other travelers have booked this property

Review of Laurentian Getaway

Living room with gas fireplace
Winter scene of cottage
Upstairs bedroom with 1 queen bed and 1 single bed
Aerial View of Cottage Property
Modern kitchen with fridge, gas stove, microwave
Kitchen showing gas stove
View of dock with picnic table
View of Lac de la Montagne - 1.5 Miles long and 1/4 mile wide
Main bedroom with ensuite bathroom
Gas fireplace
Dining Room
2nd bedroom with 1 queen bed and 1 single bed
3rd bedroom with bunkbeds
Hallway upstairs
Ensuite bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

vickiloup...
Ontario, Canada
“RENTER BEWARE!!!!!!”
Reviewed August 11, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

I recently stayed at this "Laurentian Getaway" it is not as it seems
If you are going for a waterfront view it is only there when you walk to the dock. The water was beautiful, but that was it.

The rental should be called "Rustic Getaway".
First impressions always stay with you but I think the most impressive thing at this cottage was the fact you were instructed to place ALL toilet paper in the garbage supplied, and then recycle it!!!!! We had to supply our own toilet paper as well. There was 1 roll of toilet paper for each bathroom for a week for 8 people. And the upstairs tub was not able to be used.
the kitchen was filled with the owners belongings not one shelf was kept open for renters. I had to rearrange their stuff so we could put our dry food up in the cabinet as we rented it for a week and had a lot of food for 8 people. In the description there was a listing for washer and dryer, that was only accessible if you moved all the crap from in front of it or on top. Not to mention I don't know how a wash would be possible as when you flushed the toilet you couldn't wash your hands after as there was absolutely no water pressure.

None of the light switches worked for the lights, I had to supply the batteries for the remote controls. I had asked the owner if there was a fire pit and where to find firewood, so he knew we would be using it. The weeds around the fire pit where so long you could not sit around it unless you wanted the jungle feel. I contacted the owner and I was told where the mower was. That's what you want to be doing on your vacation....weed wiping someone else's property after they already have your money.
Speaking of money.....this owner quoted me in Canadian dollars then charged us in American,, after talking to the owner I felt comfortable in knowing he would reimburse us the difference. NOT AT ALL. He stated it was booking fees charged by trip advisor and only paid us $120 from the $363 he owed us.
Be very careful about this owner make sure your quotes are correct before hitting the pay button.
If your looking for a "keep your shoes on" kind of rustic cottage, with a lot of giggles about how your Laurentian Getaway turned out that has a beautiful view from the dock, then that's what this place can offer you.

I hope my review helps in your decision

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked least: There was no water pressure for showers
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Aug 13, 2016
I reimbursed all the money that I agreed to with her. I did not know Tripadvisor charged in USD or how much it was. As for her whining, she wanted to wash clothes on a one week holiday, but not trip a bit of grass around a fire pit. I'm supposed to supply toilet paper for 8 people for a week? What does she expect for $17 per person, per night? It's a nice getaway on a clean, quiet lake. This is the my first bad review in 15 years of renting this chalet.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing