“Very nice place”

and 1 more site!
Saliris Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Egerszalok
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Was here in my business trip at the middle of november 2013. Great and professional staff are ready to help you at any time. Good European breakfast, superb places around and sure the Eger town near.
At my opinion it is a good place to have a conference or business meetings in calm and for the family chill rest too.
Just one inconvenience I found - there are no wifi access in rooms which placed far from the center of hotel lobby. I lived in number 516 for example and for internet usage I walked to the lobby.
Any way, this is the only one problem encountered.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Saliris Resort

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Reading the some of the negative reviews of the hotel was completely shocked.. for sure it is not the same hotel I have stayed! :)

First of all, it was easy to find.. and has a fantastic location.
If your GPS does not find it why don't you update it? :)
Best place for lovely walks.

The hotel itself (interior) can be even look like a 5 star hotel.
Rooms are large and nice, all with balcony, some of them with fantastic view.

Food: we had breakfast, lunch and dinner in the hotel and I must say it was REALLY NICE!!!!! and I am not an easy person....

Spa: I was not amazed but they have many pools, in and outside as well... for kids too. Huge terrace and relaxing area.

There was no free wifi in the room :(
Sauna is chargeable :(

Staff were nice but the Reception was too busy during the whole stay.. we had to wait minutes to do check in and check out.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank StarbucksFreak25
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The hotel in a nice location with good pools of natural and mineral water offering good opportunities for rest, recreation, use of spa as well as conferences. Food is quite good, although might be monotonous in case of a longer stay. A weakness is lack of evening entertainment - end of the pools at 10 pm and that is it. The lobby bar in itself is not enough.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jerzy G
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed few days this October with the family at the Saliris Resort Hotel. Unfortunately we did not have a good time at all, not planning to come back and would not recommend this hotel,the more we knew about the place the worse became. Much better choices anywhere.

To arrive although none of the GPS could find the address, but the signs on the road were appropiate to find the hotel easily, to find the reception at the top of hill was another story, ok during the daylight, in the night time almost impossible.

Good things: Big capacity in general to receive large amount of people without the feeling is full, except spa area, parking available. Rooms are very well equipt in general, although shampoo and lotion were missing from the rooms.

Bad things: Food, not much to choose and quality was bad.
Staff: lacks of experience and/or professionality in some cases rude,is clearly understaffed. With a few exceptions at reception and bath area seem like none cares about the wellbeing of guests. after 1st day rooms were never cleaned properly again, trash left out, dirty towels not changed...other example: at the moment to pay, last day before leaving we among other mistakes in the bill we found a charged for welcome drinks that we never got, asked recepcionisit to take it out of the bill as we never received them and were almost about to leave, her answer was NO I have to take the vouchers and drink them, and added that "she does not understand where is the problem"???. We end up paying them, not worth the discussion.
Management: Had an unfortunate case (our glasses and phone were stolen in the spa) to deal with them, not only did not help, showed a clear rudeness towards us. The only thing what we heard during the talk with the director of the hotel is that "this is not the hotel's responsibility". What a customer service! Surprisingly at the moment of checking out the senior receptionist was amazed that hotel did not compensate us about it.
Restaurant: hunt one of the very few waiters is not easy at the dinner, nor in the breakfast, you might finish the food without getting a drink or coffee, which you have to pay when you get. Many chairs have stains.
Spa area: Non-Hotel guests can enter the facilities (be careful in the spa! as I wrote our glasses and phone were stolen there!), it is very crowded, cannot relax, even worse with small kids, lacks of good place to rest in group. In our 3 day stay we did not have the chance to find a free seat for our towels! Floor is very slippery. Cannot leave kids walk on the floor alone, although we were very careful our son falled down quite badly, so bad that bath was over that day for us, very loudly cried but none staff came to help either. First time in 10 years going to spa hotels that could not enjoy the spa.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TKD2010
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have stayed at the Saliris Resort and Conference hotel on my birthday with my family in late September. My father booked a triple Superior Room for one night.

I got pretty much what I was expecting from such an establishment: clean and spacious room, great breakfast and dinner, elegant design. The hotel is connected by a 15 m glass corridor to the Spa of Egerszalók and one of the best feature of the hotel is that guests can have access to the Spa outside of their public opening hours. Which basically meant that between 7 and 9 a.m. we had our very own Jacuzzi and pool, which was awesome. The receptionist at our arrival told us so many things about the hotel, I could hardly remember any information. Interestingly she seemed to have forgotten to tell us how to reach the reception desk from our room. Also, which was a great disappointment, she failed to realize that we arrived on my birthday despite having it marked on our registration card. No special attention during our stay for my birthday. Which should not be forgotten at a 4* establishment.
Despite this, I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone who is coming to Egerszalók, not only for its superb location, but its cleanliness, modern equipment and for the heavenly breakfast and dinner we had there!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank _tripped_up_9021
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I travel too the Saliris Spa Resort every 4 weeks, and as yet over the last year, hard too find any negative issues!

The staff here deserve a special mention as nothing is too much trouble! Possibly it helps when staff know you are a regular, but the standard of this Hotel is excellent, the restaurant excels with fantastic selection of International cuisine.

Room Tip: I agree the rooms higher have less A/C unit noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank davidwblackwell
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Saliris was a great disappointment! The room was small and not enough clean. Most of the staff seemed inexperienced, the food was below average quality. The elevators are terribly slow. It's all good for a 3 stars old hotel, but not for a new 4 stars.
The most annoying thing (for me) is that you can not turn down the lights in the room terrace! (??)
The spa area is not perfect but OK.
I think better come to here only to the spa, and not spendin too much money in the hotel!

Room Tip: All are too expensive!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bwera
Also consider these accommodations in or near Egerszalok
The Residence Ozon Conference & Wellness Hotel
Thermal Park Egerszalok
Thermal Park Egerszalok
#2 of 2 in Egerszalok
Meses Shiraz Wellness & Training Hotel

Been to Saliris Resort? Share your experiences!