“Amazing! Loved it!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kalopanagiotis
Limassol, Cyprus
“Amazing! Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed in Casale Panayiotis for a weekend, after hearing from many people how amazing it is! They were right! First of all, the village (along with the monastery) is very nice! The hotel is like a small village of its own! The rooms (studios and traditional houses) are not all in one area, but are placed in several spots in the village! As we were 3 couples, we were given a traditional house, and a studio for two, both of them were named "Kastri"! They were G-R-E-A-T! The house had an enormous veranda with rattan furniture overlooking the village opposite of Kalopanayiotis! What an amazing way to wake-up in the morning, sit on your veranda and enjoy the view! It had a "fourni", an oven, where you could cook meat or anything else! The inside of the traditional house was also great, very spacious, with modern decor but still in keeping with the traditional tone of the village! The walls were decorated with cobbled stone, and there was a fireplace where you could light in up at night! We had a kitchen, full of all the necessary amenities, and a jacuzzi bathroom! I would guess if only a couple was staying there (or a family of four), it would seem somewhat expensive, but as we were two couples the price did not seem overly expensive! It was a short walk from the reception area or breakfast area, which at night did seem like a lot to walk, but i wouldnt complain too much about it! The breakfast area was a little bit small, and especially when the hotel was full, it would look over-crowded! The breakfast was adequate, not poor but not super rich, it was exactly what was needed! There was also another common lounge area, which unfortunately did not have time to spend there (just went there to photograph it), but it was lovely, i wish we had more time in the village to go for a cup of coffee or tea there; it had amazing furniture, and pictures on the walls! We had dinner in the hotel restaurant (which we were told previously that it was too overpriced with low-quality food, so were somewhat prejudiced against it)! All six of us ordered different kinds of food, and we all loved it! The food was delicious, and it was not at all overpriced as we were told! We loved it there, and we would definetely have dinner again there if we visit Casale Panayiotis again!
The only negative thing i can comment about the place is that you only got free wifi in the common areas, but not in your traditional house or studio (if you wanted so, it cost you 15euro per day), which does seem like a rip off, especially these days which does not cost you anything to offer this service!
Overall, we have had a very positive experience there, the service was very good, we loved the place, and we would love to visit it again, either as a group of friends or just as a couple! It does look like the hotel owners did spend A LOT of money on making it an exceptional experience, and they succeeded in that!

Room Tip: We loved Kastri traditional house, which has a great view of the village opposite Kalopanayiotis! It...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wastoroua1985
P L, General Manager at Casale Panayiotis, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your enthusiastic comments. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Casale Panayiotis so much. Once again thank you and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Greek first
Nicosia, Cyprus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

+++ Very nice atmosphere, relaxing environment ideal for couples. Very polite staff at the restaurant and cafe.

- - - BUT, the spa is not well organised, there is only one person for the massage treatments, difficult to book appointment. The therapist is a man which is a bit uncomfortable for both men and women.
The cafe closes at 10h30 in the evening, too early.
The breakfast could have more variety.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank EGEO11
Thank you for choosing to stay at Casale Panayiotis and for your valuable feedback. By giving us your feedback you assist us to improve our facilities and services. Once again thank you and look forward to welcome you at the Casale Panayiotis soon.
GREECE&CYPRUS
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,860 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

My stay at the Casale can be described as a dreamy experience. On every trip to Cyprus I try to include one or two Agro-Hotels in my Guides and this time I grabbed the opportunity since I was in Nicosia staying at the Hilton to visit it for 2 nights. It is only an hour’s drive from the city centre by car.
Staff: I cannot say that all are professionals, but the majority is. One or two are learning to become… I found them friendly and attentive. Paulina is a passionate manageress, -the heart of the business, unbelievably capable, loyal, and hard-working. She is very co-operative with everyone, always with a good word and a smile.
Well, what is Casale like? It is like a “small village” in the picturesque Village of Kalopanayiotis, located on the foothills of Troodos. At Casale it is possible to have neighbours local people…isn’t this wonderful? The ‘unit’ as I call it, overlooks the cliff and lies above the river Setrahos. You will love it no matter what season you come up here. It was autumn when I came to Kalopanayiotis 2 years back and it was just as magic as it is now in January. Of course it is a complete different picture and feeling but the beauty is a fact!
Location:The setting is exquisite, quiet and calm mountain view perfect for retreats, business meetings, corporate events and honeymoons. The Casale is situated among other buildings in a traditional Cyprus village setting overlooking the historic monastery of St. Ioannis Lambadistis. You certainly need a car out here although I went by bus myself and it cost just one euro from Nicosia. Get the bus from “Kolokasi Bus Station” The bus will drop you off outside the Bank of Cyprus in Kalopanayiotis and you have to walk all the way down the steep road for less than half a km to Casale.
The place is still expanding and with the progress of work it gets more and more beautiful. With the completion of the sulphur springs Spa, shortly the place will be turned into an earthly paradise. Kalopanayiotis is known for its sulphur springs and the gurgling of the river below the property can be heard all over this dreamy place. For tourists this spot out here will give a taste of the real Cyprus and I find it to be the perfect getaway for anyone.
Casale is not simply an Agro-hotel. It is like a small cultural village in reality and this is what makes it so different, unique and very special. The accommodation is sited in 6 independent traditional houses each one different from the other. Some have fireplaces, others don’t but each has a unique character and different facilities. They are the Maratho, Troullino, Eliako, Byzantino, Laouri and Kastri -18 in all, -rooms and suites.
Troullino: I stayed at Troullino, one of the three independent traditional guesthouses. Mine was the one on the ground floor….no balcony but directly set in the garden. The concept of the different rooms scattered in the 3 different houses of Troullino makes you feel more at home. Troullino’s cobblestone charming courtyard was fully equipped with stylish white bamboo garden facilities which were adding to the serenity.
Room: My superior studio actually used to be a stable 100 years back, and the entrance door might even be the authentic one from those days. The interior after renovation is charming with a combination of rustic, rococo and shaker style pieces of furniture on a small scale,-very tastefully done. A blend of modern comfort is combined with some original features creating the traditional feeling and an apparent quality.
The windows have the original old wooden shutters but inside they are nicely decorated with traditional hand-made lace curtains, beautiful linen, a nice comfortable bed with wood carvings, while beautiful lamp-shades decorate the ceiling. Equipped with kitchenette and a small fridge with very little crockery –for a snack though and not to fix a meal. The room indeed has that exquisite quality and character I am after. Through my travelling I try to spot some really nice traditional accommodations but this exceeds by far any other I have come across so far.
A big bowl of seasonal fruit -many of it coming from the owner’s farm and orchards, and a bottle of “Soufas” red wine, coming from Paphos winery were indeed a nice gesture and highly appreciated.
Bathroom: Top line at every aspect. Light and space is what I am after in a bathroom besides anything else and here there was ample of both. Bright white towels/ slippers/robes/ magnifying mirror/ tissue kit and toiletries were placed on the right hand wooden shelf stand. The hotel is using the German products “Pure Herbs” which I happen to know well for their excellent quality and texture. I could never imagine that I would find them out here! All these are enough to pamper the guest but for more I recommend that you visit the Spa.
SPA: An old traditional stone-built homestead has been turned into an amazing SPA combining modern furnishings with tradition. The relaxing lounge of the Spa is something I am not going to describe….only to make you go there. It is the perfect place to unwind, indulge and relax in the light of candles and soft music. You can take your tea out there, sit back and start making only positive thoughts. It is very different to what I have ever come across.
The Spa has lined up several tempting cost-saver propositions for its guests who appreciate the benefits of top-to-toe treatments for beauty and wellbeing. I can speak highly of the couple Desi and Tom Cheva. They are truly professional experts. I recommend the Li’tya Mirri, an Aboriginal inspired pressure point facial massage that helps to relieve stress and tension whilst a scalp and shoulder massage clears the mind. The therapy lasts 45 min –Cost is only 45 euro. I had a combination of Full body relaxing and Deep tissue massages. The first one costs 50 euros while the second one 55. They last 60 minutes each. Tomy is the top of tops on the massage and the price is unbelievably logical. Tommy can spot the pain and works on that specific area to relieve deep seated tension from the muscles. If you plan staying at the Casale, be sure to pre-book your treatments along with your booking.
Breakfast: I have never before been served such good quality traditional breakfast, so tasty along with a smile! You will surely feel the Cypriot hospitality out here. For me when I am out at a restaurant it is not the quantity that counts but the quality and the way food is served. Don’t expect a long buffet. On the contrary, I felt a personal touch of service and this counts for me more. Here the guest feels at home and I honestly felt that.
I tried some amazing halloumi (Cypriot cheese) a very tasty sausage and had a fried egg. There were two different pies that were outstanding. What a treat! The guest can taste several home made jams, marmalades, and cakes! I cannot find words to thank Mrs. Antigoni -an asset to the business. She was kind enough to offer to drive me along in her car to the farmhouse where I had the chance to have a stroll and see the platform where guests can go for rod fishing. Guests can taste the fruit directly from the trees of the orchards.
Restaurant: Beautifully decorated with soft colours and taste Byzantino is a unique spot for Traditional Cypriot dishes ideal for intimate evenings with friends. There is a fireplace for the cold winter days/nights, but guests can also dine outside at the balcony, -weather permitting. Imagine dining on the wooden balcony while listening to the sound of the water in the river flowing right below.
I highly recommend the ‘meze’. I counted more than 16 different plates and Maria who is the cook told me that ingredients are fresh and sourced from local producers with many coming from the farm and orchard of the owners as well. Try the grilled haloumi topped with fig marmalade. It is heavenly and it was included in the meze, but also the Lamp’s Ankle, or the amazing recipe of ‘koupepia’ that reminded me of my grandmother’s recipe. The Cypriot sausage was also outstanding and ‘pastitsio’ was exceptional. Try ‘purgouri’ with kebab. It is a traditional dish nicely cooked by Maria.
The grilled salmon I had the next day was cooked to perfection. The trout is also another signature dish of the restaurant worth trying. If you are here for only one night, undoubtedly ask for meze. Manoli will help you choose the appropriate wine to match your meal. He is a great guy, very attentive and a professional. Some are typical dishes but they are presented with creativity and inspiration. Do not leave without trying the mouth watering home-made traditional spoon sweets. They are unbeatable! Portions are big and I found prices reasonable.
Wi Fi: Internet is fast in the room and it costs 5 euros for 2 hours, 15 for 24, but the guest can have it for free at the coffee shop ‘kafenio’ and the guest lounge.
Cultural Centre: It has a touch of glamour and elegance and serves as a conference and cultural centre. It is a spot that will travel you.
TIPS: Take the nearby trail and get to the Monastery of St. John Lambadistis –a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Explore the local surroundings on a nature trail featuring natural healing spa waters, medieval stone bridges and a traditional watermill.
Enjoy fishing in the village dam or participate in village and country farm activities.
Go for skiing, or take a ride to the slopes of Troodos.
Visit the Monastery of Kykkos.
The other alternative is to simply relax in the beautiful environment of the Casale.

In all it was an amazing trip and experience. I met lovely people, left behind friends, met the authentic Cypriot hospitality and I can’t wait to be back when the Spa swimming pool will be finished. Thank you guys and do keep the good work up. I have missed you all already!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank greekcypriot2009
Thank you very much for your enthusiastic and warm feedback. It is wonderful to hear that you had such an enjoyable staying at the Casale Panayiotis. All the team members of Casale Panayiotis look forward to seeing you again in the very near future. Once again thank you!
Limassol, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

We went there for a weekend. We had a great time and almost everything was perfect. Although
We booked the Laouri room which is a bit further from the main "neighbourhood" of Casale Panayiotis it was a great two room with modern kitchen, two TV, cosy atmosphere, veranda overlooking the village. Nicely furnished with modern but village style facilities. Only minus is that wifi in the room is extra while most hotels nowadays offer it as basic. Very polite and professional
Staff. Good breakfast.
We ate lunch at the Casale restaurant which was exquisite! Bravo to the chef!! The best pastichio I have ever tasted among with all the other meze dishes! Nothing like touristy and authentic Cypriot tastes with something different in every dish!
We have also visited the nearby monastery which we liked a lot. The area is wonderful and relaxing. Great for romantic getaways. My son loved the place,too. We will definitely revisite.

Room Tip: Choose a room close to the restaurant and cafe, but if you don't find one...the ones up the stre...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LidaLemesos
Thank you for your very good feedback. It is wonderful for the team members of Casale Panayiotis to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Once again thank you and look forward to welcoming you again soon1
Nicosia, Cyprus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have stayed there twice, and after my last stay, I can add that there are only 2 rooms that are just below the restaurant, so... they are a bit noisy - Byzanthinoum house. Also, breakfast area is small, I would use the whole area of the restaurant for breakfast, rather than just the cafe area. The restaurant is OK, but... menu could be offering more choices! Other than that, everything is perfect! I would not recommend the place for families with children though... it is romantic, it is quiet (if you do not take the Byzantinum house), it is unique... but for couples... kids simply would get bored!

Room Tip: if you want uniqe bed on the roof take Byzanthinum studios (any of the two), but have in mind they a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing to stay at Casale Panayiotis and for taking time to give us your valuable feedback. Your comments are very useful to us and assist our effort to provide high quality services and facilities at the Casale Panayiotis. Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Nicosia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Great experience!!!
Rooms are excellent!!!
Excellent location (Kalopanayiotis)
for a relaxing getaway!!!
All of the staff were very kind and helpfull especially in the restaurant...
Would surely recomment

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your enthusiastic comments and on behalf of all Casale Panayiotis team members look forward to welcome you again in the near future. Once again thank you!
Limassol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Casale Panayiotis is located in a beautiful traditional village. We stayed over for a weekend at one of their two bedroom bungalows. Very cosy, nice atmosphere, with a fireplace. But I didn't really like the fact that we had to pay for the wood.
The breakfast room is very nice with a great view.
The distance to the ski center of Troodos is quite short and it is ideal for families and couples too.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback. We are very glad you enjoyed your visit at the Casale Panayiotis. We look forward to welcome you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalopanagiotis
Christy's Palace
#5 of 5 in Platres
New Helvetia
New Helvetia
#4 of 5 in Platres

Been to Casale Panayiotis? Share your experiences!