“Good food nom nom”

Ranked #11 of 65 Restaurants in Pudsey
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have been here a few times and have always enjoyed the food! I'd say they do the best lambs chops around full of flavour and just falls off the bones just the way I like it not like the chewy ones iv had else where. Service is always fab waiters are helpful and polite. It's a little loud sometimes but that's because it's a busy place. Defo recommend this place

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Good food, service at times a little slow but was very busy and didn't spoil the experience.
First time t this restaurant for a few but all impressed.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I've been to both East restaurants in Pudsey and Horsforth and I absolutely love the food, atmosphere and the friendly staff.

The food is awesome, the staff are always there for customers needs. I would chose this restaurant over Akbars anyday. Please everyone try the chicken puri starter you'll just fall in love.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

6 of us visited on Friday 30/11/2012.

Let me start by saying we have been going to this restaurant since it opened. To begin with it was very good. It has never been the best in the area though as it has never been consistent enough.

Due to the lack of consistency we stopped wanting to pay full price and would only visit if we had a voucher deal (which this chain seems to offer weekly, perhaps this should have been a sign). Sadly though the last 4 or 5 visits have seen a slow decline in the overall quality of both the food and service.

This culminated in the worst indian meal I have ever had when we made our (final) visit last Friday.

To start the six of us were crammed in to a space clearly intended for only 4. We asked to be moved and were basically told to 'accept it or leave'. The waiter left before we could answer.

We would have left if we had not been starving.

As for the food I really don't have the time to write and you won't have the time to read all that was wrong so here is a few bullet points!

- bland
- cold
- main courses soaked in gee / oil (we had to spoon the excess out. Just 2 people had removed enough to fill a small bowl.
- wrong courses brought to us

So unless you are getting dragged here against your will avoid this place at all costs. We won't be returning. We've given it too many chances and the owners really don't seem bothered about complaints.

There are much better Indian restaurants nearby (Polash, Abibs, Aargrah, Akbars) who deserve your custom much more than East.

1  Thank Nigel B
Reviewed November 29, 2012

This was our 3rd and last trip to East. EVERY time we have been over charged for drinks! Check your bill! We booked a table for 8.30pm, sat down at 9pm, 7 of us at a table set for 6, food did not come untill 10pm.The waiter came at 9.55 to say our meals would only be 5 more mins would we like more drinks? Lemon rice came full of lemon pips, we told the waiter who brought another very quick but that was full of pips too. My chicken Jalfrezi came as lamb, was quite bland and dry. All our meals were cold, but as we had waited over an hour for it we ate it.Making me think the food was ready but they wanted to sell us more drinks. I borrowed a fork and shared a napkin! Altogether we thought a very shambolic experience, start to finish.

1  Thank Suzanne M