3,823 results
All reviews the executive lounge business center shuttle service next morning room was large tgv station air france free shuttle stayed one night charles de gaulle airport early check rental car long flight flight home morning flight rer b paris
Selected filters
Reviewed November 15, 2005

If I was reviewing this hotel purely on its architecture, the quality of the rooms, and the great night's sleep I got on one of its wonderful comfortable HUGE beds, I'd not hestitate in giving it 5 stars. But the high prices charged and the lack of included extras that I've come to expect after staying in hotels in the USA mean that the CDG Hilton just can't score that highly in my book.

The good stuff: the building is awesome, in a shiny giant modern kinda way. Considering it's practically on the runway at CDG, the hotel is incredibly quiet. The beds are great. The rooms were very clean. I stayed twice, and the first rate was a very fair 109 euros, which included the best buffet breakfast I've ever had. The gourmet restaurant's prices are extortionate, but the veal main is divine and the service is attentive.

The bad stuff: those little extras that you might expect from a business hotel are nonexistent. Wireless internet access should be free as standard in hotels these days - at the Hilton CDG it's 27 euro for a day's access, which is utterly ridiculous. As I mentioned, I stayed twice - and the second night cost me over 200 euro - without that wonderful breakfast as an inclusion. The buffet dinner was terrible, terrible, terrible. The bar's prices are insane (12 euro for a nonalchoholic fruit cocktail?? The same for a very tiny shot of the worst Scotch imaginable?). No newspaper at your door in the morning. Staff who burst into your room while you're in the bathroom! No guest laundry, but then we travelled all over Europe without stumbling upon a guest laundry anywhere, so I guess that's just a continental peculiarity. You could have your socks and underwear drycleaned for 4 euro a piece. Ha. All of this cast a bit of a pall over what could easily have been a great stay at a really nice hotel.

If you get a good deal and don't mind being ripped off for absolutely everything you might dream of eating or drinking or doing in the hotel, then go for it. I guess the Hilton CDG is built for corporate expense accounts.

Date of stay: November 2005
3  Thank Compass7567
Reviewed November 8, 2005

We missed our train and had to grab a hotel in the airport area. The driver called the hotel and reported back that they had rooms at 145 Euros each. When we arrived at the hotel, we were informed that the nightly rate was actually 245 Euros! We spent almost $1000 for three rooms.

Overall a very nice modern hotel. Very quiet with US size rooms and elevators.

You can use the internet at 10 Euros per two hours. But you have to ask the front desk for a password for the two hour rate. Otherwise you will spend 27 Euros for 24 hours. When I checked out, I was charged both 10 Euros and 27. They credited me the 27 Euros, but not without a hassle.

I stayed at the neighboring Hyatt on Saturday night for USD $149. The Hyatt is just as nice, but a little farther away from the airport.

Date of stay: November 2005
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank ralex
Reviewed November 3, 2005

Clean, modern hotel near to CDG Airport. Room was perfectly silent, despite view of runway. Large, airy lobby. Good bed, classy & updated bathroom with wonderful shower, tile floor, etc. Good, but expensive, restaurant. Hotel had sent copy of bill to my home (in the U.S.) by the time I arrived home - a nice touch. Booked on hotel website and got better deal than all the lesser-rated airport hotels. This one is a winner!

Date of stay: October 2005
5  Thank radio71
Reviewed September 25, 2005

Excellent services. Concierge is amazing and will provide anything you need. I guess it is their job, but they went above and beyond expectations. When you stay here, you only get the best!
Thanks Thibaut

Date of stay: September 2005
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2005

I booked a room at the Roissy Hilton because I had a 7am flight to Copenhagen.

I paid €140 for the room directly via the Hilton homepage. One of the doors on the closet was broken, and the curtains had become unhooked on the last 2 or 3 hooks on the curtain rod. There was not a separate shower and bath tub as described on the Hilton homepage but rather a combined shower and bath. The toilet was a handicap toilet complete with metal safety bars around it. The bed was comfortable but there were weird vibrations from time to time (airplanes landing/taking off?).

I chose the hotel because of it's convenience for my flight, but unfortunately was unable to purchase any breakfast before 6am, not even through room service.

I had arrived around 9:30 pm in the evening, and just needed a quick bite before going to bed, so I decided to buy food in the bar. After waiting 5 minutes with no form of greeting whatsover from the staff, I approached the bar to get a menu. The waiter said he would come to my table in a bit, and wouldn't let me take a menu with me. I ended up ordering a club sandwich that cost €15, and it was the worst club sandwich I have ever been served.

I had indicated that I had wanted the express check-in (less than 30 seconds) when I reserved the room, but it ended up taking over 2 minutes to check in. Not that I would usually consider that a problem, but the Hilton had created expectations they couldn't fulfill.

When I checked-in I asked what time the Airport shuttle started running, and they had said 6am. I was in the lobby at 6:02 am and there was a woman already waiting for the shuttle. Around 6:15 one of the staff came out and started a shuttle, but informed the guests who were waiting that it was only for flight personnel. Around 6:20 the shuttle finally arrrived to take me to Terminal 1. Luckily I managed to check in on time.

I had very high expectations for the hotel, and was unfortunately not impressed.

Date of stay: September 2005