“Experience very good, food average, price high”

Auberge De Cendrillon
Ranked #26 of 393 Restaurants in Marne-la-Vallee
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Chesterfield
“Experience very good, food average, price high”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I don't mind paying alot for good food, I don't mind paying alot for a good experience, I am just trying to work out whether this was a bit OTT on the price front for what it was.
The staff and the Princesses were all fantastic, very attentive, friendly and as with everyone we encountered at Disney they were brilliant with the kids.
However I do think it is a bit expensive especially when it does not include drinks, our final bill came to 209 euros, all we had extra were 2 coke zero's and 2 coffee's, the extra we had to pay on top of our half board plus vouchers was 116 euros not including tip, so they counted our vouchers at 93 euros (we had 2 adults and 2 kids meals at Cafe Mickey costing 35 euros and 20 euros totalling 110 euros and paid no extra, so it comes across that it depends where you go to what they want to accept the face value of the vouchers), with the adult meals costing 64.90 euros and kids 28.90 = 187.60 total, the 2 cokes and 2 coffee's cost us 22 euros.
Food wise, Kids enjoyed the bread in the basket at the beginning, my son suprisingly ate all his salmon mousse, left his main, ate all his dessert, daughter just ate bread and a piece of chocolate on her dessert but that was nothing new.
Wife had soup which she said was nice, I had Quail which I assume comes cold, it was nice but was not blown away, we both had the Veal which I asked for medium and it came overcooked and chewy, I still ate it because as I thought about the euros ! lol and I finished the wife's !, desert was smaller than I expected but nice.
Its just a little moan as it was a good time, all the princesses take their time to come to your table and Suzie and Perla made a real fuss of both kids, my little boy is a proper little boy and was not really that bothered about the princesses but he liked having a cuddle with the mice.
We have been now and I said we would not go again, but to see my daughters face light up I would say it was worth it.............but they need to get Rapunzel in (her favorite) !!!!!
All in all, you are paying to see the princesses more than you are the food, if you don't have a tight budget I definately recommend it, however if you are on a budget don't think you are missing out on too much by not going, queue at Princess Pavillion 3 times, spend 2-3 minutes with 3 different princesses, take your own photo's, eat in McDonalds and it will save you 180 euros.
It is not essential to visit here, but if you can afford it why not !

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank dannyjcarr

• Greek first
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Amazing experience for little (and big) girls and boys! Great food too!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We ate here for lunch on our last day in Disneyland Paris and had a wonderful time. It was during the week in January, so low season and the restaurant was not full - whether this contributed to the amazing time we had I cannot tell, but I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant for food, and overall experience!
Firstly this is not cheap - 69 Euros per adult, and 29 Euros per child. But it is Disney which is never going to be cheap, and if you only do this once, make sure you do it! You will not regret it if you have a little (or big) girl or boy who is princess mad!
We were a party of 3 - myself, my husband and our 3 year old daughter who is Princess-mad. She went dressed as Rapunzel, although her favourite princess by a mile is Cinderella!
We had previously met 3 princesses at the Pavilion, and although that was nice, it could not compare to the time, energy and effort invested by the characters during our lunch here.
On our arrival we were greeted by one of Cinderella's mouse friends (Perla I believe!) who also accompanied us to our table. We were first met by Tiana who talked to my daughter at length about her story, her prince Naveen, and what happened to her when she was turned into a frog and why she wasn't a frog anymore! She also told my daughter her favourite part of her own story (when she opened her restaurant) and asked if my daughter liked cooking, who she helped in the kitchen etc.
She spent a good 10 minutes just talking to her, signed her autograph book, then took loads of photos with her - at the table, then took her to a bigger space in front of the fireplace where they twirled in their dresses, and compared shoes etc!
Really wonderful!
After Tiana came Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) who was accompanied by Prince Phillip. They also talked to my daughter at length about their story - my daughter asked Aurora why her dress was blue and not pink, and asked Prince Phillip about fighting the dragon in the story. Both were charming and eager to chat to her, take pictures, sign autographs etc.
Then the ultimate highlight for my little one - Cinderella! She practically launched herself into Cinderella's arms and again, the princess spent a good 10 minutes chatting, having photos, video, signing autographs etc. My daughter was SO happy it was impossible not to notice - smiling from ear to ear the entire time. We were lucky that all the princesses had visited us before our food arrived otherwise I don't think she would have eaten a thing!
The food was also truly fabulous - we all had 3 courses: the children's menu had a standard starter (salmon mousse with bread shaped into a dragonfly) which she had a bit of but not loads, there was a choice of main - she chose a burger with potatoes and vegetables which she ate most of, and the standard dessert which was a Cinderella white choc lollipop, a white choc Cinderella slipper, and a slice of chocolate cake - needless to say this course went down the best! Children's drinks were also included in the price - my daughter had 2 glasses of milk.
For the adults we were given an inclusive non-alcoholic cocktail on arrival (very nice - orange and passion fruit), I had the pumpkin soup for starter which was delicious, my husband had the stuffed quail. We both couldn't fault the food - all great. Mains I chose the goose breast, my husband the scallops. Dessert was a standard dessert for all of a chocolate cake - again, wonderful!
This is great food, and makes a very welcome change from some of the other restaurants within the park that charge an awful lot for the cheap food that is served with no character experiences!
In between courses we were visited by Cinderella's mouse friends (Suzy & Perla) who signed, had pictures etc, and also took my daughter to play with some of the other children whilst myself and my husband finished our meals - we also could then take some "unaware" shots of her playing with the mice, and even doing the hokey cokey with Cinderella on the dance floor!
After we had finished the restaurant was kind of thinning out, but then Sleeping Beauty and the prince came back in and danced together on the dance floor. My little one held Cinderella's hand and watched the prince and princess dance together and never looked so happy!
Afterwards both Tiana and Cinderella sat with her on the floor and had pictures together with her whilst talking to her about all the other characters she had met, and how they would be sure to look out for her and wave to her in the parade later.
A truly magical experience which I am so so glad we did. We almost didn't book this, thinking we had already met 3 princesses at the pavilion. This was one of the best, if not the top thing about our trip. GO!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank essexem
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Magical Experience (who cares about the food!)”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We took our two nieces (aged 9 and 3) to Auberge de Cendrillion to have lunch with the Princesses. I booked for 12:00 as I had read reviews stating that it best to be within the first few people in the restaurant and I would definitely agreed. I asked for us to be seated by the dance floor and the staff were able to seat us by a window and right next to the dance floor. The children enjoyed their food, particularly the starter and dessert. I was not so impressed with my roasted vegetable starter which was served cold but my fish main and dessert were lovely. To be honest the experience is not about the food it is about time with the princesses without a queue of people hurrying you along. We were visited at our table by Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Snow White (each with their princes). They were brilliant with my nieces and really took time to sign autographs, take photograph and speak with them with Cinderella even teaching 3 y/o how to twirl in her dress (she was dressed as Cinderella). The princesses were also very aware of children at other tables interrupting their time with us and very politely asked them to return to their tables. I found it quite annoying that parents allowed their children to wander around and up to each of the princesses rather than waiting for them to attend at their table as they each attended at every table. Most children were dressed up as a favourite princess but I would definitely recommend bringing a dress from home as they are very expensive at the park, we brought outfits with us but bought matching headband/tiara’s in one of the park shops!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Pho3nix1705
“Paying for hype, not good food”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The food here is actually rather poor, although it reads as quite fancy. Our meals came out fairly cool, but we'd already waited ages and couldn't be bothered waiting longer. Most of the staff looked bored, and plates were whisked away almost before you downed your cutlery. If you have a child with a Cinderella fixation, then that might be worth it, but otherwise there are better places to eat

Visited January 2013
Orimattila, Finland
“Lunch with Princesses”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

What a fairytale! Our daughter met Aurora, Belle, Cinderella and Prince Charming and Perla and Suzy. She didn't enjoy her food that much, but loved the dessert. My hubby and I enjoyed our food a lot. Well worth of money!

Visited June 2012