Tripadvisor
Llantrisant
Post
Inbox
Search

“Supper after another long day at work ”

The Longbow Beefeater
Ranked #6 of 23 Restaurants in Llantrisant
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Although when I checked in Primer inn they booked table for me at 8,30 when I got to restaurant I was given a table immediately good friendly staff nice atmosphere & good food value for money with good choices

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (715)

Reviewed January 9, 2020 via mobile

A party of eleven individuals is not easy to serve to everyone's satisfaction. Mathew L is clearly experienced in managing crowds and ensuring customers are kept happy and pleased with their evening out. Well done Mat, we were not the easiest party but you tamed us with your polite charm and cheerful character. You are an asset to Beefeater.

Reviewed January 6, 2020

I used to work locally at the Royal Mint and often had to stay at the Premier Inn attached to the Beefeater. Lovely local staff - always friendly - and a fabulous set menu with a steak to die for each time. I am not sure what they do, but for not alot of money they seem to produce a delicious steak every time! Now I am living in another country I miss those evenings and of course the steaks (and prawn cocktails too!)

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed January 5, 2020

Just tried to get a table at the Beefeater Longbow but was told none were available as they had a party of 15 in. There were multiple empty tables however they obviously can't deal with more than 15 people at a time in the restaurant, not sure what the point is of having more than 15 seats then.
Off to Franky and Benny's as after a 30 second phone call a table is secured.

Reviewed January 3, 2020

Went on family lunch my wife had steak that was more like shoe leather accompanied by cold chips. My mixed grill had hot chips but cold egg mushroom and sausage. The two kids had burgers that looked raw in the middle.no one was very interested in our comments so we paid and left never to return. Very overpriced meals and drinks.

1  Thank metecat