentive.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

It's well worth eating at the Blue Lagoon for one of your meals to get the experience of eating in one of the rides, and being the audience to all the people floating past.
But for the prices, the food is poor, most of the staff were rude and slow (both times we ate there this trip) and wait times to get a table can be massive.
Have eaten there on previous trips and had the same experience so this is clearly nothing new.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We booked this restaurant after going on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride on the Thursday. Our table was booked for 12pm, there were a few diners already in there at that time (I assume it opens at 11:30am?). We were shown to a table further towards to back of the restaurant but asked to move to a water side table and were able to. I would recommend asking for one of these tables when you make your reservation, as they are right by the water and you can amuse yourself watching the people pass by via boat on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

The decor and atmosphere of the restaurant is excellent. It is inside part of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, and is semi-dark and lit by lamps. I would suggest looking at some of the photos posted by folks on here to get a better idea of what it looks like. There were a couple of wandering musicians at one point and steel band music playing in the background. My only complaint about Blue Lagoon was that this music was slightly too loud and I struggled to hear our waiter at times.

This was our last day at Disney, so we splurged at this meal and ordered A La Carte.
Drinks: We have Dream Annual Passes and so with those you get a free Aperitif per pass holder at the table service restaurants in the Disney Parks. At Blue Lagoon this is a fruity non-alcoholic cocktail for each of us. I ordered some table water and my boyfriend ordered a Diet Coke. If you want to save money in any of the table service restaurants, don’t feel guilty about just ordering table water, which is free. This will save you around €6-8+.

Food:
Bread was provided, but no butter. Starters: My boyfriend and I both had the ‘West Indian Extravaganza’ (or a similar name to that) each. It had West Indian ‘sausage’ (black pudding type), a shrimp skewer, one in-shell scallop, some mini fish cakes, a crab cake and some spicy guacamole. We really enjoyed these. There was plenty of food there, so if you wanted a lighter starter, one would be enough to share between two people.

Main Courses: My boyfriend had the ‘Chicken Colombo’ which was chicken skewers in a Caribbean curry sauce, accompanied by rice and roasted plantain. He declared this delicious. I had the ‘Lobster Gratin’, which came with rice, roasted plantain and a diced mix of peppers, tomatoes, onion, etc. I felt that it may have been very slightly over cooked, but it was still very tasty. The plantain was really nice.

Desserts: We both had the ‘Rum Baba’ which came with ‘exotic fruit tartar’ (pineapple, kiwi, etc), in syrup with a chocolate flute. It was very nice, and quite large so two people probably could share one of these.

Service: Our waiter spoke good English and explained what was in the dishes well. However, we found the service to be a little slow, we where conscious of the time as we were due to catch a train in a couple of hours, and still had luggage to collect from Guest Services and a couple of shops to visit. Our waiter took quite a long while to bring us our bill when asked for it. Tip/Service is not included within the bill.

This is one of the more expensive restaurants within the Parks. Our meal including one paid-for drink (Diet coke), 3 courses and including a 10% pass holder discount, came to about €108. Obviously don’t order the lobster if you want to keep costs down, it is €39.99!
We really enjoyed the food here and definitely would eat here again money permitting.

Tips/Advice:
*Make sure you book a table here, from 12:30pm it started to get pretty busy and when we were leaving we notice that there were lots of groups waiting around for a table. Also note that out of season, it seems it is only open at the weekend.
*Eat from the set menus to save some money. Order table/tab water. Share starters and desserts.
*If you are a Dream Annual Pass holder, make sure you show your waiter ALL of your passes to get your free aperitifs and your 10% discount off the meal.

1  Thank CitrusZing
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Amazing atmosphere for a special evening. My partner and I had half board plus vouchers so decided to try the blue lagoon! The food was delicious and really fresh and full of flavour! The voucher really allows you to eat at some of the best restaurants in disney and this was definitely one of our favourite meals! Well worth a visit!!!