“Friendly people and great ride!”
Review of Oshan Whale Watch

Oshan Whale Watch
Sandston, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Friendly people and great ride!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We went with Oshan twice during our stay on Cape Breton Island. You cannot find a better experience anywhere. I have been on whale watches elsewhere and this ride beats them hands down. The owner is a full time fisherman who uses his boat for whale watch tours also. This is down home hospitality at its best. Captain Fraser gives a great tour of the dramatic headlands and coastline of Cape Breton Island. The scenery alone is worth the price and whale, seal, and bird sightings are icing on the cake. On the way back in, the Captain will stop and haul a lobster trap or jig for some mackerel. Great learning opportunity for all ages. This is a "must do" for the whole family when visiting in the vicinity of Bay St. Lawrence.

Visited July 2013

Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“They aim to please!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I have been on this tour four or five times and have seen something different each time. Great whale sightings, dolphins, seals and sea birds. The captain is very friendly and they aim to please. Comfortable, clean boat, expert guide and friendly service.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Wendy J
Maine
“Great whale watch, great people!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I've been on this watch twice, summer 2011 and summer 2012, and both times I saw pilot whales, dolphins, and bald eagles. The captain was very friendly. The scenery is worth it alone, and it was great seeing whales, but it is impressive to see the coastline from the ocean. Highly recommend this cruise for folks who enjoy beautiful scenery, majestic wildlife, and friendly people!

Visited July 2012
Newbury, MA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Bay St. Lawrence whale watch”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was our third trip to Bay Sy. Lawrence and going out on the Oshan whale watch is worth the lovely drive there. Captain Fraser(Cisco) is knowledgeable and experienced on the waters near his home, having a lifetime on the sea. To see pods of pilot whales, seals, northern gannets diving into the waters was very thrilling. On our last trip in October 2012 we also saw white sided dolphins by the boat. Lowering the hydrophone, we could hear both clicks and calls of the pilot whales. Cisco's boat is a simple fishing boat, perfect for intimate looks at the views and wildlife of this beautiful part of Cape Breton. Sarah and Alan W.

Visited October 2012
Halifax, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Oshan Experience was WONDERFUL”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My fiance and I decided to experience the cabot trail October 18th-19th and our last minute decision to go whale watching was one that I will never forget. We set out in Captain Fraser's well maintained little craft and almost immediately we came across a large pod of pilot whales. This time of year the pod had quite a few calves with them and surfaced often. After ooo-ing and aww-ing over these whales for a while I was very satisfied and then Captain Fraser turned the boat in the direction of a seal colony. On our way there, a huge pod of white sided dolphins decided to swim happily along with us. I highly recommend whale watching in the Fall because I loved seeing the little dolphin calves swimming with the playful pod. I could almost touch the pilot whales and the dolphins as they swam under and around our boat. Continuing on in the October sunshine we saw a number of seals basking in the sunshine and even saw several bald eagles perched on the rocky cliffs we passed. It was a beautiful day for cruising in a boat and our captain was friendly, knowledgeable, and confident. An excellent excursion and a great trip for kids too!

Visited October 2012