“disappointing starter, good main course”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of O'Sullivan's

O'Sullivan's
Ranked #4 of 20 Restaurants in Llantrisant
Cuisines: International, British
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“disappointing starter, good main course”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Went here for a meal with a friend on a weeknight. Restaurant was very quiet, only 2 others tables occupied.
Service was efficient & friendly.
For a starter I had clams & mussels - clams were enormous but VERY tough, mussels were tender and excellent flavour.
Main course menu relies heavily on exotic meat e.g. zebra, bison, crocodile, but I had rump of lamb, very tender in an excellent garlicky sauce.
Overall I enjoyed the meal, but was bowled over by it, as I expected to be from previous reviews

• Visited February 2014

Pontypridd
“Amazing choice of meats and even better deserts to die for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

A party of four attended, two couples. We had a brilliant evening and the total bill came to £120 for for and drinks which was incredibly reasonable considering we all had 3 courses each with 3 of us having coffees aswell.

For starters 2 of us had garlic mushrooms which were absolutely delicious, I tasted my partners, it was lovely, I had chicken and duck pate which was amazing and my friends husband had an exotic meats starter which had the likes of crocodile etc on it, this was in a sort of gravy and so I am told was absolutely yummy, the plates were cleared in minutes.

For mains, myself and my friends husband had a mixed grill which consisted of: Bison, Oryx, Reindeer and Zebra these were served in a mixed pepper and garlic sauce which was amazing, not to overpowering, just perfect, the meats were cooked to perfection and tasted incredible, I would definitely have it all over again. My partner had Zebra which was also beautifully cooked and my friend had plain chicken, it was wild chicken though that was left to feed in woods, you could 100% taste the difference! it was stronger and had a more meaty taste.

The deserts were 1 cheesecake, 1 chocolate orange sponge and 2 treacle puddings. I don't know about the others but were told they were amazing too but I can tell you my chocolate sponge was the best desert I have ever tasted in my life, it was like a Jaffa cake but in sponge cake form, wow is all I can say.

I would recommend O'Sullivans to anyone who likes the un ordinary dining experience, as others have said we had problems reading the board but its explained no problem if you ask.

If your down this way definitely check it out

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank tazin2001
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Fabulous night for our anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Well took my wife for our anniversary and she totally loved it! Tried the reindeer which turned out to be one of the most tender and tasty meats I have had. Tony is the most fantastic host and we will definitely be back

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Nige011
Rhondda Cynon Taf, United Kingdom
“Top local restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Been here many times. Small restaurant with top class menu and food. Specialities include exotic meats. Lovely atmosphere and always a warm welcome from Chef Tony and his wife Susan. In many ways an unexpected location for such a little gem, but this venue has played host to the great and the good! Would show up many a London restaurant. Class act!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank dennisfrommaerdy
Rhondda, United Kingdom
“Amazing as always!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed yet another amazing meal at O'Sullivan's last night for our friends 30th birthday. Had a lovely evening enjoyed some lovely wine and the food just speaks for itself. Everyone was very attentive to us and Tony even done a different sauce with my husbands starter in which he said was to die for! Had a lovely chat with Tony before we left and we all commented that Susan was missed too. See you soon both, nothing can keep us away from this little gem hidden away in Llantrisant.

1 Thank Danilovespiglet