“Beautiful sunset location!”

Burton's Sunset Oasis Motel
Wolfville, Canada
“Beautiful sunset location!”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Never thought I'd write a review about a motel but this place was wonderfully clean and sooooo comfortable! The bathroom was incredibly clean and the towels were beautifully laundered....no mold or musky smells here! The owner is a great guy called Mel and he obviously takes a lot of pride in his business. Definitely worth stopping here if you want to explore the highlands outside of the parc.

Room Tip: All room look out onto the ocean!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Garden City
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We first read a review on trip advisor and thought we would take a chance. My wife and I spent two weeks in the cape area. Every step of the trip was very nice. When we showed up at the sunset oasis is when we truley were able to relax. I travel when ever I get a chance and I have to say, Melven and Debbie are two of the most amazing people that I have ever met. A new level of hospitatity. I thank them from the bottom of our hearts. We will never forget there friendship. A little bit off the trail, but our trip would not have been the same without that stop. Dave and Theresa....Michigan

Room Tip: Leave your problems at home .... way cool
Simcoe, Canada
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Burton's. Could have easily stayed longer. The views were exceptional as were the hosts.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My sister and I stayed here one night (June 23rd) on our way around the Cabot Trail (it's only 20 minutes off the trail and easy to find). We wished the weather had been better but loved it just the same and will definitely stay here again...and for more than one night!

I don't know what to add that hasn't already been written here - the place is very clean, the views spectacular, and Melvin is a wonderful host (with whom I wish I'd been able to spend more time chatting given his personality and reputation as the "Storyteller")

I can't wait to be able to return...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank interpretive_option
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed June 29, 2012

A beautiful spot. Clean and comfortable rooms, well stocked and appointed. Mel and Debbie clearly love their place and love sharing it with their visitors. The "room service" (Mel cooks a lobster and walked it to my door) was a nice friendly touch and allowed me to chat with Mel and Debbie as we watched the sunset. Debbie kindly directed me to a nice hiking trail down to the water. Be prepared for breezy and cool weather. I stayed two nights and could easily have stayed longer.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed here one night as we travelled around the Cabot Trail.

It was a lovely place to relax - a quiet 5 room motel at the top of Cape Breton. There are great views out over the water, and the owner promises more Adirondack chairs on the hillside next to the hotel! So far there are only two, but it is a great place to sit and watch the world go by. We saw whales feeding off-shore - bring your binoculars!

Services, while not non-existent, are very slim in the area, so if you bring a few bits of food to cook your own dinner and breakfast, it makes life easier.

Room Tip: All good - closer to the office might give you better internet connection.
1 Thank suec89
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I booked this stay after reading about it on Trip Advisor, and was so glad I did. Our hosts were kind and accommodating. The room was very clean, and the kitchen was well equipped. When we mentioned that we had never seen a moose before, the owners made a point to come and get us when one meandered across the property. We ended up getting some amazing pictures!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing and quiet vacation in Cape Breton.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bay St. Lawrence
Castlerock Country Inn
Castlerock Country Inn
#1 of 4 in Ingonish
Cabot Shores Wilderness Resort

Been to Burton's Sunset Oasis Motel? Share your experiences!